Topic: the current location of my stuff  (Read 14847 times)

Offline Mackie

• Puu jok' unhoittaa juurensa, kaatuu.
  • Lt. Commander
  • The tree that forgets its roots, will fall.
    • stupidfusion
the current location of my stuff
« on: October 24, 2010, 03:23:00 pm »
if anyone still cares, theyre now up here ;)
www.stupidfusion.com
one or maybe two ships maybe missing from here and there, will upload later on as soon as i find where the hell ive stashed them :>
http://www.stupidfusion.com

intermech

Re: the current location of my stuff
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 08:21:36 am »
Always a fan of your work. . . even before I had the guts to make a username and try to converse with you modelling gods.

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 11:50:14 am »
nice thanks for this

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 06:04:52 pm »
if anyone still cares, theyre now up here ;)
www.stupidfusion.com
one or maybe two ships maybe missing from here and there, will upload later on as soon as i find where the hell ive stashed them :>

Yeah, we still care.  :)

Glad to see it back... will check and see if I can plug a hole or two if any exist..
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 12:44:52 am »
Indeed! Thanks mackie :)
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 11:36:17 am »
thanks guys :)
one of the ships thats currently missing is this;
http://gallery.stupidfusion.com/random_pictures/karelia.jpg
and another picture where i added frontal torp launchers:
http://gallery.stupidfusion.com/random_pictures/karfront1.jpg

im slightly worried that it ended up on a laptop that i pawned away to uh... get money for my creative juices  :P
even if so, atleast i had the smarts to take detailed renderings of it and upload them before i (think) did that so should be easy enough to recreate it.

speaking of which, foas, werent you working on a batch of pretty good lookin fed ships a while back?
Ive been wanting to start bashing things again so just wondering :)

sooner or later bashers will become a thing of the past since new games have so seamless looking nice ships and models in general that theyre becoming impossible to bash, cant match the quality of the ships where the parts originally came from, which sorta saddens me :/
but hey, ive had a good run; I realised the other day that my first bash was made in 1999 and the last one 2010 :)

Offline Scorpion14

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 09:41:34 pm »
Still care?

Dude, Ive never seen your stuff before, and after visiting your site. Im actually liking it alot.

Thanks for this.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 11:47:46 am »
Still care?

Dude, Ive never seen your stuff before, and after visiting your site. Im actually liking it alot.

Thanks for this.

Yeah, Mackie had a good run from 2001 to 2004 where he released alot of ships. I beleive his site had over 100 models at that point, somewhere around 2006 the site closed and most of the files could be found at outlance. I don't know if they still have the copies of the fiels there or not
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 11:57:17 am »
sooner or later bashers will become a thing of the past since new games have so seamless looking nice ships and models in general that theyre becoming impossible to bash, cant match the quality of the ships where the parts originally came from, which sorta saddens me :/
but hey, ive had a good run; I realised the other day that my first bash was made in 1999 and the last one 2010 :)

I don't think the bashers will actually leave but, the newer ships are not as easy to bash. most use 1 or 2 large sheets for textures that are not easy to do, with bump maps, spec maps, etc. The amount of work going into ships is going way up in most games, plus they are not as easy to get models in some of the newer games. So bashers will still be there, but most will not be releasing their work for the reason you stated, the over all look. It means more or less that teams of people will now be working on models rather than individuals we had in the past. It also means more models will never be completed, as time issues and people coming and going from communities, etc, will bring projects to a stand still.

Everyone wants better eye candy, the cost is the amount of ships coming from the community
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 12:15:25 pm »

I don't think the bashers will actually leave but, the newer ships are not as easy to bash. most use 1 or 2 large sheets for textures that are not easy to do, with bump maps, spec maps, etc. The amount of work going into ships is going way up in most games, plus they are not as easy to get models in some of the newer games. So bashers will still be there, but most will not be releasing their work for the reason you stated, the over all look. It means more or less that teams of people will now be working on models rather than individuals we had in the past. It also means more models will never be completed, as time issues and people coming and going from communities, etc, will bring projects to a stand still.

Everyone wants better eye candy, the cost is the amount of ships coming from the community
I actually still have your older stuff along with atolms and smileys but i wasnt entirely certain what to do about them so i didnt upload them yet; infact i still have pretty much everything from the earlier years when my site was still up and running and then some :)
I could put everything we had back up again i suppose?
-just not going to bother using pafiledb as the database anymore, the more or less constant backing up and uploading with that program as the database is goddamn tedious :/

As for bashing, i am going to try and stick around and develope new methods to bashing to keep up with the quality; infact this is why ive began to try my hand at modeling ships of my own. They are all testbeds of different bashing methods :D

and yeah, outalance died as far as i know....

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 12:18:59 pm »
Always a fan of your work. . . even before I had the guts to make a username and try to converse with you modelling gods.
likewise dude, the aeronefs for one were awesome :>

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 01:19:51 pm »
While all the model might not be to my personal taste there is an obvious thought process and a great deal of skill shown in there creation. Besides I like to think of my self as part mod archaeologist.  ;)

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 02:32:33 pm »
While all the model might not be to my personal taste there is an obvious thought process and a great deal of skill shown in there creation. Besides I like to think of my self as part mod archaeologist.  ;)
Against my usual nature i try and cater to tastes of all so the bash varieties may be very wide.
There should be weird bashes, slight bashes and bashes that seem like nothing else around, if thats what youve found ive done my job right :p
And then theres the fact that theres not a single bash ive done while sober; that may be somewhat apparent in some of them.
the perfect example of what i just mentioned above would be the ajattara space monster worm whatever the damn thing is (which actually is an original model and not a bash), the texture is actually my own skin, nails and eyes, slightly modified.

someone once told me that i should learn how to skin things, and thats exactly what i did with that model.
after that they told me that i should "map" things rather than skin things, go figure :p

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 05:05:14 pm »
im slightly worried that it ended up on a laptop that i pawned away to uh... get money for my creative juices  :P
even if so, atleast i had the smarts to take detailed renderings of it and upload them before i (think) did that so should be easy enough to recreate it.
speaking of which, foas, werent you working on a batch of pretty good lookin fed ships a while back?

I have the Karelia.. just saw it yesterday when I was going through a USB key.  ;)

I'll make sure that you have it before the weekend is through.. :)

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 05:14:59 pm »

I have the Karelia.. just saw it yesterday when I was going through a USB key.  ;)

I'll make sure that you have it before the weekend is through.. :)

well now, thats a damn good thing!  ;D
 also, go read your personal messages here on dyna, i got another request as well :|

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2010, 06:08:12 pm »
well now, thats a damn good thing!  ;D
 also, go read your personal messages here on dyna, i got another request as well :|

Yes, and yes.. (conditionally, and that's if I can get it out of what it currently is in now, then yes).  :D

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2010, 08:24:25 pm »
Hello Mackie,
I always liked that you thought outside of the box on allot of your bashed ships. My only greivence was that allot of bashes to many had no coherant look to the textures. Hence I use to retexture allot of ships with crayons.
at least until I got PSP and got use to using it, to bad corel bought them and ruined a product that competed with PS and their Draw program at a low price (1/10).

as for what to do with the ships? whatever you want to. Allot of people uploaded them to Battleclinic, but I orginally put them on your site to help you. So they are yours to deal with as you wish, release them or not. I have the orginal zips still so I am not worried about them being lost.

skin/map it is all in a word. you can skin a woman, but can you map her; just remember never give her the map or you will never hear the end of it.

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 07:27:30 am »
Hello Mackie,
I always liked that you thought outside of the box on allot of your bashed ships. My only greivence was that allot of bashes to many had no coherant look to the textures. Hence I use to retexture allot of ships with crayons.
at least until I got PSP and got use to using it, to bad corel bought them and ruined a product that competed with PS and their Draw program at a low price (1/10).

as for what to do with the ships? whatever you want to. Allot of people uploaded them to Battleclinic, but I orginally put them on your site to help you. So they are yours to deal with as you wish, release them or not. I have the orginal zips still so I am not worried about them being lost.

skin/map it is all in a word. you can skin a woman, but can you map her; just remember never give her the map or you will never hear the end of it.
Yeah; I know exactly what you mean about PSP, i still use psp9 quite a lot.
Corel completely cocked the program series up and I never liked PS that much anyway so I practically got left with no good graphical tool :(

Ill think of something about what to do with your ships since you still have them too; I was asking because I wasnt really sure if still had them and if anyone cared ;)

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2010, 03:50:32 pm »
heads up for atheorhaven; I just got my hands on the most recent version of 3dsmax but i dont know how much that will help in the forseaable future; i just lost my apartment again so I cant stick around for too long on my own computer on which i do most of my bashing and/or 3d related things on.
I also found the laptop i thought i pawned away; turned out its at my parents place so that one ship wasnt lost at all, there should be couple more on it too  :)

and also, cant figure out for the life of me how to use max anyway for even exporting purposes so.... uh.... yeah. if you can convert the foas stufff please do, im at a total loss. :p

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2010, 07:47:27 pm »
yeah. if you can convert the foas stufff please do, im at a total loss. :p

Will attempt to do so, my weekend was a writeoff for trying to do anything on the computer.. the "Honey-Do" list intervened, although it did result in more time in bed.  So good in some ways, less good in others.