Topic: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)  (Read 276815 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: Busy Busy FoaS (Mirak/Kzinti)
« Reply #900 on: November 26, 2009, 03:13:06 am »
Phaser nipples and lightbulbs have been properly added. However, it is 4am in my time, so you guys will get this for download on turkeyday (yes, I know it really is thanksgiving already, but I haven't slept, therefor it isn't the same day)
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #901 on: November 26, 2009, 12:36:08 pm »
Nice work. Hey Fury, ya know, that gold filling there in the Fed toothy grin looks decidedly ghetto. heh. I'm a huge fan of soft blue glows. What made you go with the gold for warp illumination? Makes me feel like blastin klinks with my ghetto blaster all turned up blaring a Jay-Z song.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #902 on: November 26, 2009, 12:43:42 pm »
Orange = ghetto? that's new, lol.

The orange glow was an afterthought. I wanted to making something with a lot of blue paint (as inspired by GAFYs textures) - I originally hard a purple/blue warp grille, but the ship got way too heavy in the blues. So What i did was I took a look at the color wheel and thought "how far away from blue can I get? OH Orange!" I then tried it and thought it looked fantastic.

I have since adopted a similar principle for all my other textures. Start with a color (red, blue, green, orange, whatever) and a metal (gold, silver, white, platinum, bronze, copper, etc; yes white is actually a metal according to heraldric terms). and then pick a color that is opposite (or nearly opposite) on the color wheel for contrast.
So it ended up, for the Feds, being Blue as the color, White as the Metal, and then Orange for the glows. The Kzinti are Red for the color, Gold for the metal, and Teal for the glows (actually, cyan is opposite red, but its close enough). You should also note that my klingons are the same idea as the kzinti, except the metal is grey instead of gold and is the primary color instead of red being primary.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 01:01:51 pm by FoaS_XC »
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #903 on: November 26, 2009, 12:56:05 pm »
Two Kzinti Frigates Released!

The Guardian and the Archer. The Guardian is the 2-nacelle version, the Archer is the 3-nacelle version.
Get them Here
Robinomicon

Offline Kitchener

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #904 on: November 26, 2009, 12:57:25 pm »
I think you nailed it  :)

Offline JohanobesusII

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #905 on: November 26, 2009, 05:15:18 pm »
Now of course you know that you can't rest until you've finished the rest of the fleet.  Back to work! :)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #906 on: November 26, 2009, 05:17:21 pm »
toooo muuuch turrrkeeeyyy -falls into coma-
Robinomicon

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #907 on: November 26, 2009, 06:14:28 pm »
toooo muuuch turrrkeeeyyy -falls into coma-

Give the guy a break ;) it is Thanksgiving

I for one thank you FoaS_XC and the rest of the model makers, script writers and other SFC contributors out there for the fan content that has kept this game alive after all these years.
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #908 on: November 26, 2009, 08:06:28 pm »
Ghetto Glows ROCKS! not.  :o

U nailed the Mirak! wtg. Waddle it off and lets blow up sum these ships.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #909 on: November 26, 2009, 09:18:09 pm »
Eh, to each their own.

Anyways, DD is unwrapped and here's a shot of the base coat.
Robinomicon

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #910 on: November 26, 2009, 10:09:04 pm »
Looks good. I wonder why is it that the Mirak symbol is not centered on the forward area like it is in the Mirak frigates?
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #911 on: November 26, 2009, 11:31:26 pm »
No real reason, just thought it looked better that way.

edit
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #912 on: November 27, 2009, 02:14:31 am »
Tried sleeping but couldn't manage it (sleep schedule seems to be all screwy).

However, this is a good opportunity to further the DD (WIP name is "Flaming Hammerhead of Death")

Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #913 on: November 27, 2009, 02:35:00 am »
Look what I found - one of my first scratch-built models. Amazing what a few years can do.
Robinomicon

Offline Kitchener

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #914 on: November 27, 2009, 03:32:41 am »
Looks great, I like it.. keep going  8)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #915 on: November 27, 2009, 03:42:34 am »
Don't worry I am.

I should just open up a twitter account so I don't flood this thread any more than I have.

Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #916 on: November 27, 2009, 04:07:58 am »
I think she's done.
Robinomicon

Offline Kitchener

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #917 on: November 27, 2009, 07:44:34 am »
looks great, not too many more to do  :D

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #918 on: November 27, 2009, 04:05:40 pm »
Added some more grunge - all I need to do is add the beacons and phaser nipples, HP, and make a break model.

Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #919 on: November 27, 2009, 05:39:40 pm »
Death Howl-class Kzinti Destroyer has been released

Here's what she looks like in game.

A fleet of Kzinti ships

And she even goes boom pretty well

Download
Robinomicon