Topic: Battlestar Galactia Sins of the 13th tribe:-- done.  (Read 22523 times)

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
Re: Nova class - The Atlantia & ------ Models of the 13th tribe-----
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 05:28:03 pm »
Well, as logical as it's gonna get will be the way SFCOP mechanics are done. We need to categorize these ships based off usable class type then assign them whatever values in these roles: There are ship classes, turn modes, acceleration, move cost, shields, weapons, armor, boarding parties, deck crews (how many ftrs will regenerate providing at least one ftr of a squad makes it back to the carrier), shuttles, ftrs, PF's, hull, warp, impulse, apr, battery, labs (shield regeneration), command boxes, transporters, mines, tractors, etc.

The more canon description we get on how the weapons and defensive armament works in conjunction with the shields, etc., will make less guess work and make the mod more legitimate. I'd say start off small with the basic classes of canon ships and playtest. As they say, the only true test is combat.

So far  i have not found any sfb/fasa type specks  only thing i found so far for Tos Galactia  is, Crew 700, Role carrier battleship, 32 known turbo lazers and fussion missiles and size.
here is my EA anti fighter cruiser.  :-\
Time for life!

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2009, 09:37:02 pm »
Here is the links to the Eastern Alliance Cap1 and the basic light fleet.
 http://sfc.battleclinic.com/docks/view.php?id=4734 Light fleet

http://sfc.battleclinic.com/docks/view.php?id=4733 Cap ship 1 colony / repair.
Time for life!

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2009, 09:54:13 pm »
Well, as logical as it's gonna get will be the way SFCOP mechanics are done. We need to categorize these ships based off usable class type then assign them whatever values in these roles: There are ship classes, turn modes, acceleration, move cost, shields, weapons, armor, boarding parties, deck crews (how many ftrs will regenerate providing at least one ftr of a squad makes it back to the carrier), shuttles, ftrs, PF's, hull, warp, impulse, apr, battery, labs (shield regeneration), command boxes, transporters, mines, tractors, etc.

The more canon description we get on how the weapons and defensive armament works in conjunction with the shields, etc., will make less guess work and make the mod more legitimate. I'd say start off small with the basic classes of canon ships and playtest. As they say, the only true test is combat.

What is the size of the largest stock ship in sfc? I am guessing 1/2 the size of the Galactia at most. 2 times those speks and keep shields the same. Galactia has 2x the fighter cap as a sfc carrier i think / with its ability to make more fighters with the aid of the flattop ship.
But what to use for weapons? no damn ph 4 gat phasers or ph3 for 10 of the 34 known weapon spots lol. 
Time for life!

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2009, 10:50:25 pm »
??
Time for life!

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2009, 11:50:20 pm »

want?
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2009, 11:54:11 pm »
Probably not. Extremely pretty, but probably too high poly. Are the ftrs over 250 polies each?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2009, 11:59:45 pm »
i have a slew of fighters, but they are about 2k each.
I also have all of coxxons models (which I retexed a bunch of).
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2009, 12:00:37 am »
Kreeargh slow down, lol. B4 you hardpoint any of these models, we are limited to Ship UI's. Have you seen them in shipedit? There are only so many hard points we can use per model and only 4 weapons can fit in each of them. We will have to define offensive weapons, defensive weapons, main weapons and phaser weapons. They dont have to be phasers per say, but SFCOP has a phaser capacitor that we need to work with if we use phasers. What weapons will resemble plasma, if we use it at all... and how will drones work? There are 3x speeds of drones and 2x types of warheads and 3 types of launchers.

Beyond that, tho, before it's even considered... what I'd like to do is get an idea of what weapons ships had across the board BSG wise and go from there to implement some sort of comparison so we can comparatively approximate the kinda weapon loadout a BSG ship would likely have in SFCOP.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2009, 12:02:37 am »
well, imagine about 288,000 polies for a ftr fight. That'd kill frame rate. They need to be at or under 300 to be usable. But damn... those ftrs are frackin sweet!

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2009, 02:58:59 am »
I must say those Mk2 viper models of the Cassandra make my low poly models look pathetic.    :'(  But I did design them to be very low poly and texture size to work with low end systems.  Anyway, VERY nice models there.  They almost looks as detailed as the show. 

The nova class looks good too.  The EA ships looks great aswell.
"I sure am glad I like SFB!" - Magnum357 (me)

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2009, 07:23:43 pm »
Kreeargh slow down, lol. B4 you hardpoint any of these models, we are limited to Ship UI's. Have you seen them in shipedit? There are only so many hard points we can use per model and only 4 weapons can fit in each of them. We will have to define offensive weapons, defensive weapons, main weapons and phaser weapons. They dont have to be phasers per say, but SFCOP has a phaser capacitor that we need to work with if we use phasers. What weapons will resemble plasma, if we use it at all... and how will drones work? There are 3x speeds of drones and 2x types of warheads and 3 types of launchers.

Beyond that, tho, before it's even considered... what I'd like to do is get an idea of what weapons ships had across the board BSG wise and go from there to implement some sort of comparison so we can comparatively approximate the kinda weapon loadout a BSG ship would likely have in SFCOP.

I have to finish the model before i hardpoint it  :angel: she got another 4k in poly before i stop. What i did there was show spots of the ship where i have seen gunfire or missles launced etc watching tos epps of the show.
My past work i have done on my sfc2 bsg mod i have picked the ship ui that fit the "shape" of the model  the best.  We are not going to copy the # of weapons i know that for a fact. The Berzerk fire support ship has like 50  lazers and a big ass mauler type cannon in the front of the ship. Even if you just put in a bunch of gat phasers or ph3 you would have to have battleship power to get them all charged to fire while in movement. It really sucks frak that sfc2 or op cant work the sfc3 defiants phasers they would fit perfect.
I think all weapons can be used ,the Eastern Alliance faction doesnt really exist in canon with any real power there was only 1 ship seen but i wanted to add them to fill in the slots as much as i can. Its also not stoping us from creating more factions that all the weapons can be used for.  I think there is enough models to fill 2 colonial slots 2 cylon slots and 1 EA slot. bolth colonial and cylon can have tos slot and new show slot. We can even rig Foas vipers and others higher poly fighters to be a real weak frigets so you can fly some fighters in the game to get the bsg effect.
Time for life!

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2009, 08:39:13 pm »
Here is my Cylon Raider i made for the sins mod at 300 poly. I never did release this since there are 3 or 4 at battleclinic but i might as well now.  :P
http://sfc.battleclinic.com/docks/view.php?id=4735
Time for life!

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2009, 10:31:27 pm »
saweet!

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2009, 11:13:06 pm »
I must say those Mk2 viper models of the Cassandra make my low poly models look pathetic.    :'(  But I did design them to be very low poly and texture size to work with low end systems.  Anyway, VERY nice models there.  They almost looks as detailed as the show. 

I use your work my personal and hopefully released sfc2 BSG mod .Your work fits perfect in my idea/plan of BSG ! glory isnt my goal  its user friendly is what i am looking for ! Glory perfect spot on is overated anyway,Too many want to do same job! You have some real Game modeling and texture stills! I suck a the arse even after 7 years of trying to figure it all out i am no better with textures than i was back in 04. I am the Ugulyth.
  If uguly didnt exist not many would want to improve the concept to make it what the One that works on it improve the ideas of others.  Damn if that isnt Vulcan logic then please shoot me  :laugh: I am proof that Uguly works in some cases. :-\ :D
Edit agian : Damn ! i am now a full Lt after all these years  :buck2:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 11:42:04 pm by Kreeargh »
Time for life!

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2009, 03:04:02 am »
Thanks, I did work hard on the Mk2, Mk7 and the Raven even though they are low poly/texture size.   :)  If your going to use the Raven, keep in mind its not really a combat craft (although there was suppose to be an experimental combat variant).  Its mostly just a refueler/support vessel, somewhat similar to a Raptor only using early tech.

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Nova class - The Atlantia
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2009, 11:44:16 pm »
soase uses normal mapping does it not? are you making a high poly detailed model for the low poly normal mapping soase version?
I have been told sins can handle 8k models ok so i plan to have a mix of model and texture detail " if someone takes the paying job gig i am offering to make a cool texture map for it that is. If not it will look like crap but be well detailed in the modeling part :laugh:
Time for life!

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2009, 01:29:50 am »
Kreeargh..

I absolutely love that colony ship.. and your texturing style really works well with these ships.  Miles is right, you just need more confidence in yourself and these ships are a great way to show off your m4d 5kill$  ;)

Just work on these for a bit, and as a suggestion, try playing with using a natural material in your texture layers.. it'll add extra depth and realism.

I'll do a search for one of your meshes over on Battleclinic and send you a link to the result so that you can see what I mean.  What do you normally use to texture with so I have an idea of what format to put it in for you?
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2009, 07:40:07 pm »
Kreeargh..

I absolutely love that colony ship.. and your texturing style really works well with these ships.  Miles is right, you just need more confidence in yourself and these ships are a great way to show off your m4d 5kill$  ;)

Just work on these for a bit, and as a suggestion, try playing with using a natural material in your texture layers.. it'll add extra depth and realism.

I'll do a search for one of your meshes over on Battleclinic and send you a link to the result so that you can see what I mean.  What do you normally use to texture with so I have an idea of what format to put it in for you?

I use mspaint and paint shop pro8, mspaint for my scratch texture work and try to bump it ect will psp8. But for the most part all i do is hack and slash textures of coxxons bsg fleet. Im no artist i have no clue what kind of details to make let alone how to make them proper. 
Time for life!

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2009, 02:28:11 am »
Kreeargh, I agree aswell, these models for your mod are looking great!   :)

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2009, 07:10:26 pm »
If i didnt have a timeline to finish what i need to i would have alot changed to fit what I see in the BSG series. {Something i can go back to later if i need to i guess}
But for now im lucky to come up with a design and model it in 1 night. Maping and hack slashing some textures for it ends up takeing me another night. If i really wanted to detail the models how i see them with my scratch texture skills it would be  6 months or so for just 1 ship. I dont have the time i have 11 models left to go to fill in the slot EA slot with less than 15 days left ,trying to think up Cap ships for the EA is not an easy task in itself. And the darn TOS Galactia i have to get that done to  :-\ .
Time for life!