Topic: Projects across the internets!  (Read 10449 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Projects across the internets!
« on: March 28, 2010, 04:12:34 pm »
See something across the breadth of the internet that you think people would be interested in? Are you a member of Dyna as well as another project that you would like to see come to fruition? Let us know. Some of us might be able and would want to give you a hand on it :).
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Roychipoqua_Mace

• Lt.
Re: Projects across the internets!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 10:20:28 pm »
In the 1980s, there was a command-based Trek game called Begin. It went through a couple updates, but recently, Tom Nelson (the original programmer) released as a Windows port with an updated, smoothed GUI.

The game is a lot of fun. It reminds me a lot of the combat of TOS (and it really puts you in the shoes of the show when you manually give commands such as "course 180 degrees, warp 8.0" or "fire all phasers, 10-degree beam"). The Federation, Klingons, Romulans, and Orions are flyable, and there are multiple classes of ships for each race.

http://www.starfleetproject.com/

Hope people enjoy this!

Edit: Sorry if this thread is intended for things related to modeling only, just let me know!

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 11:45:35 pm »
Nah, its all good. Kind of reminds me of a friend describing a certain sub-sim to me.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 07:04:26 am »
Ok, what I really could use is someone to assist me in model making. I have quite a few meshes completed that could use textures, and would like to work directly with someone to complete them.

I have someone that can convert models from 3ds to mod, but would prefer someone that could make a mod from a max 5.1 file.

I am afraid I cannot offer compensation like I have in the past since this is a purely private endeavor.

Just send a pm if anyone is interested. Would love to hear from some old friends.
Never let your ego think or act for you..........me.

Offline Anthony Scott

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Off chasing a lunatic 8 year old :D:P
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 12:56:08 am »
I was searching for the computer version of Squad Leader on Sourceforge and came across Global Conflict Blue, a cross between Harpoon and Fleet Command. I have only played the first tutorial scenario and i am hooked so to speak.

Some screenies:

Check it out http://www.gcblue.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

"No enemy can ever completely defeat you. A physical enemy can take your land, your gold, your property. But in order to be defeated uttelry only you can allow that. The human heart can only be crushed from within, not without."- The Dalai Lama

My art blog:
http://anthdigiart.blogspot.com/
My Deviant Art page:
http://anthsco.deviantart.com/
Resident forum history junkie.

"An intelligent man must sometimes get drunk to spend time with fools."
                      -Ernest Hemingway

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 01:14:08 am »
Not sure if this fits here, If not , FoaS can feel free to throw it out, But Portal is Free on Steam now through the 24th.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War