Topic: It's been done but . . .  (Read 40191 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: It's been done but . . .
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2011, 01:58:07 am »
coming along very nicely :)
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2011, 09:52:25 pm »
Any chance for a version with K' tinga warps? The Klingon Fleet needs upgrades too, LOL.
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline KBF_Gow

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2011, 04:04:16 pm »
Here's a quick mock-up to give an impression of what they'll look like in-game. It might take a while, but I hope to develop a fleet of like-textured ships and I'll be happy to share, so long as all of the original author's are in agreement.

I am well known for not wanting my ships textured in garish TMP clownpanels.

But.. you can use anything of mine.  Your textures are muted, nicely done, do not have an abundance of garish greens and yellows.  Take anything of mine that you can use.  Nice work.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2011, 04:28:32 pm »
a Klingon Science Vessel...

*Snerk*

I like the idea that it could be an auxillary carrier / Galactic survey type cruiser too.

I agree..

The Northern Star: I may have asked you this before, but would you mind if I, too, retextured this ship for my own fleet? I don't want to inadvertently step on toes by redoing a ship that you are also redoing, you know?
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline The Northern Star

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2011, 06:23:40 pm »

I am well known for not wanting my ships textured in garish TMP clownpanels.

But.. you can use anything of mine.  Your textures are muted, nicely done, do not have an abundance of garish greens and yellows.  Take anything of mine that you can use.  Nice work.

Thanks very much, I may take you up on that!  ;)

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2011, 06:24:58 pm »
Any chance for a version with K' tinga warps? The Klingon Fleet needs upgrades too, LOL.

I wasn't intending on that for myself but I don't see why I couldn't whip up a MKII version when I'm done.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2011, 06:27:48 pm »

The Northern Star: I may have asked you this before, but would you mind if I, too, retextured this ship for my own fleet? I don't want to inadvertently step on toes by redoing a ship that you are also redoing, you know?

Go for it! I'm not possessive of "my work" as it depends heavily on the work of others. Besides, why are we all here if not to share and have a little fun.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2011, 08:54:37 pm »

I wasn't intending on that for myself but I don't see why I couldn't whip up a MKII version when I'm done.

Lets not turn this into a contest to see who can drag out the delivery of a ship for their respective Imperial Navy. I don't want to lose to the flatheads with their really PRETTY ships that take so long to build that you can't scratch the paint on them...
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2011, 09:02:39 pm »
Lets not turn this into a contest to see who can drag out the delivery of a ship for their respective Imperial Navy. I don't want to lose to the flatheads with their really PRETTY ships that take so long to build that you can't scratch the paint on them...

Oooooo... fightin' words.  >=)
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2011, 09:31:55 pm »

Oooooo... fightin' words.  >=)

I think it's the either the clear or glittery FINGERNAIL POLISH the flatheads use in their paint that takes them so long to produce their pretty ships ;) Snicker...
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2011, 11:26:30 am »
Most of the upper details are done. The underside will be a bit of a challenge as some of the textures appear in more than one location.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2011, 01:23:26 pm »
I've corrected the shading on the wing, got rid of the red marks on the back of the command deck, finished the shading on the command deck and the base of the neck, and I re-sized the cargo hatches to be more to scale.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2011, 05:50:15 pm »
 >:( FOUR standard days and no progress report!

I hope you aren't taking lessons in ship construction from the flatheads using their PRETTY anti-scratch painting techniques....
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2011, 12:38:32 am »
 :'( Sadly I've been too busy at work to get very much accomplished but all is not lost. I've been given a week's reprive and after I return from Ottawa with the family I intend to get this guy launched and hopefully the Ktinga as well. I've also started a 3rd and have been given consent for Terra's ships so I'm likely going to start the first tug this week.  :)

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2011, 06:02:35 am »
:'( Sadly I've been too busy at work to get very much accomplished but all is not lost. I've been given a week's reprive and after I return from Ottawa with the family I intend to get this guy launched and hopefully the Ktinga as well. I've also started a 3rd and have been given consent for Terra's ships so I'm likely going to start the first tug this week.  :)

Thanks for the update. Don't let my role play misrepresent my enthusiasm for your work on these ships. Time with family is more important.
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2011, 01:57:52 pm »
It would appear that the underside details are going to be severely limited, as I suspected. Many of the areas on these textures are repeated elsewhere. Such as the shadow and hull plating at the forward surface of the wing also being on the rear edge and the front edge.  :-[

I also have a couple of lightmps that I'd love to experiment with ( I suspect the one is too stark and the other too subtle ).

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2011, 03:06:50 pm »
I've also returned to an old friend.  :)

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2011, 01:23:31 am »
Aft details almost complete.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2011, 02:45:01 am »
damn, you move quick!
Robinomicon

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2011, 02:33:49 pm »
I'm sorry if it seems to be taking forever, I have been chipping-away at it though! I've done the inner pylons, and finished the aft greeblies. I have a few more details to add to the command pod then the underside should fly along!