Topic: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)  (Read 275928 times)

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
Re: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)
« Reply #1400 on: May 11, 2010, 08:39:11 am »
Department colors for that alt are the same as the normal.

I know, but I would like to see them.  Sue me, I like pictures.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1401 on: May 11, 2010, 09:42:49 pm »
Remember those guns?

Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1402 on: May 11, 2010, 11:17:25 pm »
A mini-skirt should come standard with that jacket, otherwise, I'll just have to watch re-runs of TOS!
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1403 on: May 12, 2010, 08:10:27 pm »
Andorian Laser Pike

A few folks at starfleet academy train with these for fun / extra-curricular activity, especially marines.

edit: more pikes
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 08:53:31 pm by FoaS_XC »
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1404 on: May 13, 2010, 10:40:50 am »
Lol

Back to ships

Warhawk. I'm reclassing this as a DD or a CL (haven't decided which yet). Need permission from Major Racal before release (not that its ready, yet)
Robinomicon

Offline MajorRacal

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • MajorRacal's Micro Shipyards
« Reply #1405 on: May 13, 2010, 05:29:33 pm »
I'm easy as ever, so long as Atolm says yes too since I only painted her.

Just so you know, she's supposed to be the same length as the Connie, and when I released her, she was criminally out of scale.

Offline Roychipoqua_Mace

• Lt.
« Reply #1406 on: May 13, 2010, 06:15:22 pm »
I really like that Warhawk . . . close enough to the original Warbird/Bird of Prey that it fits, but different enough that it's exciting (I love the Romulan BOP, but when it was rehashed as the Snipe, War Eagle, etc. in SFB, it got old).

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1407 on: May 18, 2010, 10:11:02 am »
I know the warhawk was out of scale. thats okay. To be honest I've rescaled and re-purposed her myself. I need more CLs and DDs (to say nothing of Frigates)

Quick Ingram bash
Robinomicon

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #1408 on: May 18, 2010, 10:57:32 am »
I know the warhawk was out of scale. thats okay. To be honest I've rescaled and re-purposed her myself. I need more CLs and DDs (to say nothing of Frigates)

Quick Ingram bash
Oh, that Ingram is a thing of unrivaled beauty... :o

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #1409 on: May 18, 2010, 11:46:11 am »
The warp engines look like they could use a few more polys.  Some of the edges look a bit jagged.  Also, can we get some other views?  I'd love to see more of it.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1410 on: May 18, 2010, 12:29:05 pm »
The warp engines have 591 polygons. The ship itself has 4,336 polies, which actually translates to about 7,892 triangles. This is pushing it for me, so more detail would probably be bad, especially considering I haven't even done the main shuttlebay.

The warp engines are also an exact pull from my excelsior mesh, just squashed 75%. They are fine.
Robinomicon

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #1411 on: May 18, 2010, 01:05:29 pm »
So the ship right now is in edit poly mode, or edit mesh/editable mesh?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1412 on: May 18, 2010, 01:06:04 pm »
Edit poly mode.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1413 on: May 18, 2010, 03:50:15 pm »
In one variant, yes. But, I'm going with something called the Odysseus-subclass. Specifically the USS Murray http://madhatch.deviantart.com/art/USS-Murray-NCC-2604-161590849 more or less.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1414 on: May 18, 2010, 04:26:22 pm »
Wider saucer, different bridge module and decking, different nacelle struts, thinner nacelles, different aft module, thicker deck platform to make room for the secondary shuttlebay, different neck, different place for the photon launchers, etc....
Robinomicon

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #1415 on: May 18, 2010, 04:49:00 pm »
Will you be doing a version with the megaphasers?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1416 on: May 18, 2010, 04:51:27 pm »
I already have - except they aren't on the extended pylons. They are rather just at the bend of the struts.
Robinomicon

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #1417 on: May 18, 2010, 05:05:18 pm »
I already have - except they aren't on the extended pylons. They are rather just at the bend of the struts.
That actually sounds more sensible than the way I've seen them before, when they looked like they were part of the strut at the bend.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1418 on: May 18, 2010, 05:07:14 pm »
Hey, btw, folks. I've gone back and started working on a PDF of my own SFB-inspired tabletop game (I mentioned it in a thread in the general forums). I've started writing the "rulebook" I could use a couple volunteers to help me edit it, make sure I haven't gotten too verbose and the rules themselves are clear. Would anyone care to volunteer?
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1419 on: May 19, 2010, 06:24:57 pm »
Hey, btw, folks. I've gone back and started working on a PDF of my own SFB-inspired tabletop game (I mentioned it in a thread in the general forums). I've started writing the "rulebook" I could use a couple volunteers to help me edit it, make sure I haven't gotten too verbose and the rules themselves are clear. Would anyone care to volunteer?

No one?
Robinomicon