Topic: Empire: Total War?  (Read 6157 times)

Offline AcePylut

• Captain
  • Bear Down, Chicago Bears
Re: Empire: Total War?
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2009, 04:31:13 pm »
Ha, ever since I made my first gunpowder unit in Shogun TW, I've been waiting for a Horse and Musket game like Empire.

But unfortunately, I stupidly picked it up a week after it came out, and naturally it needed a couple of patches... and I got turned off to the crashing due to it needing patches, and haven't been back.

But I'm not worried, the Total War series has always captured my interested, so it's only a matter of time before I get bored with my current games (WITP:AE and Fallen Earth) before I fire up a campaign or 5.
If you care about the environment, it's better to eat a Salad in a Hummer than a Cheeseburger in a Prius.

Offline Father Ted

• Starfleet Chaplain-Recalled to Active Duty
  • Lt. Commander
  • Next to Ted Williams in the freezer
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2009, 06:37:22 pm »
Ha, ever since I made my first gunpowder unit in Shogun TW, I've been waiting for a Horse and Musket game like Empire.

But unfortunately, I stupidly picked it up a week after it came out, and naturally it needed a couple of patches... and I got turned off to the crashing due to it needing patches, and haven't been back.

But I'm not worried, the Total War series has always captured my interested, so it's only a matter of time before I get bored with my current games (WITP:AE and Fallen Earth) before I fire up a campaign or 5.

I'm gonna wait for the Gold edition when all the bugs are fixed and it's down to about $20, because from what I've heard here and on the TW boards, Empire sucks right now. I'll stick to figuring out ME2 since I've owned Europe as England, France, and Scotland. The Russians are proving to be my biggest headache so far(frakkin' Mongols), but I'm only a fraction of the way into the game. And Rome TW is next on my list.

Captain: USS Majestik Moose NCC-1712

"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -Cicero
"Superman wears Jack Bauer jammies."-Anonymous
"Better to fight for something than live for nothing." -George S. Patton

Offline IAF Lyrkiller

• Semi retired, but I am still around
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Commander
  • JAG & Tech Support
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2010, 01:27:35 pm »
I for one have all of the TW games. I gave one set or Rome: TW to my nephew and he loved it. Out of all of them I like Rome and ME2. Empire still has not gelled on me.

So there's my take on Empire.

KAT-Lyrkiller
Semi-retired
Captain of the MSC Maus
MEMBER OF KLAW
SILENCE.....I keel you!!!

Offline Lono

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2010, 09:43:48 am »
Ahh - well - from all I read Emprie is not even out of alpha really... despite a few patches...

I think it goes to show that game publishers are putting rediculous pressure to get PC games out too early ruining even formerly lucrative franchises.

Of course - that kind of behavior is rewarded by the insane PC MW2 buyers - but some people you just can't reach...

It really is too bad too - as I was drooling over the thought of Empire and a Napoleon Total War game for years...

Way to kill the franchise Sega!

>:(

Offline Lono

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2010, 01:25:08 pm »
Sooo...  Picked it up for a Ten Spot on steam last weekend! - w00t!!

Can anyone who's been playing it here verify that it's playable now with the patches - or should I apply a mod to make it worth playing?

Any Mods that are essential - or just very well done?

Offline FRA.E.Kehakoul_XC

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 11:08:48 am »
Well the feedback i got, points to the game being garbage even with patches.
I got them all besdies the last one ,on my HD is always Shogun total war and Rome  with EB (Europa Barbaorum).

That  is HArdocre mod that  allows the generals to give the Pre battle speeches in latin ,old greek etc original names of units ,unit building and troop types based on the real system etc.Made by people who work in the field,or are heavy into it without a title.
For example A German based group specialized in music from that time for the soundtrack.

I really hoped after Rome they would redo SHogun with new graphics,.. the way it is going  doesn't kick me at all.

IT would have made a lot more sense if they had done the "Mother of all wars" the Thirty years war,but no, this little dwarf become the focus.. yack.

I am looking forward to the completion of EB for Med 2.

FRA.E.Kehakoul_XC

Director - Diplomatic Division

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2010, 03:15:24 pm »
I just bought Total War:  Napoleon and it seems far more finished than Empire..
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz