Topic: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)  (Read 273530 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)
« Reply #1640 on: June 28, 2011, 10:37:55 am »
So, how's that Federation TMP starbase coming along?

*waves if off* SHHHHhhhhhhhhHHHhh! >.<

I MIGHT still have the model somewhere - I never even unwrapped it >.< - Honestly, getting the scale of it in the textures was something that I wasn't sure how to do at the time. Probably more comfortable with the idea now.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1641 on: June 28, 2011, 10:38:43 am »
the SFB C-8/C-9s where even not that inspired as they are only streched hull variants of the C-7 with a new bigger boom and a third engine.  :angel:

Yeah - this is what I'm talkin' about. SFB-itis. Granted I did the same thing for my Klingon fleet - but that's because I only had so much to work with.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #1642 on: June 28, 2011, 11:24:18 am »
Darn. I was hoping that was the big thing you were getting ready to release a while ago. It was big, and it was cool, and hardly anyone's done one satisfactorily. I suppose my next guess would be the doomsday machine. How's THAT going? :P

I took one glance at the SFB ships and dismissed them right away because at a distance all of them look like the D7 design. You can curse FASA all you want, but at least they brought some original and eye-catching variations to the Klingon lineage that looked like legitimate stablemates. I like some of their Federation stuff too.

You shouldn't feel bad about your klink fleet. There is about as much variation in there as the typical Federation fleet- which is all anyone can ask for.

Offline CaptCujo

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #1643 on: December 16, 2011, 01:44:53 pm »
Howdy ! Just curious if you have any updates on any of your projects?

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #1644 on: December 16, 2011, 02:37:51 pm »
I always liked  the concept of FASA's L7 "Bringer of the Nether World" fast strike cruiser, which was an obvious rip off of the Federation's fast cruiser design by nachelle switching programme that date back into early TOS. I've modelled all of these Federation test bed ships from the various diagrams that exist. All early ones used the round PB-38 and PB-40 type nachelles. Their was also one nachelle switching frigate, the Rapide, which was based on a Burke class frigate saucer. I modelled that prototype in October 2011.

The Feds could never keep a secret from the Klingons for long, just take project Genesis....

I made a version of the L7 years ago but maybe a FoaS take on the design would be interesting.

I've also noticed that there are 3 versions on the D11 "One Wing" cruiser as the original build plus rebuilds / refits are also included in diagrams online.... Another future FoaS project??

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1645 on: December 21, 2011, 02:13:09 pm »
Howdy ! Just curious if you have any updates on any of your projects?

mwahahaha... perhaps :3
Robinomicon