Topic: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)  (Read 273636 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: Busy Busy FoaS
« Reply #560 on: October 07, 2009, 11:37:42 pm »
:-D Glad I could help.

Texturing the klinks is a lot of work (many many layers that require lots work for each detail) - I have to really be in the mood.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #561 on: October 08, 2009, 01:50:05 pm »
Here's my take on the NX. Some parts provided by Atolm, others built from scratch by me.

I'd like to do sometihng else with the catamarans.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #562 on: October 08, 2009, 06:14:41 pm »

Offline JohanobesusII

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #563 on: October 08, 2009, 07:56:48 pm »
O crap I want those.  Are they coming for OP?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #564 on: October 08, 2009, 08:16:55 pm »
Aye, in the fullness of time.

Kelvin-prid (Kelvin + Intrepid)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 01:06:59 pm by Furyofaseraph »
Robinomicon

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #565 on: October 09, 2009, 06:42:05 pm »
Right....

So I will be watching the dropped projects folder on your HDD again.
Speaking of dropped items (Yes, I am guilty too) any chance you, atheorhaven or anyone can get the fixes I want done so I can finish this guy up?
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #566 on: October 09, 2009, 09:20:32 pm »
I'm sorry GAFY, I completely forgot. What changes did you need to make happen?
Robinomicon

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #567 on: October 09, 2009, 11:17:29 pm »
I'm sorry GAFY, I completely forgot. What changes did you need to make happen?

I will send you a E-mail with the things needed, ASAP
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #568 on: October 09, 2009, 11:48:43 pm »
Excellent

Here's another for the Pre-TOS fleet

Hull comes from WZ's resolute.
Robinomicon

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #569 on: October 10, 2009, 08:30:04 am »
I'm liking what I'm seeing.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #570 on: October 10, 2009, 12:29:57 pm »
Right....

So I will be watching the dropped projects folder on your HDD again.
Speaking of dropped items (Yes, I am guilty too) any chance you, atheorhaven or anyone can get the fixes I want done so I can finish this guy up?

My wife is out of town, now is a good time to send me stuff.  It'll keep me out of trouble.  ;)
Just drop me a link via PM, or email me.  :)
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #571 on: October 10, 2009, 12:34:27 pm »
Thanks Alec,

The thing about my models is that they still need break models and what not (which I make when I am converting). I have a pretty solid technique to making break models that are actually solid (and not just detached polies) that doesn't take more than 20 minutes per model (less if im in the zone).
Robinomicon

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #572 on: October 10, 2009, 12:44:10 pm »
Thanks Alec,

The thing about my models is that they still need break models and what not (which I make when I am converting). I have a pretty solid technique to making break models that are actually solid (and not just detached polies) that doesn't take more than 20 minutes per model (less if im in the zone).

That'd be a nice technique to learn.. I learned joker's original technique years back, but that's detached polies.  Works well enough for quick and dirties, but the more techniques I know, the happier I'd be.  :)

Was also offering to help GAFY as well.. but it look like you took his on?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #573 on: October 10, 2009, 03:39:03 pm »
Alec, what program do you use?
Robinomicon

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #574 on: October 10, 2009, 05:56:12 pm »
Alec, what program do you use?

I do basic meshes in Anim8or to lay out the base shape, then export and pull it into 3dsmax.  :)

From there, I add detail and do my other work.  Usually is just quicker for me that way for some reason.. and mapping usually goes cleaner as well.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #575 on: October 10, 2009, 06:53:26 pm »
There is a plugin for 3ds Max called Rayfire. There's a way to use it to break up a model with filler faces with noise or with a spline using it. It usually doesn't even need a watertight mesh (it will fill in the gaps for you). The technique is a little tricky. I'll make a screencast either tonight or tomorrow.
Robinomicon

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #576 on: October 10, 2009, 06:58:29 pm »
Sent the E-mail to you last night late FoaS.

Lots of little pieces need the work and knowing me I probably forgot one or two things

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #577 on: October 10, 2009, 07:11:20 pm »
Yup - I got it, I just haven't opened up the file, yet
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #578 on: October 11, 2009, 11:05:44 am »
Hey Atheorhaven,

you wanted to know how I make break models?
[youtube]WWiBLqWGun4[/youtube]
[youtube]iDtml9Q_wWU[/youtube]
Robinomicon

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #579 on: October 11, 2009, 11:58:39 am »
There is a plugin for 3ds Max called Rayfire. There's a way to use it to break up a model with filler faces with noise or with a spline using it. It usually doesn't even need a watertight mesh (it will fill in the gaps for you). The technique is a little tricky. I'll make a screencast either tonight or tomorrow.

Looked at their page, it's for 8, 9, or 10.. I've got 3.1 so it doesn't look promising..