« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2010, 09:14:12 am »
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 04:45:14 pm by Fallen_Warrior »
All that remains are ashes caused by neglect and self loathing

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
Re: Gows Ships.
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2010, 01:19:13 am »
Bad part is that one BoP that was klingon was done that way because of a change in the movie.  Not because they wanted klingons to have them.

On a positive note, it did prolong the switch to the Romulans using disruptors. how does that work? A race has the most powerful, most feared weapon in the Trek universe and they opt for disruptors?
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline KBF_Gow

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2010, 04:57:23 pm »
finally uploaded the D6Rom and KDDX.  Sorry for the wait.

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2010, 03:22:27 am »
how does that work? A race has the most powerful, most feared weapon in the Trek universe and they opt for disruptors?

i to think thats wrong the SFB makers had been not that creative as they designed those original races and the Romulans, Gorn and ISC ended up with a plasma torp weapon.
they should have given the ISC and Gorn other Heavy weapons as the Romulans have been the only race that officially uses Plasmatorps.
In the Omega sector nearly all races have their own heavy weapons and if they used some of other races than because they where more effective or they just didN#t have the resources to develop some better.

KBF_Gow that KDDX is good work  8)

"there will be no better worlds with human presence as mankind tends to ignorance, intolerance and selfishness, despite they tell you about themselves"

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2010, 03:33:20 am »
 :dance:

lOVE THE sfb STYLE WITH COLOR. oops caps. Thx for rereleasing them, Gow. I've not liked everything you've done, but most of the models you release are kick ass. Whats the address for battle clinic again?

Offline KBF_Gow

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2010, 03:17:24 pm »
:dance:

lOVE THE sfb STYLE WITH COLOR. oops caps. Thx for rereleasing them, Gow. I've not liked everything you've done, but most of the models you release are kick ass. Whats the address for battle clinic again?

Ill throw this one back on BC for ya if you want Diz.. at 634 polies and a Green haired Slave girl on the wing you might be able to find a slot for it.
Only made it to prove I could do something with that hidious stock KCL.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2010, 05:45:23 pm »
The disruptor is a really cool weapon in the hands of the right flyer. Sabre dancing is a tricky skill that I have never even come close to mastering. talk to Diehard - he's a master of the dance.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2010, 07:49:35 pm »
Weeeeeeeee!

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2010, 10:36:39 pm »
I'm not refering to SFB. I'm talking Trek. In TOS the Romulan plasma torp, as  it was presented, was the most powerful weapon of any of the races. 

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2010, 11:33:12 pm »
I'm not refering to SFB. I'm talking Trek. In TOS the Romulan plasma torp, as  it was presented, was the most powerful weapon of any of the races.

QUESTION? mauler? is that most powerfull weapon at first strike if not why use it ?
Time for life!

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2010, 03:18:45 am »
Is the Mauler in Trek? I thought it was an SFB creation. I was referring to Trek race's weapons.

As far as a Mauler goes, though. Yes, great crunch power. Then you run like hell for a long time trying to rearm it. Specialty weapon/vessel. Very narrow firing arc can make it limited. Maulers, in SFB, make great anchors. You aren't going to break a Mauler's tractor beam. They work well as decoys to drain damage potential from your opponent. You want to kill the Mauler before it can be used against you. The fear factor makes it a target (Same goes for a scout). With all those batteries though, it's hard to damage.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2010, 12:15:37 am »
Yes the mualler is a SFB creation, it came out in the 80s' with it I believe
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2010, 10:08:04 am »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 10:40:46 am by Captain Adam »
Odo :    
"Being accused of a crime is not a disgrace, Chief. Some of the great figures of history have shared the honour with you."
to O'Brien
DS9 : Tribunal

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2010, 10:01:38 pm »
If a federation starships deflector dish is positioned correctly in the y axis in a modelling program, and the maulers texture is white, it looks similar to the enterpriseD last resort weapon in best of both world...

and it makes a good phaser cannon for the galaxy in all good things...

Adam

May look simmler but the Galaxy X - X weapon is Not a mauler  ;) More like death star planet boom beam.
Time for life!