Topic: Battlestar Galactia Sins of the 13th tribe:-- done.  (Read 22718 times)

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
Battlestar Galactia Sins of the 13th tribe:-- done.
« on: November 23, 2009, 06:56:09 pm »
Ha HA Trek fans made you look.  :angel:  Nova class Battlestar wip. The Atlanta.
Im not sure how much model work i want to put in to a model which wont be used for sfc much but here goes. I am going to model every detail i can see from a ertel plastic kit i have but poly count is more important to me try and keep it below 15k. So far its goin ok but at 5k now the underside will lack the detail i want to make. Its hard to pick and choose what to model and what not to.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 01:11:14 am by Kreeargh »
Time for life!

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
Re: Nova class - The Atlantia
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 01:36:55 am »
Looks good so far.  Great job!    :)
"I sure am glad I like SFB!" - Magnum357 (me)

Offline Kitchener

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 02:56:27 am »
looks good  ;D

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 06:43:44 pm »
All other model work is on hold , i need to finish this model and create a Eastern alliance fleet from the 1 design that was seen in TOS, for my BSG 13th Tribe model pack.
 Everything in gold, grey and rust color is part of my first attempt at the Tos Galactia i posted a few months ago.  Its modeling of the same ship but that version has the bridge area changed as i didnt have that part of my plastic kit at the time for referance. Here is an update.
Time for life!

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 08:08:27 pm »
That is freaking AWESOME! Luv it. Hope it can be used in SOASE and if not, I'm making a BSG sfc mod anyway. Looks rocking man.

Offline Kitchener

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 03:34:04 am »
soase uses normal mapping does it not? are you making a high poly detailed model for the low poly normal mapping soase version?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 04:11:17 am »
That is freaking AWESOME! Luv it. Hope it can be used in SOASE and if not, I'm making a BSG sfc mod anyway. Looks rocking man.

Remind me to hand you my BSG stuff :-)
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 10:39:28 pm »
I am modeling it for a Sins of a solar empires's  Bsg 13 tribe mod . I was the orignatior of the model pack/mod name but Kyogre12 is the coder and "creator" of the mod now
all i have done is model and export some of the models to be able to be used in sins. It is for sins and sfc ,pm me so we can combine resources for a SFC BSG total conversion mod if you would like.  I also am working on a BSG mod for SFC game series.
Time for life!

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2009, 01:20:21 pm »
Well There is a BSG section in my mod as probably everyone knows by now, its just slow work considering only Centurus and I are working on it.

I am working on a sfc2 mod and my guess Dizzy is working on a OP mod  you got 3 were all good . Your alwasy welcome to use my work but i know its not the quality you want for your mod.
Time for life!

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2009, 05:51:15 pm »
Well, 1st thing we probably need to do is get thumbnails of all the models created that would look pretty in a mod and categorize the models by class similar to how SFC is done and then someone will need to go thru armaments of each ship so I can setup weapons and arcs and shields... Its a big project, but it's probably workable enough to where it would be hellafun to play a mission using BSG stuff.

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2009, 01:33:01 am »
Well, 1st thing we probably need to do is get thumbnails of all the models created that would look pretty in a mod and categorize the models by class similar to how SFC is done and then someone will need to go thru armaments of each ship so I can setup weapons and arcs and shields... Its a big project, but it's probably workable enough to where it would be hellafun to play a mission using BSG stuff.
The problem is chooseing what to use from what we all have. I have enough to fill 4 slots in colonials alone.  I had a hell of a time chooseing what to use for the 13th tribe mod with sins limmits its hard to have a Rag tag fleet  lol.
Heres the ships in the 2nd release of my model pack for the sins mod, the other pic is my rebuild of David Kerin's EA destroyer to start my Eastern Alliance faction the 3rd and final model pack i will release for the Sins of the 13th tribe bsg mod.
Time for life!

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2009, 02:35:56 am »
If you guys want too, you can use my Mk2 and Mk7 Vipers I built that are posted on www.battleclinic.com.  They listed under the SFC section I think.  They don't get a lot of downloads, so I would be honored if you want to use them.

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2009, 04:32:13 am »
If you guys want too, you can use my Mk2 and Mk7 Vipers I built that are posted on www.battleclinic.com.  They listed under the SFC section I think.  They don't get a lot of downloads, so I would be honored if you want to use them.
I was wanting to use all your BSG models if i could?  I love your texture theme they fit perfect for my mid era ideas.

Time for life!

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2009, 04:39:35 am »
Eastern Alliance fleet update  :D Hows this look for the fleet so far? I made a new game model of David Kerin's EAdestroyer design from battlestarpegsus.com
Also a fix of an older model of mine that was also converted to A2.
Time for life!

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2009, 03:31:28 am »
I was wanting to use all your BSG models if i could?  I love your texture theme they fit perfect for my mid era ideas.

Sure, I only have a few.  The Battlestar and the Lightstar I made weren't really my models, the original model was created by someone called "acient angel" so I can't really give you permission for those unfortunetly.

Thanks for the comments about the texturing.  I purposely "lightened" up the textures of the Mk2, Mk7 and Raven Auxilary craft to not only make them show up in SFC better, but I also did it to pay a little respect to the TOS series
of Battlestar Galactica, with a "lighter" theme you might say. 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 04:08:03 am by Magnum357 »

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Nova class - The Atlantia & ------ Models of the 13th tribe-----
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 11:50:16 pm »
Ea science research station and EA colony/repair cap ship #1 out of 7 . Sins fans will know what i am talking about Sfc fans will just get new models for the effort  :crazy2:  :lame:
Time for life!

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2009, 11:22:08 am »
 :rockinband:
Time for life!

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 11:52:16 am »
These are fraking awesome. Guess I'll just have to work out the mechanics of the shiplist and ftrlist. Do we have published data that covers any kinda weapon rate of fire, damage, arc and number of hardpoints on these ships? I'd hate to make that up.

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 12:48:24 pm »
These are fraking awesome. Guess I'll just have to work out the mechanics of the shiplist and ftrlist. Do we have published data that covers any kinda weapon rate of fire, damage, arc and number of hardpoints on these ships? I'd hate to make that up.
No most of the mod is on the fly design and modeling  :laugh: Only the canon ships have any info of the type. The 1 destroyer they showed in TOS of the EA wasnt much of a enemy of the Galactia and i think it only fired foward missles but i might be wrong on that.  I can help out with points ect but i would like some help to make things logical. 
Time for life!

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 01:20:32 pm »
Well, as logical as it's gonna get will be the way SFCOP mechanics are done. We need to categorize these ships based off usable class type then assign them whatever values in these roles: There are ship classes, turn modes, acceleration, move cost, shields, weapons, armor, boarding parties, deck crews (how many ftrs will regenerate providing at least one ftr of a squad makes it back to the carrier), shuttles, ftrs, PF's, hull, warp, impulse, apr, battery, labs (shield regeneration), command boxes, transporters, mines, tractors, etc.

The more canon description we get on how the weapons and defensive armament works in conjunction with the shields, etc., will make less guess work and make the mod more legitimate. I'd say start off small with the basic classes of canon ships and playtest. As they say, the only true test is combat.