Topic: I have ST Legacy original models  (Read 41636 times)

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
I have ST Legacy original models
« on: March 10, 2010, 10:31:54 am »
ok as the titel says i got some original St Legacy ingame models and these are for now only the Romulan Battlehawk and Heavy Defender, i got them ripped out of the game eith an 3d model ripping program.
is there a problem if i release them as i didn't directly get them converted or is there no problem with this method ?? if there is not a problem with it, i can get all the models out of the game easily.  :)

"there will be no better worlds with human presence as mankind tends to ignorance, intolerance and selfishness, despite they tell you about themselves"

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
Re: I have ST Legacy original models
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 11:22:15 am »
Cool news!

It's about time somebody has announced they can do this for ST: Legacy ships. I love the built in deflector on lower part of the saucer on some of the Federation ships in that game.

Why would this be a big problem? You are not selling the models. Darkdrone used to convert models from other Trek games to mod format all the time. ST: Armada I/II, Klingon Academy, Birth of The Federation all had models converted to SFC in the past.

How about the rest of your cool models?
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 12:00:20 pm »
Cool news!

It's about time somebody has announced they can do this for ST: Legacy ships. I love the built in deflector on lower part of the saucer on some of the Federation ships in that game.

Why would this be a big problem? You are not selling the models. Darkdrone used to convert models from other Trek games to mod format all the time. ST: Armada I/II, Klingon Academy, Birth of The Federation all had models converted to SFC in the past.

OK than i think the best way to release those Legacy models is unconverted with their textures in original DDS and BMP format and someone can convert them to his liking or with advice of the HP placement from the community.  :)
if they get the support for the DX 5 -7 into the ripping program i use, than we can finally even get the Dominion Wars models ripped and converted.  :)

yeah my models refuse to get finished  :laugh:
the Klingon TMP C-7 is the only one i can convert to SFC right now, or do you meen some of my Armada models to !??

"there will be no better worlds with human presence as mankind tends to ignorance, intolerance and selfishness, despite they tell you about themselves"

intermech

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 01:20:43 pm »
This is very exciting news! I am interested in getting a hold of some of the Pre-TOS Fed models . . . if not all!

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 04:26:22 pm »
Cool news!

OK than i think the best way to release those Legacy models is unconverted with their textures in original DDS and BMP format and someone can convert them to his liking or with advice of the HP placement from the community.  :)
if they get the support for the DX 5 -7 into the ripping program i use, than we can finally even get the Dominion Wars models ripped and converted.  :)

yeah my models refuse to get finished  :laugh:
the Klingon TMP C-7 is the only one i can convert to SFC right now, or do you meen some of my Armada models to !??

Terradyhne,

I love all your TMP era stuff including ALL your ST: Armada work and I know I will gladly take anything you give us for SFC.

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

intermech

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 04:44:49 pm »
"I've waited for this day my entire life . . ." --Nero

Please make available in 3DS or OBJ or some other universal file format. (not Max  ;) )

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 04:14:04 am »
"I've waited for this day my entire life . . ." --Nero

Please make available in 3DS or OBJ or some other universal file format. (not Max  ;) )

yeah i prefer 3ds myself but it is a format that is ignoring vertex welding and i could release those models in max format but than the converter has to rearange and delete the non used parts by himself.
as max format it would be in max8 as my max5 doesn't work correct and max5 plugin is the oldest version of max plugin the 3dripper supports.

the pre TOS Yorktown is done but it needs some texture tweaks and good lightmaps as those from legacy are only 128x128 and have no glow for the windows.i tryed to fuse the bump maps with the normal texture and it looks better than the plain normal one but it just don't look like the ingame model, the color and the metallic look of the NX era is hard to achieve for me.the registry is applied with a extra mesh part that uses alphachanel and must be applied to the texture somehow to get it work in SFC 1-OP.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 07:41:25 am »
Terra,

Do a search for something called the Bobo File Format, or BFF. What it does is export an entire scene into a Maxscript file. You can then go back in to an earlier version of max and run the created script and it will reproduce the scene. There is only one minor glitch: in the multi/sub material it adds one to each of the material IDs (its an easy fix, just go into the material editor and fix the ID assignments).
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Adonis

• Dark Slayer
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Da Death Squad ™®©
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 11:39:28 am »
Terra,

Do a search for something called the Bobo File Format, or BFF. What it does is export an entire scene into a Maxscript file. You can then go back in to an earlier version of max and run the created script and it will reproduce the scene. There is only one minor glitch: in the multi/sub material it adds one to each of the material IDs (its an easy fix, just go into the material editor and fix the ID assignments).

One small addendum to that: BFF doesn't work in Max9 (dunno about max8 ), also, there is a fix for that glitch you mentioned (I use it in Max3.1 mind you, max4 and on should have that fixed), I'm including that file incase someone needs it.
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 01:51:37 pm »
There is a version that someone made that works in Max9.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 04:36:33 am »
ok thanx for your advices on the file format. I have decided to release them in 3DS, MS3D and maybe LWO format and useing MIlkshape and Deepexploration to do this, i will include the original maps and the ones i converted to BMP or TGA. I don't know where i will release them as my site simply has not enough space to provide them for download.

ships i got converted to 3ds right now are:
Klingon K30 Battleship
Klingon Ravenous Battleship
Klingon D14  ??Cruiser??
NX era Fed Yorktown Battleship
NX era Fed Poseidon
Fed pre TOS Daedalus
Romulan Heavy Defender Battleship/Cruiser
Romulan BattleHawk Battleship
Borg TMP Pyramid
Klingon biggest/ third shipyard

Offline pepperman

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 07:05:27 am »
Wow! This is great news.  As I don't have Legacy I am looking forward to seeing these models. 

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 09:00:13 am »
Four more done  :D:
the Fed Discovery
the Fed Minuteman, this needed some work polywise as it had polys that aren't needed and caused some shading problems
the Klingon Mining Station from that mission with the BOP
the TMP Fed Proxima Battleship

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 09:27:04 am »
Good work man. You got around to yanking any of the stations yet?

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 10:25:08 am »

To heck with the ST: Legacy stations. I want Terradyhne's Pirate Tortuga base and his two armed Klingon base... for starters, LOL.

Thanks for the progress report Terradyhne.

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2010, 05:22:41 pm »

which stations do you want?? the Klingon third shipyard and Mining station i have yet.

To heck with the ST: Legacy stations. I want Terradyhne's Pirate Tortuga base and his two armed Klingon base... for starters, LOL.

Thanks for the progress report Terradyhne.

Qapla'

KF

so i think you don't really want anny of the Legacy models  ;) ;D
ok, do you even want my Klingon Starbase??

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 12:03:08 pm »
I'd like to use the romulan and klingon stations as the base for stations for my SFM mod but can't really get a good look at them in game as the controles suck. I'd also like the Deadalus model to see if I can redress mine to look more like it. 3ds and DDS is fine

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 03:14:09 am »
I'd like to use the romulan and klingon stations as the base for stations for my SFM mod but can't really get a good look at them in game as the controles suck. I'd also like the Deadalus model to see if I can redress mine to look more like it. 3ds and DDS is fine
OK, i think they don't realy fit the setting for a SFM Mod but i'll see what i can do for you to get them out.

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 04:20:12 am »
Thanks man.

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 04:35:08 pm »
Ok got the pre TOS/TOS Starbases of the Klingons and Romulans out and the Klingon TOS D-7, they need the final touchup and than they are ready to be released.
Still don't know a place where i will upload them, maybe Battleclinic or the SFC3 and A2-files sites  ::)