Topic: The Forge - Flat Out  (Read 66184 times)

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
Re: The Forge - Flat Out
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2009, 09:42:19 am »
so if i install op and the op patch pluss the two downloads at the beginning of this post i can get on the server

You'll need the Directory Server patch as well to get on the D2.
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2009, 10:55:29 am »
A full install of OP+4 includes the directory server fix.

Offline rmcin329

• NOOB
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2009, 03:08:49 pm »
I accidentally selected the wrong race when starting on this server, is there any way i can change it?

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2009, 03:26:42 pm »
I accidentally selected the wrong race when starting on this server, is there any way i can change it?

Glad to see you made it on. There is no way you can change that easily yourself. The best solution is to create a new gamespy account on another email and login with that, choosing your race carefully.

If that is a really big pain for you, I may be able to take the server down and edit your current character's race in the database.

Offline Roychipoqua_Mace

• Lt.
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2009, 03:40:46 pm »
Psst! Go with Klinks, Roms, Lyrans, or ISC. We need to crack that Fed homeworld  ;)

Offline rmcin329

• NOOB
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2009, 03:54:20 pm »
I was able to make a new gamespy account to work around the problem.  However afterwards i noticed that my sound isn't working on this server  :banghead:

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2009, 04:26:42 pm »
How are you launching the game? From the CD-Autorun menu or from the Start Menu? Do you see the movie at the beginning?

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2009, 04:35:11 pm »
Psst! Go with Klinks, Roms, Lyrans, or ISC. We need to crack that Fed homeworld  ;)

No way, don't listen to him! He's the bad guys! Gorns rock!  ;D

Offline rmcin329

• NOOB
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2009, 04:53:02 pm »
How are you launching the game? From the CD-Autorun menu or from the Start Menu? Do you see the movie at the beginning?

I'm launching the game using the StarfleetOP.exe from the game folder.  I have 2 seperate folders one for each server.  The one for Strayy's tavern works fine,  no problems to report there.  The one for The Forge has no sound AT ALL.  In both cases i do not see a movie at the beginning.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2009, 05:48:12 pm »
Are you cycling the two installs through the original install folder or running them in folders different from the original install?

Offline rmcin329

• NOOB
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2009, 05:55:33 pm »
The one for Strayy's Tavern is running from the original install folder(forgot to make a backup :-[) The one for The Forge is running from a different folder.

As for the backup thing....i did remember to make a copy of the original for The Forge, but goofed on Strayys tavern.  Short version is...i'd have to do a complete reinstall to get a original unaltered install, and i'm not sure where the CD is at the moment.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2009, 05:57:04 am »
Have a look at this post:
http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163365074.msg1122726918.html#msg1122726918

The idea is you always run OP from the same location (the original install location) and then rename your copies so that the active copy has the original install folder name... get it?

Offline rmcin329

• NOOB
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2009, 07:08:33 am »
yeah i get it.  Tried running The Forge from the original install location, and the sound still isn't working.  Strayy's tavern still works great, even when run from a location besides the original install.

Seems how i still can't figure out the problem with The Forge, i'm just going to delete everything and start with a fresh install, if i can find my CD that is.  I probably won't have much time to look for it, till this weekend.

Offline TopMoxie

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2009, 01:01:05 pm »
is there a problem there i can download anything from the links, says it can make a connection

Offline TopMoxie

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2009, 08:37:02 pm »
STILL NOT GETTING ANYTHING FROM OPPLUS 40

Offline Roychipoqua_Mace

• Lt.
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2009, 09:21:02 pm »
It is fine for me too, but if it still doesn't work, maybe the links at http://klingon.pet.dhs.org/OP_plusrefit/ will.

Offline TopMoxie

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2009, 10:43:25 pm »
got them but guess it dont matter darn game wont let me enter the registration number, does anyone know how to get it to except the number

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2009, 01:26:37 am »
hit the windows key to minimzie the window th open it  up again. Always worked for  me.

Offline rmcin329

• NOOB
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2009, 07:17:28 pm »
Managed to find my CD and do a fresh install.  Things are working good now  ;D.  I did have one other question though.....Is it possible to take over neutral territories on this server? You know like turn a neutral hex into a federation one?