Topic: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)  (Read 273637 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: Busy Busy FoaS (Mirak/Kzinti)
« Reply #760 on: November 11, 2009, 12:12:37 pm »
I plan on updating it (mostly with the detail, but some with the shape) and texture it as TMP.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #761 on: November 11, 2009, 12:37:17 pm »
Some nice looking Cardies! And I can't wait for those Mirak; Mirak and Gorn are tough ships to find, so what you're doing is very, very much appreciated. As always! :drink:

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #762 on: November 11, 2009, 12:58:26 pm »
Thanks Tulwar, very flattering - Now if only bethesda would realize that ;).

Maybe the community will have to send in cards and letters to Bethesda to help boost your selling points.

I like Bethesda games, I like your models, they should be together.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #763 on: November 11, 2009, 01:07:52 pm »
Lol - Actually a game wrapped around my mind would be pretty much like SFC + Civilization. It wouldn't be all that violent.

My work wouldn't become crap - What would end up happening is, I'd make versions that they want, and then I'd make versions how I'd want :-).

Nah, what really should happen, Is we should all contribute huge amounts of cash and have a game made around Fury's mind..... I think it would be pretty graphic and violent.... Where do I send the cheque?

See, now this idea, I'd like.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #764 on: November 11, 2009, 01:49:33 pm »
But It's not like I'd make Unreal in space.... though that sounds pretty cool :-)

Okay, for those of you who felt that the ship was too cardassian, take a look at the latest addition to the fleet. See how it ties everything into the established Mirak motiff. It's probably a little big, but thats the CL.
Robinomicon

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
« Reply #765 on: November 11, 2009, 02:31:34 pm »
Well, I want a copy of all the ships, who knows, if my son and myself get our act together a game could make it out with those models.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #766 on: November 11, 2009, 02:50:24 pm »
Hah - only if you send me a copy of the game you make ;-)
Robinomicon

Offline 762_XC

• t00l
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #767 on: November 11, 2009, 03:18:23 pm »
The CL should be only slightly larger than the DD (they are about the same in combat power). What you have there might make a nice BC.

The CL should also have only two wings. The FF should have three (tiny) engines.

This all assumes you are trying to get close to SFB canon of course.
Fleet Vice Admiral 762
Director of Strategy and Tactics -Xenocorp
Quality Assurance Lead - SFC Community Edition (Beta)
--------------------------------

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #768 on: November 11, 2009, 03:40:26 pm »
I definetely overscaled the DD, to be sure. I've already corrected it - but I didn't think that it was just slightly bigger (I was thinking 125% the size of the DD).

The frigate looks good with either two or three engines, but I just got tired of the three-engine monotony. I saw that the CL is supposed to have 2 missile wings, but I wanted just one more pop from it. If I recall correctly the stock ZCL has three (or four, cannot recall).

I will conform to SFB canon when it is convenient - which is what I do with any sort of Canon.

The BC will have a bigger ironhead and a more substantial middle-assembly. I already have it laid out in my head.
Robinomicon

Offline Roychipoqua_Mace

• Lt.
« Reply #769 on: November 11, 2009, 03:56:16 pm »
I was a little worried when I saw the FF from the original angle (thinking that it looked too Gorn with the two nacelles vertically), but from your latest shot it is nice. These are looking awesome.

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
« Reply #770 on: November 11, 2009, 04:13:39 pm »
Hah - only if you send me a copy of the game you make ;-)

If either of the two versions make it out, sure.

One is a Dawn of War:soul storm total conversion, the other is from scratch.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #771 on: November 11, 2009, 08:35:44 pm »
How can you make an SFB-like mod from Dawn of War?
Robinomicon

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
« Reply #772 on: November 11, 2009, 10:07:18 pm »
How can you make an SFB-like mod from Dawn of War?

Well, it would be more of a F&E mod, as you would be a commander of a sector of space.  My son has an idea for it, he is the UI/AI programmer for one of the mods being done.  So in it you would be building the ships and assigning them to fly out and attack.  The resource and relic points would be planets that are to be captured.  We haven't got all the details worked out, it is something we have been bouncing back and forth alittle.

And the from sctratch one, have to add the UI/3d/network modules and will be ready for programming in the game code.  (not really as quick as that sounds).  At the moment it is SDL/opengl code, but sadly I have been looking at swapping over to more windows centered as the network book I am reading right now is directx programming.  But I might just have to buy a few more and try to stay system independent.

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #773 on: November 11, 2009, 11:35:23 pm »
The Dreadnaught is definitely Kzin, I mean Mirak.  I'm just upset that the frigate doesn't conform to the ship I made out of Lego Blocks thirty years ago!

As far as Atolm's Cards go, Atolm is one of few moders that can crank out a handsome fleet.  I wish I could remember who remade the Gorn.  Those were nicely done.

BTW, Marstone, back before SFC, I always envisioned a SFB game being a fleet game like harpoon, where the player only sets policy decisions for combat.  I guess this is what they call a FE game.  SFC is fun, but it's a captain's game, all tactics, no strategy.  The only way to turn it into a strategy game is to make use the Dynaverse.  I've gone into this before.  I'd definitely appreciate such a game.
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #774 on: November 12, 2009, 12:52:43 pm »
Tulwar - There is no DN, yet - what you see is the CL, DD, and FF.

You should look into the turn-based campaign that is going on - its in development right now, but its like a simplified F&E game with SFC as a combat resolution system.
Robinomicon

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
« Reply #775 on: November 12, 2009, 01:09:09 pm »
Foas, did you always have the XC at then of your name?  Am I just now seeing that?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #776 on: November 12, 2009, 01:39:11 pm »
nope! my membership in Xenocorp just got approved last night :)
Robinomicon

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #777 on: November 12, 2009, 01:53:23 pm »

Welcome to XC! U da man!

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
« Reply #778 on: November 12, 2009, 02:54:20 pm »

Darn, now I got to start to distrust ya, and you have to start saying this will get done "soon"  ::)

Offline 762_XC

• t00l
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #779 on: November 12, 2009, 03:22:24 pm »
Wait til we make him eat dirt.
Fleet Vice Admiral 762
Director of Strategy and Tactics -Xenocorp
Quality Assurance Lead - SFC Community Edition (Beta)
--------------------------------