Topic: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)  (Read 276203 times)

Offline ShadowDiver

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)
« Reply #1460 on: January 04, 2011, 12:33:15 pm »
Please don't worry 'bout my signature....

You clearly have more important things to do than that stupid thing... :crazy2:

I'm sorta sorry I asked you to do it in the first place, When I first met you I was a newbee. :drool:.
but now that I have been around some and I'm sorta in the know. :pirate:.
I now know how vital your time is to SFC and the Dynaverse... :flame: :whip: :flame:

We can always chat and with me trying to learn this GMax programn...
I can always ask for your input from time to time :knuppel2:

It will give me a reason to work harder at it. :thumbsup:

Paul

intermech

« Reply #1461 on: January 04, 2011, 12:38:06 pm »
FOAS, Is that a solid model from ShapeWays.com?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1462 on: January 04, 2011, 01:38:00 pm »
Please don't worry 'bout my signature....

Nah, the reason why I decided to go for it was because it was a really cool idea. My rendering skills aren't that great, so I want to try to stretch those out.

FOAS, Is that a solid model from ShapeWays.com?

Nope, that is a render :) There's a way to play with the depth of field to make it all miniature like.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

intermech

« Reply #1463 on: January 04, 2011, 02:10:33 pm »
Nope, that is a render :) There's a way to play with the depth of field to make it all miniature like.
WHAT? I've been punked. Well done!

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #1464 on: January 04, 2011, 03:13:09 pm »
i was confused for a moment as well. it looks damn real. would love to have such a ship as a model on my desk.
your sssship iss ssssoft!

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1465 on: January 04, 2011, 07:17:50 pm »
WHAT? I've been punked. Well done!

The give away to show it is a render is in the shadow, a miniture would not have light effects and the shadow would not be wavy like that.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1466 on: January 04, 2011, 07:24:26 pm »
Alright, here's my plan.
This week and weekend, all of my spare time is going to be dedicated to two things:
1) Helping bonk with a site project
2) Organizing and migrating my data onto that new harddrive I got.

You'd think that organization would be easy, but what I'm going to do is go into each PSD (raw texture) I have, and organizing the layers as I migrate them, cleaning up what needs to be cleaned, making my effects consistent, naming conventions, etc.

Then, The break model for Atolm and Tus
Then, I have a sig for Shadow Diver to finish

Good luck with the PSD part!

Over the years I have found with some of the things I did wrong, like adding it on a layer I was not planning on, that came out right are better left alone. Best to move on and on the next set try to make fewer mistakes and be more orginized on that one. Remaking them from scratch occasionally will help you improve as you go, you tend to look at how you approach things differently as you learn.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1467 on: January 04, 2011, 07:45:33 pm »
I'm not going to remake them all from scratch, just reorganize them all so they all make sense >.<
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1468 on: January 05, 2011, 12:40:28 am »
God, I should really make an official FoaS twitter account.

Tholians are all organized. Tomorrow I have off, and I think the project I'm working with bonk is pretty much done, so it's on to organizing the Kzinti and Klingons (not looking forward to the Klingon organization).
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1469 on: January 05, 2011, 03:25:50 pm »
See why its a good idea for my to clean my harddrive? I found a Kzinti Heavy Cruiser I never quite finished, but had gotten close.

Robinomicon

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1470 on: January 05, 2011, 03:29:04 pm »
Lighting looks awsome  ;)

Being picky, and I am allowed so I think the windows lack depth  :)

Apart from that,  ITS F*C*ING GREAT  :o

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1471 on: January 05, 2011, 03:38:56 pm »
You're entitled. The windows look better in person. :)
Robinomicon

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1472 on: January 05, 2011, 04:05:01 pm »
Nicely done FOAS!

I can't wait until you actually release all these fleets....

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1473 on: January 05, 2011, 04:48:05 pm »
Oliver has asked...     "Please sir... can we some more???"

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1474 on: January 05, 2011, 04:58:38 pm »
Yes yes please

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1475 on: January 05, 2011, 05:15:25 pm »
Organizing my harddrive(s) is still top priority for me right now. Still chewing away on it. I'll probably be done by sunday, but its a long process.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1476 on: January 05, 2011, 08:41:34 pm »
the Kzinti directory is all cleaned up (well, I need to find out how to make 3ds Max use Relative paths for textures, instead of absolute)
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1477 on: January 05, 2011, 09:25:55 pm »
ah-HAH - found it :)
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1478 on: January 05, 2011, 11:19:08 pm »
Alright... Tomorrow I'm going out to see Tron Legacy again. After that its on to organize the Klingon files... and that's going to be a lot of work: 27 ships and tons of PSDs between them all... Then its on to the Federation ships.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1479 on: January 06, 2011, 08:39:32 am »
I actually just downloaded WZ's D7. it's better than his K'T'Inga and it doesn't use 30 textures, just 7 or 8. it will mean that there will be a v3 for some klingon ships, but it also means that things will be so much easier on people's machines. Furthermore, It won't break me when I organize all my klinker ships.

BTW: How much do people like the GI-bake versions? Is it worth continuing with that workflow or should I go back to the standard look?
Robinomicon