Topic: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)  (Read 273661 times)

Offline Mackie

• Puu jok' unhoittaa juurensa, kaatuu.
  • Lt. Commander
  • The tree that forgets its roots, will fall.
    • stupidfusion
Re: Busy Busy FoaS (ISC Fleet Pack)
« Reply #1040 on: February 03, 2010, 06:05:10 pm »
hey dude, you ever gonna get around my ship or should i look around for someone else to texture it?
no offence intented!
http://www.stupidfusion.com

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1041 on: February 12, 2010, 05:26:01 pm »
Bump!

FoaS where is the rest of the Mirak fleet?

Sombody send a rescue party to retrieve FoaS from D&D online, LOL...

We all know you'll get to them as time and real life allow.

Qapla'

KF

HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1042 on: February 22, 2010, 08:38:38 am »
I'm not dead yet!

Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #1043 on: February 22, 2010, 04:12:13 pm »
I'm not dead yet!

Glad I'm not the only one who still plays with that idea :)
Awesome!

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1044 on: February 24, 2010, 10:31:02 am »
I'm actually still kind of bothered that it feels sort of boring in some places, particularly on the underside of the rear-hull and that one triangular segment just aft of the columns.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

intermech

« Reply #1045 on: February 24, 2010, 12:37:54 pm »
I love the textures on that ship! I had been iffy about that design, but the textures sell it for me!

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1046 on: February 24, 2010, 12:38:33 pm »
Any suggestions IM?
Robinomicon

intermech

« Reply #1047 on: February 24, 2010, 01:05:10 pm »
Maybe couple of things, wacky, so I don't mean disrespect, but just some ideas to lighten up the space brick factor . . .

Add curtains, maroon or deep crimson with gold tassels. Haven't written me off yet? Let me explain, maybe you could add some sort of flowing fins to the design, far-reaching and organic (think dragon wings).

Also, add an arboretum, maybe some of those blue thrusters(?) in the back could instead be large windows to a Hanging-Gardens style area (you would have to add engines elsewhere, I suppose).

I could see this mammoth hanging on the edge of a black hole some where in deep space where an eccentric exiled emperor of a star empire resides, waits, and plots his return.

This ship is definitely big enough to have an open hanger bay, maybe between some of the pillars in the side.

Oh, and one more wacked-out idea. A statue or two, specifically a woman leaning out of the front holding up and out a wreath or something. Or two, one on each side, just aft of the pillar section (where the textures are some what boring), could make one evil, one good and could represent something about the beliefs of the builders (yin and the yang, or ping and the pong, etc.)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1048 on: February 24, 2010, 01:08:02 pm »
Bear in mind this is a mere frigate. The larger ships would have the more ornate accouterments fitting for a lord (this is a feudal culture, so the bigger the lord, the bigger the ship). I do like the idea of a statue :).

I will play with the idea, though.

BTW, i just came up with an idea as far as my technique goes. I will be posting a poll about it in a few minutes :).
Robinomicon

intermech

« Reply #1049 on: February 24, 2010, 01:15:47 pm »
Ha, ha, resistance is feudal!

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1050 on: February 24, 2010, 01:30:26 pm »
D'OH!
Robinomicon

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1051 on: February 24, 2010, 05:15:11 pm »
For the triangle area a large winow, like a stained glass one, that depics there religon of concurring. Like planets falling into a fire or ppl falling into flames etc. would have to see the under side to think of what to do there
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1052 on: February 25, 2010, 03:57:36 pm »
Okay okay okay, I'm back

Snow day has gotten work cancelled tonight, possibly tomorrow, so I decided to get some things done here. I finished retexing Terra's D-10, also started playing with Atra's D5. Oh, and furthermore: I'm going to grab Gow's BOP and add that to the list.

Robinomicon

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1053 on: February 25, 2010, 06:15:10 pm »
More pics of the D-10 please....

My initial gut reaction is something is off about the port and starboard stripes. I'd be interested to see what they would look like diagonally slanting towards the outer edges towards the warp engines rather than horizontally facing the interior center of the hull as shown above.

What a great idea adding the engineering hull to the back of the D-10! You managed to not only standardize componants but trace it's lineage back the the original D-7. Excellent work.

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1054 on: February 25, 2010, 06:21:40 pm »
It's a lot of work to go back and redo those spikes, so I'm not sure if I feel like it >.<

Here's another shot of it.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1055 on: February 25, 2010, 07:45:02 pm »
And the D5 is redone
Robinomicon

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
Re: Busy Busy FoaS (Back onto the Klingons)
« Reply #1056 on: February 25, 2010, 09:15:00 pm »
What a difference the angle is on the D-10!

I like the new ships. I'll take them ;)

I can't wait to try these ships out.
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1057 on: February 25, 2010, 09:15:49 pm »
I think I'm going to drop the expanded neck on the D-10. the thing is massive enough.
Robinomicon

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #1058 on: February 25, 2010, 09:23:22 pm »
Quick question: Will you be adding windows and lighting to these? Just curious. Even if you don't, these look incredible as usual.  :o

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1059 on: February 25, 2010, 09:24:15 pm »
Not really anymore windows than there already is (meaning very very few) windows are overrated to me.
Robinomicon