Topic: X Ships Project....  (Read 22048 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: X Ships Project....
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2009, 09:18:37 am »
I'm going to keep the impulse crystal as a single for all ships.  The deflector though I can't decide if I should go single, dual, or a mix.

When in doubt make two versions
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2009, 12:19:19 pm »
Anyway, deflector, should I do a dual deflector for all ships, single deflector for all ships, or a dual deflector for the DN and BB while the CA gets a single deflector?

My preference:

a dual deflector for the DN and BB while the CA gets a single deflector.  :)
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2009, 10:39:22 pm »
True.  Since the hulls will be basically identical, with the exception of the deflectors, and I'm not unifying the mesh, kitbashing a dual dish CA or single dish DN/BB would be easy.

Ok, I'll release a CA with a single dish, and the DN and BB will both have dual dishes.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2009, 11:03:43 pm »
Well, the DN hull and the CA hull should have separate elements to make them fit into the design better, beyond the different deflector arrangments. Give the DN an extra shuttlebay or something, like P81's Odyssey, but try to make it adaptable so a person can switch out what they want.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2009, 03:06:31 am »
I don't want to get too fancy. 
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2009, 11:51:30 pm »
Minor update to show I have been working on the ship, albeit very little.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2009, 02:06:06 am »
Been doing some more work in what time I have.  I haven't done much.  I did the deflector dish.  There are going to be two variants.  One is a single dish, and the other are twin deflectors that are smaller than the single dish.  I've also made an aft torpedo housing for use on the 3 engine and 4 engine variants of the X ships.  Nothing fancy.

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2009, 06:27:10 am »
Good work mate...

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2009, 08:36:34 am »
Another update...

I've finished the phaser box placement on the ship.  I like where they are and how they're arranged.  I'll work on their emitters next.  Each box is actually a triplet turret bank.  I've also made a 3rd pylon for the 3 engine variant of this ship, and a joint for it to connect to the ship, as I didn't want it to look like I just placed it there.

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2009, 09:13:05 pm »
Damn Nice work  :thumbsup:
Could you make 1 shuttlebay open? So a shuttle can be rigged for flight and the other bay use IM transparancy trick to show a shuttle inside the shield with a door 1/2 way open? Im goan try that on a SW ship but id love to see this on your ship here. Thats if you want to go to that effort all good if not but would rock more with that little extra detail.
Time for life!

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2009, 06:33:36 am »
I would if I could, but I don't know how.  Think you could help me out on that?

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2009, 02:06:52 am »
I would if I could, but I don't know how.  Think you could help me out on that?
If you see me on msn contact me any time. :-[
Time for life!

Offline Kitchener

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2009, 12:58:42 pm »
looks good, are you going to unify it? there are lots of seperate parts there  :angel:

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2009, 08:09:55 pm »
I'm liking that mesh.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2009, 01:50:11 am »
I started out as a kitbasher, and I know that there's a small possibility that at least a few people, including myself, may want to make kitbashes from this mesh one day, so F_W was right, I am basher friendly.

F_W and I were and still working on a TNG Excelsior kitbash, and the mapper we managed to get unified the entire mesh, which I think led to a few of the problems we're still having now, but no way to be sure.  Either way, most likely I am not going to unify this mesh.

Besides, there aren't that many independent parts.  The entire engineering hull, including shuttlebay and deflectors, is all one piece.  The phaser boxes themselves are separate.  The torpedo pod/pylon assembly is one piece, neck is one piece, impulse assembly one piece, bridge one piece.  The nacelles will be independent as well, so there aren't really that many pieces, just several large pieces.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2009, 02:01:47 pm »
I've been working on the warp nacelle, well, the basic shape of it anyway.  I'm still gonna work on it and refine it quite a bit.  Just thought I'd show that this project isn't dead.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2009, 02:02:41 pm »
P.S.  In case you're wondering, no, it doesn't have any mapping.  That little textured spot is a finished nacelle I'm using as a basis for my own, and I'm building my own on top of it as a guide for shape and dimension.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2010, 05:31:09 am »
I've done a little more work on the nacelle.  Not much, but at least it's progress.

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2010, 02:11:45 pm »
inspired by that 4 engine tmp from STO?

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2010, 05:13:20 pm »
What ship?  I don't keep up with STO development anymore.  This nacelle is supposed to be a merger of the P81 X ship nacelle and the Sorcerer nacelle.