Topic: Fallen's Workbench (W.I.P's - Pic Heavy)  (Read 36484 times)

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
Re: Fallen's Workbench (W.I.P's - Pic Heavy)
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2010, 04:06:57 am »
over 2 grand

Ouch..

When I bought my new lappy to replace my broken alienware (that i just repaired) I was looking at the new alienware lineups..  they where far too overpriced for the spec in my opinion.

Si I went with the MSI GT 729 UK Edition

* Screen size - 17 in - 1680 x 1050
    * Processor - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9000 - 2 GHz
    * RAM - 4 GB
    * Hard Drive - 500 GB
    * Operating System - Microsoft Windows 7 Ulitmate
    * Optical Drive - DVD±RW / DVD-RAM - Blueray
    * Graphics - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4850
    * Webcam - Integrated

for £1200 It is a bargain, and I love it.. and the only thing the alienware has thats better is the screen res. But a new 1920 x 1200 screen for this will cost me only £90 so when the warranty runs out in 2 years I may stick one in.

Still..  the keyboard does not change colour  >:(

Lol

I can see you having plenty of fun with that bad boy  8)

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2010, 05:31:33 am »
I take it your waiting for your new rig before you start models again?

Im currently waiting on my new ATI FIREGL v7350 to come through the post.. dedicated CAD / DCC GPU  :smitten:

Thats my Desktop all squared away then:

26" Ilyama HDMI 2ms Pro Monitor 1920 x 1200
8 Gig Ram
Quad core 8600
ATI FIREGL v7350
500 Gb Hdd
Logitech Performance mouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard
External 1TB

& My new WACOM Cintiq 17" Widescreen

That should eat some polygons, and the cintiq is a dream.  :D

Back onto the subject though..

Are you going to build this again? did you loose the bussard texture too??

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2010, 10:09:21 am »
Good good...

But if your still replying to this you can still use the machine ur on to make summat... sh@t i used my web book on a course to make a few.. that sucked,  8)

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2010, 07:28:56 am »
Yeah..

I had this issue with my alienware, they delivered the laptop bag on time though  :laugh:

I got the lappy 4 weeks later  :o

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2010, 09:01:44 pm »
Well It arrived this morning..... and I'm still configuring and installing stuff onto it..... Why does win7 feel it has to flood the taskbar with crap.... what ever having just a few tiny icons by the clock..... That and I still have like 70 processes to find out about (need to see what I can kill or not)

Does anyone have any tips for win7..... As I already hate it.... Too much useless crap and even worse features. But I doubt I can format and roll back to XP.....
I think vista/W7 = free goverment hacking tools so, no matter what you are a criminal.  :-X
Time for life!

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2011, 06:31:47 am »
I like the shuttle idea, with the integrated necelles in the wings / lowered pylons.  ;)

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #106 on: August 24, 2011, 12:15:59 am »
I like the Galaxy but not sure about the warps , I did a Tmp version of LS galaxy and tryed that  with Tmp style i think i had 2 replys for the thread  :) So not sure how this goes but if YOU like it go for it screw others!
Time for life!

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2011, 10:18:03 pm »
well the nacelle is unfinished right now, theres a gap where the 2 bussards meet... doesnt help that its a kitbash of a finished nacelle i did last year.
Can you show or send  a wire frame pic ? I might be able to help. 
Time for life!

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2011, 11:00:12 pm »
Here is my fix others may have a better option but Verts are the Key more than 1 vert on a "single" point weld them.   What i did was weld the points that were hollow and added poly in. To get smoothing right more verts need to be welded and turn edges on some poly to make things =.  I dont think i screwed up any maping by welding the verts as they didnot change for me but i did not weld any more than i thought needed just incase.
Go lower poly on the balls  :crazy2: try an Octa geosphere segments 4  or 5 + if want lower make a hemisphere and grab the middle vert and drag it back to the warp Most gameing close ups would not see any thing it drops the poly alot and still allows mostly the same smoothing effects.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 11:17:03 pm by Kreeargh »
Time for life!

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2011, 10:03:41 pm »
Thanks a lot dude, hole is capped very nicely. Sorry I wasn't able to respond before today. Last few days have been taken up by a lot of RL trouble. luckily though things have evened out for a while.
Dude enjoy the new wife life , this moding thing is small beans to real!
Time for life!

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2011, 07:25:56 am »
Thanks a lot dude, hole is capped very nicely. Sorry I wasn't able to respond before today. Last few days have been taken up by a lot of RL trouble. luckily though things have evened out for a while.
Dude enjoy the new wife life , this moding thing is small beans to real!

Seconded man we aren't going anywhere ;)

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2011, 08:24:28 am »
I love that texture for the bussard..  ;)

It has always impressed me  :coolsmiley:

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2011, 03:07:03 pm »
Thanks FW,

If you come down to textures I will see about getting PSP running on this PC, or get my XP box up and running again
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #113 on: October 31, 2011, 05:23:28 pm »
Me mostly

Anyways type up the list and lets see what can be done, and what needs to be done
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

intermech

« Reply #114 on: November 01, 2011, 03:51:13 pm »

SFC3 is a bit more unforgiving in break models than the earlier versions because of the slow separation. The older versions, a debris field was fine because it would explode so quickly.  Can I make a recommendation for easy *.brk Model that seem to do the job in SFC3? Granted, it does not take advantage of the game engine's separating model feature, but it is a quick, easy and sensible placeholder:

Copy the existing model file, and add _brk.mod then you can use a *.gf file with a huge sprite right in the middle of the model and name it the same as the new brk model file. You can use the same *.gf for all of them. If you check out my scaled mod that is available on sfc3files.com, I have replaced the glow sprite with an explosion in the *.gf file (and removed all glows from intact models). This is a sort of poor man's break model because it does not require Max to build it.