Topic: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)  (Read 273593 times)

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
Re: Busy Busy FoaS (Back onto the Klingons)
« Reply #1140 on: March 11, 2010, 06:25:37 pm »
Finally had enough time to come back and see what is happening around here. Well I like what you are doing to the kligons making them personalized. Two ships really don't fit the rest of the pattern you have done for the others. Circled the two of them in white, I also pointed to the one the rest are pretty closily patterned to. I drew the green line to show where you could do the darker shorter triangles and then the lighter longer ones behind that line.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1141 on: March 11, 2010, 07:15:32 pm »
You might have a point. The riskadh was a hard one to work out. I didn't want the shapes to be too stretched out. The Sabre I'm happy with because of the way that the front segment can hold the darker shapes.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #1142 on: March 11, 2010, 07:56:10 pm »
This may help your D10 (still very conservative)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1143 on: March 11, 2010, 08:35:31 pm »
Hmmmmmmm.......
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1144 on: March 11, 2010, 09:16:20 pm »
Also did a A and B version though I do like the idea atlom threw out as well was done with a quick cut and paste no real work of art but it gets  the point across
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1145 on: March 12, 2010, 07:39:38 am »
Been thinking about that riskadh. I took about 20 minutes and redid the paneling on top. Atolm, I think your idea is good but its radial-based - everything in the fleet is all trapezoidal-based.
I opted for GAFY's suggestion.
Robinomicon

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1146 on: March 12, 2010, 05:20:19 pm »
WOW! The D-10 looks much better now. My initial impression on your first D-10 retexture reminded me of the ancient Greek and Roman slave-powered trimerene War Galleys. That wouldn't have been inconsistent with the SFB Klingons having slave races, LOL.

Nicely done.

As for the L-24... The engines are an improvement but the command pod/upper body seem too small in proportion to the warp engines, IMHO at this stage. It will be very interesting to see what you do with it next  ;)

Qapla'

KF

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1147 on: March 12, 2010, 06:39:12 pm »
This may help your D10 (still very conservative)

This picture screams "Romulan" version to me. Just add the Atolm Stormbird command pod to it.

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1148 on: March 12, 2010, 10:02:22 pm »
Been thinking about that riskadh. I took about 20 minutes and redid the paneling on top. Atolm, I think your idea is good but its radial-based - everything in the fleet is all trapezoidal-based.
I opted for GAFY's suggestion.

Looks like the rest of the fleet now, any chance of a top down pic?
like the the other fleet shots, makes it much easier to tell which ones don't match

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1149 on: March 12, 2010, 10:32:34 pm »
Right click and view the image in a new tab to see the whole 1600x1200 image.
Robinomicon

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1150 on: March 13, 2010, 02:47:16 am »
Nice! I have a new wallpaper,LOL!

I think this pushes the D-10 to 18 permutations from SFC1 days to now making it the reigning champion of easily recognizable non-canon Klingon ships as far as having the most individual models made for it.

Here's the K-23 kitbash I mentioned earlier. This was in a SFC3 mod and I can't find the read me for this P81 K-23/Atrahasis D-4 kitbash. This might have been something KoraH did. The impulse engine textures do not align with the aft projections where they are suposed to be and the torp area is not covered very well texture wise.

Qapla'
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1151 on: March 13, 2010, 03:14:26 am »
You should leave the one in the corner pink

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1152 on: March 13, 2010, 07:36:45 am »
You should leave the one in the corner pink

sorry - promised to do that for the gorn :D

Nice! I have a new wallpaper,LOL!

I think this pushes the D-10 to 18 permutations from SFC1 days to now making it the reigning champion of easily recognizable non-canon Klingon ships as far as having the most individual models made for it.

Here's the K-23 kitbash I mentioned earlier. This was in a SFC3 mod and I can't find the read me for this P81 K-23/Atrahasis D-4 kitbash. This might have been something KoraH did. The impulse engine textures do not align with the aft projections where they are suposed to be and the torp area is not covered very well texture wise.

Qapla'

korah made his own version. bash is cool, but recognizable as such.
Robinomicon

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1153 on: March 13, 2010, 07:47:16 am »
Minor issue with the L-24 WIP. It's too small as is. It's supposed to be 324.1 meters long and 226.6 meters wide.  The warp engines should stay exactly as they are I am refering to the L-24 body only.

http://home.comcast.net/~ststcsolda/klingons/L-24/L-24_comparison_click.jpg

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1154 on: March 13, 2010, 06:58:03 pm »
I'm aware of the size different. I didn't want to have the L-24 (which I want to be a DN) to outmass the B-10.
Robinomicon

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1155 on: March 13, 2010, 08:23:52 pm »
I'm aware of the size different. I didn't want to have the L-24 (which I want to be a DN) to outmass the B-10.

Reference pic be damned, LOL. I have no doubt you will  improve this FASA Klingon design. ;)
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1156 on: March 13, 2010, 08:31:13 pm »
Reference pic be damned, LOL.

Now thats the spirit!!
Robinomicon

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #1157 on: March 14, 2010, 12:47:38 am »
Is mass of a ship an issue? A freighter,  colony ship or heavy carrier can be larger can it not?  Dont forget the pocket battleships they also make a diffrence and exist in real life so why not Trek. The defiant is a dn in a small package in my eyes so can klink ships.  :D My worthless opinions  should delete.
Time for life!

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1158 on: March 14, 2010, 11:30:50 pm »
I have my moments.

Work so far on the L-24
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1159 on: March 16, 2010, 08:15:00 pm »
work continues to continue.
Not really sure what I want to do with the sides (or the bottoms)

Robinomicon