Topic: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)  (Read 273682 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: Busy Busy FoaS (Mirak/Kzinti)
« Reply #780 on: November 12, 2009, 03:25:45 pm »
See, I learned from Erik: I rarely put out timelines
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #781 on: November 12, 2009, 03:27:53 pm »
See, I learned from Erik: I rarely put out timelines

true, but you are way to productive for you new station in life. . Not that I want you to slow down on those ships mind you.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #782 on: November 12, 2009, 03:49:49 pm »
Welll.... I haaave been feeling Lazy today....
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #783 on: November 12, 2009, 04:27:38 pm »
nah - I was rebuilding my tower - Plus in uninstalled OP and reinstalled 4 different versions on both my laptop and my tower (stock, OP+, the beta for the F&E empire we are running, and my own mod)
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #784 on: November 13, 2009, 12:33:08 am »
Start on the CA/BC/CC/Whatever-they-call-it.

Needs some fleshing out, but its a start.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #785 on: November 13, 2009, 12:52:26 am »
Stupid question: what module can I find the Kzinti DW and DHW in?
Robinomicon

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #786 on: November 13, 2009, 01:06:35 am »
Stupid question: what module can I find the Kzinti DW and DHW in?
If no one has an answer for you before morning, when I get  home from work I will dig out the rules and find it for you.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #787 on: November 13, 2009, 01:19:20 am »
I found it, its in R2, but thanks anyways...

This is the reason why I asked..

I'm not sure where it belongs yet - it's either the DWH, or the CM (the kzinti CW). If it does end up being the CM, it needs to be scaled up some.

You'll also notice that one the DD I narrowed the hammerhead a smidge.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #788 on: November 13, 2009, 04:18:23 pm »
Underside

Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #789 on: November 13, 2009, 06:06:06 pm »
Hey - look at that: I have a DN...
Robinomicon

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #790 on: November 13, 2009, 08:03:35 pm »
The DN looks too skinny IMHO. The DN has four sections: Section 1. Command pod, Section 2. missile pods 1-2, Section 3. missile pods 3-4, Section 4. Engineering/warp

If I may make a suggestion, I would make Section 3. identical to Section 2. but angle the missile pods up and down respectively so that as you look at the DN head on you get an 'X' like profile.

Also the fleet as is, looks like  skeletal animals where the missile pod arms look like ribs exposed on a carcass. This may be an intentional pyschological warfare type design akin to what the Vikings did to their dragon headed prows of many of their long ships... The skins for these ships will be very interesting. I hope you try to use the Taldren Tiger striped Mirak ship markings.

The DD looks out of place in this line up. It looks way too heavily armored when compared to the rest of the fleet. It looks like a Star Wars Episode I Republic Counselor ship crossed with a battering ram... Watch out, if the Mirak missile barrages don't get you we'll just ram you into oblivion...

Nicely done over all. The CV and the BB should be awesome to behold!

Qapla'

KF 'Klingon Art Critic at Large'
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #791 on: November 13, 2009, 08:29:31 pm »
The DN does a cool wavy thing with the drone pods at the moment, it actually looks really neat from the side (thanks to atolm). trust me.

I already knew that the DD was (A) going to be different enough to not be so appealing to everyone, and (B) deviate from typical mirak design. On both cases I'm okay with it. the proportions are right - again trust me.

I'm not sure where I am going with the textures. Red with teal/green glows for certain, but the patterning is up in the air. Atolm suggested interlocking triangles, which I like. Not 100% sure though.... I could add some very very subtle tigerstriping to break up some monotony, but I'm not sure yet.
Robinomicon

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #792 on: November 13, 2009, 08:40:51 pm »
White Black, grey, and red.... I liked the idea that they look like 'decayin carcuses'.... might be interesting to run with it
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #793 on: November 13, 2009, 08:47:27 pm »
Very true, tus, very true
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #794 on: November 13, 2009, 11:45:34 pm »
Let's see who can spot the difference...

EDIT: Crap - just spotted a floating piece on the DD - fixed.
Robinomicon

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #795 on: November 14, 2009, 12:07:53 am »
difference between what exactly?

Honestly I think this is the only time, besides the supposed enterprise one, that I've ever layed eyes on a mirak ship I actualy liked. The bone ship idea is cool. Whatcha panning for skinns?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #796 on: November 14, 2009, 12:09:41 am »
Between this render and the last.

I'm not sure where I am going with the textures. Red with teal/green glows for certain, but the patterning is up in the air. Atolm suggested interlocking triangles, which I like. Not 100% sure though.... I could add some very very subtle tigerstriping to break up some monotony, but I'm not sure yet.
Robinomicon

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #797 on: November 14, 2009, 12:32:06 am »
I dont know what to say but "DAMN good job"  :thumbsup:
Time for life!

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #798 on: November 14, 2009, 01:00:54 am »
Just one thing: all those missile pods clear the command module, right? Wouldn't want to be firing warp-propelled missiles only to have them rip into the rest of the ship...

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #799 on: November 14, 2009, 10:23:18 am »
Of course
Robinomicon