Topic: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)  (Read 276600 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)
« Reply #1320 on: May 01, 2010, 07:51:10 pm »
Fixed. Get the new download at the same link
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1321 on: May 01, 2010, 08:15:09 pm »
Well it should be easy to spec all those TOS Feds as they mostly use the same warp engines and saucers. Starting from there, one would add/subtract phasers, crew size, shuttle/fighter compliment, etc. Starfleet logisticians would love it having all those interchangable parts... Then again, adversaries would like that too... much easier to determine TOS Fed capabilities that way.

I can't wait for the next round of non-Feds.

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1322 on: May 01, 2010, 08:17:11 pm »
Just because they all use the same external appearance doesn't mean that all their capabilities are the same, but I leave that up to the spec people to decide. I have my own interpretation of what these ships should be specced with, but it quickly falls out of the capabilities of OP... God I wish SFC4 would get off the ground >.<
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #1323 on: May 01, 2010, 08:20:54 pm »
Just because they all use the same external appearance doesn't mean that all their capabilities are the same, but I leave that up to the spec people to decide. I have my own interpretation of what these ships should be specced with, but it quickly falls out of the capabilities of OP... God I wish SFC4 would get off the ground >.<

Most of us feel the same way.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1324 on: May 01, 2010, 08:24:19 pm »
Excalibur, if it gets finished, might work well towards the mod I want to do, but we will have to wait to see. I could translate it all into 3D pretty well. The only problem I forsee with it is how to do the Tholian Web weapon - how would that work in a 3D environment.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1325 on: May 01, 2010, 08:51:12 pm »
Another one for the fleet
Robinomicon

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1326 on: May 01, 2010, 09:07:42 pm »
Just because they all use the same external appearance doesn't mean that all their capabilities are the same...

I'm not saying for instance, that the Saladin DD has the same TOTAL power output and same number of weapon systems the McArthur CV does, that would be absurd.

While it is true for example that the McArthur CV has a different set of MISSION specific capabilities and more weapons/fighters than say the Saladin DD, if your using the identical impulse, warp engines and weapons, the BASE superstructure, power system and saucer size, the BASE systems and power numbers have to be the same. Specifically, each of these TOS Feds has to have identical ways to handle the same warp engine design whether its got 1, 2, 3 or 4 warp engines.

My comments were in regards to using the same ruler (yardstick) for specing the ships out as they are being modelled.

HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1327 on: May 01, 2010, 09:09:59 pm »
Ah, I see what you mean.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1328 on: May 01, 2010, 10:27:21 pm »
Mars-class Battleship is up for download. Get her here
Robinomicon

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #1329 on: May 02, 2010, 08:04:41 am »
Looks like all you need is the Small Burke Class Frigate and you've got a complete Pre TOS Fleet.

Great work there  ;D

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1330 on: May 02, 2010, 09:10:14 am »
Lol, hardly. Here's the to do list:

- Burke
 - Antares
 - Detroyat
 - Coronado
 - Garth
 - Akula
 - Archer (not sure on this one, but I think it'll make a good PF)
 - Julius Caeser
 - Ptolemy + Pods

Plus there's one or two that I need to update
 - Federation
 - Saladin
 - Hermes
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1331 on: May 02, 2010, 09:33:45 am »
Idle math/physics question (oh, how I suck at math)

Suppose a ship has a maximum angular acceleration of 5.14 Degrees/s/s and a Maximum angular speed of 18 Degrees/s how long will it take it to go a full 360 degrees? What would be the formula to find this?
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1332 on: May 02, 2010, 11:46:06 am »
Detroyat-class Light Cruiser
Robinomicon

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #1333 on: May 02, 2010, 12:04:43 pm »
My sadly lacking Fed TOS folder is now bursting at the seams! That Destroyat looks awesome!

If I may ask, will you be adding any more Fed TMP ships to your list? I was hoping to see what you had planned for a Miranda/Reliant.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1334 on: May 02, 2010, 12:05:17 pm »
I have a miranda (with the corrected rollbar) sitting on my drive. I'm just on a TOS kick.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1335 on: May 02, 2010, 12:20:27 pm »
Detroyat is retexed
Robinomicon

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #1336 on: May 02, 2010, 12:28:30 pm »
I have a miranda (with the corrected rollbar) sitting on my drive. I'm just on a TOS kick.
Then I will be patient! Thanks, Fury.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1337 on: May 02, 2010, 05:39:19 pm »
Detroyat-class Light Cruiser is out. Get it here
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1338 on: May 02, 2010, 07:38:05 pm »
version2.0 of the Federation-class Dreadnaught is up for download. This applies the new lighting technique to it. Enjoy.

Available here
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1339 on: May 02, 2010, 08:33:20 pm »
So I'm thinking this

for the burke.

Another view. Note the change in the nacelles from the rest of the fleet.
Robinomicon