Topic: Gallente Destroyer for CCP's Contest WIP  (Read 14034 times)

intermech

Re: Gallente Destroyer for CCP's Contest WIP
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2010, 03:46:54 pm »
I hope you win.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2010, 04:02:40 pm »
Lol, me too; I could use the prize money.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Aramus

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2010, 09:27:32 am »
That looks so clean and well made. I love it :smitten:

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2010, 12:27:18 pm »

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2010, 12:56:39 pm »
Nice work FoaS. :thumbsup:

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2010, 01:57:47 am »
Thanks, bonk :)

I had to reformat today - All the files are fine, but it is going to be a few days before I get max reinstalled and where I like to have it.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2010, 02:36:50 pm »
Thats some super work mate. Nicely done.

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2010, 11:30:00 pm »
So I finished her and started on my second entry:

Here ship is side-by-side with the Brutix for comparison

My second entry: an Amarr BC

From what i see just apply for a job dude dont glory it get the $. If you have the skills dont waist your time on free crap or guest work get that job. If your looking for it that is. Anyhow -  Beautifull
work :thumbsup:
Time for life!

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2010, 11:36:47 pm »
The only office CCP has in america is in Georgia - a bit of a commute for me :-/
Robinomicon

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2010, 12:07:31 am »
FoaS,
You should apply anyways, it doesn't hurt. If they deside to interveiw you it will be they will fly you down or some one up once you pass the intial stages. Moving you to their location will be part of the arrangement oif yopu are hired. So i would say at least check it out before you decide to pass it by.

You can always say no, but include why.
Be it from money, family reason whatever, there are plenty of companies that will allow you to work from home and just have to travel to the office once a month or so. If all else fails they might use you free lance and cover you for some expense at new software.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2010, 05:13:38 pm »
So, the contest is over (mostly) and the semi-finalists have been chosen. I did not make the cut, which is fine. However, the stuff that did make the cut is absolute crap.
Robinomicon

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2010, 05:38:41 pm »
that sucks

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2010, 05:56:32 pm »
Meh, it happens.

It's just funny that both the dA community AND the eve community is flaming out the dA staff because of their poor choices in the semi-finalists.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2010, 10:27:57 pm »
It seems as if the Eve community is in an uproar over the semi-finalists.... I've been tracking the entire event all night. Quite impressive.
Robinomicon

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2010, 10:30:30 pm »
Were there pics that bad?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2010, 10:52:51 pm »
Some of them were pretty decent, but none of the original 15 fit into the design motif of Eve online. When the community had an uproar on one of the entries, which didn't meet technical specifications (and frankly was the worst), the judges took it down and put up a new 15th entry. The problem with this is that the 15th entry is an obvious appeasement. It was much better than any of the 15 previously posted and was cited multiple times by the people who were objecting as "the best one in the entire contest".

I am thinking that the the deviantArt people really had no idea what they were judging, from an in-universe view, and just picked what they thought were pretty, with total ignorance to what the game looked or felt like. Now that they've dug their grave, however, they have to lie in it - and the Eve people (and quite a few on deviantArt) are up in arms about it.
Robinomicon

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2010, 12:20:01 pm »
Continuity, it will get you every time :knuppel2:

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2010, 01:20:31 am »
A quick render I did. I still feel like my renders lack a certain realism.

You should really view the full-sized on for full effect.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2010, 02:39:03 am »
Okay, the drive that is holding all my models, textures, utilities, collections has just started to fail. I'm running a batch-driven backup as we speak. If you know any good prayers for the computer gods, now is the time.
Robinomicon

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2010, 06:52:29 am »
Angels and ministers of RAM defend FoaS on his journey to save two of every model before the great flood of hardware failure descends upon him.

-Wickedous, 10:23
DRS Forums
Klingon Texture Tutorial - Aztec Summary

Reports, incredible as they may seem, are not the results of mass hysteria...