Topic: Gows Ships.  (Read 15936 times)

Offline KBF_Gow

• Lt. Junior Grade
Gows Ships.
« on: February 02, 2010, 04:19:38 pm »
In the interest of those that supported my ideas and ships, I have decided to continue to upload some of them to BC.  You won't see all of them, nor will the Anduril retexture ships be re-released (for reasons of my own)

This thread will serve as an announcement for my WIPs as they get ready to be uploaded, nothing more.  I pursue my own vision, am the final arbiter on my interpretations, and frankly don't care what many think.   Don't like it, don't download it.  Pretty simple.  Commentary will be largely ignored.  My ships are low poly niche vessels, period. 

Ok, this is a rework of the Protobop.  The old version will not be uploaded.  This one has a bit better warps and I threw out the gun muzzle idea totally in favor of Disruptor Emitters.  (inspired by Atra's versions on his d5).  Makes no sense to me that a fixed gun muzzle can fire arcs, so, that is gone.   Thanks Tulwar, you helped gel that idea for me in the SVC thread.

Offline KBF_Gow

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Gows Ships.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 09:04:12 am »
Will upload my minor rework of my early KDD.   Removed the gun type muzzles and textured a disruptor emitter. 

This ship is from no drawing that I am aware of.  It is pure conjecture, filling in a gap that SFM doesn't show, as the ships there are
cruiser hulls.  Based on ideas from SFB and SFM.  As it is based on both SFB designs and ingame reality, it has as many torp tubes as any other klingon heavy Frig/DD... none.

It has no number or class designation simply to avoid needless discussion.  It is a DD or heavy Frigate, give it whatever class designator that floats your boat.

A low poly niche ship again.  If you judge quality by polycount, ignore it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 09:52:59 am by KBF_Gow »

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Brother Federico the Feducator & Lord High Mokus
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 09:42:58 am »

A contribution is a contribution.   Nice work.  Looking forward to the upload.

Besides, I'm overstocked with Quantum Torpedoes and running low on Klink ships.    ;D

The Star Spangled Banner bring hither,
 O're Columbia's true sons let it wave.
May the wreaths they have won never wither,
 Nor it's stars cease to shine on the brave.

Offline KBF_Gow

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 11:40:02 am »
Added  Ronco Quantum Torpedo Deflector 3000 TM.

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 11:43:58 am »
LOL nice Gow

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 12:50:48 pm »
Low poly is good. Rest assured if I ever do get to an SFB-OP-05 some of these models will be in it. (so long as you're OK with that)

For me SFC is about fleet battles, and the lower the poly count on the models then the more ships can be supported in game on the average PC without local resource lag effects see?

These models are entirely consistent with SFB-OP design. Thumbs-up from Bonk!

Offline KBF_Gow

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 01:16:19 pm »
Low poly is good. Rest assured if I ever do get to an SFB-OP-05 some of these models will be in it. (so long as you're OK with that)

For me SFC is about fleet battles, and the lower the poly count on the models then the more ships can be supported in game on the average PC without local resource lag effects see?

These models are entirely consistent with SFB-OP design. Thumbs-up from Bonk!

Im ok with anything but putting red/yellow/green TMP paintjobs and feathers on em.  I want people to use em, so I am ok with ports, mods, bashes and whatever.

And yah, I still like low poly.  I stuck Jeff Wallace's Kling fighter in without noticing its 5.7k polycount, when that AI carrier dumped all 12 of em at once my comp fell over and caught fire.  Same comp I run AOC on just fine.  the old game engine just cant take it.  Thanks for the encouragement.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 01:43:27 pm by KBF_Gow »

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 04:47:42 pm »
Ships are beautiful man... drop me a link when they're done so I can do up some colour illumination maps for you for them.  :)
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 09:41:21 pm »
Added  Ronco Quantum Torpedo Deflector 3000 TM.

That is funny ass hell man :laugh:

Offline KBF_Gow

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 12:29:28 am »
Retexture of Ghosts Sparrowhawk A.  Minor mesh tweaks.

Offline KBF_Gow

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 01:48:33 am »
Redone D6 from Starfleet Museum.  Greens toned back, windows reduced in size, contrast generally weathered back, texturing added to under hull, under wings, overall hull tone better matched up. Removed red "torptube" texture. Will be uploaded as SFM D6v2.   That is, will be uploaded as soon as BC quits having convulsions.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 02:04:10 am by KBF_Gow »

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 03:12:33 am »
Sparrowhawk looks nice

Offline KBF_Gow

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 04:42:08 am »
This one is a bit of BS, but oh well.  I know canon says the roms got D-7s in the tech exchange, I prefer to think they got D-6 cruisers instead, makes no sense to me that Klingons would trade thier most advanced Line ship.  (and the rom warps look better on this ship)

As that treaty became a dim memory, these aging original klingon built cruisers would have gradually been taken out of service for lack of spares and replaced.  I would imagine some were cannibalized to keep others operational. 

This ship depicts a hybrid, fitted with standard Romulan design warps.  For my silly justification of this ship, I evision it, and two more fitted the same finishing their operational careers as the Aggressor Squadron at the Romulan Fleet Academy.  Thier cloak devices were removed and they were used by instructor crews using purely klingon tactics against cadets in training, mostly at Impulse speeds, not really hampered by the less efficient hybridization.

I know, crap story, but a chance to build something I've wanted to.  And no, it has no feathers. 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 07:53:02 am by KBF_Gow »

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010, 07:39:55 am »
I like that back story idea ! I think it's actually well thought out.

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline KBF_Gow

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 10:27:58 am »
Ok this is somewhat where I have been heading with my small hull evolution.   This ship would be the result of a spec laid down by the Klingon Fleet HQ to produce a Frigate/Heavy frigate warp capable ship that could carry out direct conventional planetary landings while retaining the superior offset warp strut design.  This would require the warp nacelles to be swung upward, allowing a short skid hull down landing without possible damage to the warps.

Of course this is all just technofanbabble to justify putting the variable mechanism on the ship, as with most Trek design. 

This would be my variable geometry strut test bed ship.  I see this as another step in the Bop evolution, earlier of course. This ship shows more of the secondary hull evolving to the d7 wing shape, with the warp nacelle struts becoming more vertical and smaller overall.

Rough stage, textures need work among other things.  As much as I kind of hate the whole BoP concept, I hate even worse the fact that it just seemed to pop out of the ether with no prototypes or evolution.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 10:49:01 am by KBF_Gow »

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 11:51:47 am »
I've always liked the KBOP as being a stolen Romulan design. I Like your variable geometry idea too. This is something that I could see the Romulans doing something like this with their D-6s.

Excellent work. Thank you for sharing these with us.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Roychipoqua_Mace

• Lt.
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 11:58:05 am »
Your most recent frigate/heavy frigate will make a great replacement for the F5 . . . I think the Taldren stock model was okay as far as they go, but not good enough, and the SFB one was too clunky.

Offline KBF_Gow

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 12:05:21 pm »
I've always liked the KBOP as being a stolen Romulan design. I Like your variable geometry idea too. This is something that I could see the Romulans doing something like this with their D-6s.

Excellent work. Thank you for sharing these with us.

KF

Thats very understandable.  The movie BoP seem Romulan, and makes sense as Romulan.  And ticks me off mightily.  One ship gave rise to a whole line of scaled up goodness, rom designed and influenced, right to the names.  Raptor, Bird Of Prey.  Feathers.  Dilution of Species distinctiveness.  Heh, not knocking you one bit, just my hate of the whole Brel-Kvort-OMG BOP DREADNAUGHT sillyness.

Thanks for the encouragement.  You've seen a lot of Klink hulls come and go :)

For my own little universe, the Klings got cloak Tech and used it in Klingon designs.  My roms have no bird shapes, no variable geometry wings, only New Warp designs and the old bathtubs with engines, the classic Bird of Prey.  So, no bird shaped roms, no bird shaped rom designs to trade off.

Yeah, Im a curmudgeon.  I'm old enough.  I design this crap cause its too cold to sit on the porch and yell at the nieghbor kids.

And yah, Mace, that is exactly where I put the ship in my lineup.  I never have liked the KA DD, and as you said, I'm a bit put off by the pure SFB triangles with a teeny D7 boom stuck on the front.

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 12:47:59 pm »
Bad part is that one BoP that was klingon was done that way because of a change in the movie.  Not because they wanted klingons to have them.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 04:49:19 pm »
I think from a stand point of the job she does the design works. I can also see Klings using the predators of their worlds as insperation; like a warrior fetish.

My problem is that the ship was green and for some reason all Klingon ships after that need to be green to. No Klingon ship up to that point had been green and neither was any Romulan ship. WTF right.

Also I wouldn't have called it a Bird of Prey though after the change to a Klingon design the name should have been changed. In truth I can't see any Romulan influences in the design beyond the feathers because the ship to me looks nothing like a Romulan BoP. The ship follows the basic Klongon design thought process of boom, body, and wings.

I do like you design idea as planitary basing makes seens for anumber of reasons for Klingons. good work on the storyline too.