Topic: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)  (Read 276707 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)
« Reply #1360 on: May 04, 2010, 11:00:52 pm »
I've discovered how in disarray my models folder really is. This is going to take a couple days >.<
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline MajorRacal

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • MajorRacal's Micro Shipyards
« Reply #1361 on: May 05, 2010, 04:31:03 am »
My model folder is in a hell of a state too... I  also need to reorganise the texture folders that go with them... Mysteriously I always seem to find "more important" things to do whenever I start tidying things up.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1362 on: May 05, 2010, 07:15:45 am »
For those of you who have had scaling issues in the past and need a solution, check out these scripts I wrote last night. First a video tutorial on how to use them.

[youtube]rW7S_BzCtTM[/youtube]

The scripts themselves can be found here
They are known to work in 3ds Max 9. They are fairly simple, so they should work in most versions.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #1363 on: May 05, 2010, 07:37:58 am »
Very very nice.  I know this should come in handy.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1364 on: May 05, 2010, 07:47:51 am »
Hey centurus, I'm actually uploading that Saucer Unwrapping tutorial as we speak. It should be up in about 20 minutes.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1365 on: May 05, 2010, 08:07:25 am »
I lied. Youtube keeps rejecting it due to length. I'll have to rerecord after work tonight.
Robinomicon

Offline MajorRacal

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • MajorRacal's Micro Shipyards
« Reply #1366 on: May 05, 2010, 08:26:35 am »
 :)  Yep, they're a very handy pair of scripts.  Thanks.

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #1367 on: May 05, 2010, 03:48:15 pm »
I lied. Youtube keeps rejecting it due to length. I'll have to rerecord after work tonight.

Very much appreciated.  I'm still trying to do the rest of the mapping for the Demphir.  So far so good.  Not sure if it's right, but the mapping is holding.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #1368 on: May 06, 2010, 03:22:39 am »
Detroyat is retexed

I told you the Destroyat would look great :)

At this point I wish there was a lot more variety in the stock SFC fleet in regard to classes. With so many new ships and eras they belong in I wish the game had the depth necessary to show the periodic refits and evolution of an already large space fleet.

FoAS, have you tried to re-create some of the other Abrams ships with kitbashed parts? There were several sub-classes seen in the new movie aside from the connie and kelvin classes. All were destroyed, but they had some pretty neat designs...

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1369 on: May 06, 2010, 07:37:04 am »
There's one or two JJ-frankenfleets that I look at and say "okay" (the one with two hulls, a saucer, and a nacelle, for example (Edit: It is known as the Newton-type)). I already have plans for a Pre-TOS fleet.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 11:27:03 am by FoaS_XC »
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1370 on: May 06, 2010, 07:28:55 pm »
Update: I have my TMP fed folder mostly organized. I had to write a few scripts to reassign the textures, so that no two ships share textures (that lets me change one without changing another). I've ironed out half of my TOS fleet fed directory.
Robinomicon

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #1371 on: May 07, 2010, 05:37:07 am »
The jj fleet can't be any worse than the Wolf 359 kitbashes. Of the latter, the only design I liked and thought made sense was the New Orleans.

Do you have any plans for the Hydrans or Lyrans? And what of TOS ships for the klinks?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1372 on: May 07, 2010, 07:00:05 am »
There's a couple wolf 359 i like: Cheyenne, New Orleanse, Springfield. Really the only one's I didnt like was the Niagara and the Freedom.

I do have plans for the Hydrans, Lyrans, Gorn, and a ton of others. I don't have any TOS klinks quite yet. I think I'm going to go find Desty Novas fleet and see if I can't up the umph factor on those.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1373 on: May 07, 2010, 07:57:34 am »
Actually, Now that I am thinking about it. Atolm's Pre-TOS Klink fleet is mighty tempting to use as TOS klinks instead....
Robinomicon

Offline CaptCujo

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #1374 on: May 07, 2010, 09:55:08 am »
When might we expect the balance of the Mirak/Kzinti fleet? Specifically, a new fighter to replace the hideous stock model?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1375 on: May 07, 2010, 06:45:24 pm »
Not really sure, yet. If history hasn't shown it well enough, I have a tendency to bounce around. There will be a time, to be sure, when I bounce back to the Kzinti.

I've decided to scratch the Coronado. Atra's model is a little rough to work with. Perhaps I will remake it, but not really sure.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1376 on: May 08, 2010, 11:06:26 am »
okay okay okay - here we go again

Z-CA start
Robinomicon

Offline Rhaz

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #1377 on: May 08, 2010, 12:06:46 pm »
very nice :thumbsup:

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1378 on: May 08, 2010, 12:46:52 pm »
Pretty much done. I think I'm going to try something a bit different when I go to bake the textures as far as grunge goes.
Robinomicon

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1379 on: May 08, 2010, 02:43:16 pm »
Alot beter then stock :D