Topic: It's been done but . . .  (Read 40517 times)

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
Re: It's been done but . . .
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2011, 06:30:11 pm »
Nice work. I like those impulse engines very much. I hope the whole fleet gets the same uniform treatment.

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline The Northern Star

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2011, 10:07:35 pm »
Nice work. I like those impulse engines very much. I hope the whole fleet gets the same uniform treatment.

Qapla'

KF

Thanks! I may still play with the "orange" part a little to try and get a little more depth out of it but I do intend to use this or some derivative thereof for the bulk of the fleet.

I've got some more details added to the command pod now, and I've reduced the impact of the plating on the inside pylons. I had made the light a little more bright and blue than elsewhere, to reflect the glow from the nacelles but it was a little too much.

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2011, 05:49:33 am »
Looking forward to its release  well done :)

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2011, 11:20:00 am »
very nice :D

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2011, 01:40:58 am »
All of the upper-body details are complete so from the angle seen below they look as they should in game. In keeping with KF's odservation regarding scale; I simply plucked two screens of the ships in Mod Viewer one after the other, only loading the models in between without adjusting the zoom so they should be to scale. His observation caught me trying to be artsy again, I had adjusted the size of the D9 and used a blur filter to try and simulate it's being a little farther away but I agree, its better to see them in scale. I  might not have caught the cargo bay doors otherwise. I still don't have lighting on the upper secondary hull on the D9 and there's some very minimal detailing to do on the underside but it's just about ready for release as well.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2011, 04:17:22 pm »
Nicely done! Can't wait to take her for a raid into the Alpha quadrant...
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2011, 12:55:00 am »
Command pod complete!  :) Just the underside of the secondary hull to go. Sorry for the crazy angles but I wanted to get as much of it in the picture as possible. As you can see, I've also cleaned up the forward part of the command pod so it now looks much more consistant with the Z'gal.

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2011, 10:40:22 am »
looking good :)

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2011, 11:48:56 am »
Looking VERY good! :o

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2011, 01:27:08 am »
Finally getting on with it! I should also have a couple of pics of the next ship this weekend.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2011, 09:33:58 am »
Keep up the good work.
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2011, 10:46:31 am »
I hadn't realized until looking at studio model photos for this that there is so much light grey on the underside of the hull. I've also found the more accurate schematic now but I'm not inclined to start fresh at this point.  ;)  Things are moving along though, I might have this guy uploaded by tonight!

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2011, 10:06:49 am »
Sorry or the delay gentlemen, "real life" popped by for a couple of days. All good, and pressing on. As i said, I wasn't aware that there was so much light grey on the underside of the secondary hull. It's growing on me though.  :huh:

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2011, 02:54:28 pm »
Nice, can't wait to see here done

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2011, 03:07:31 pm »
words... how do?

Fantastic - I've said it before, I'll say it again: you're way better at this than I am :)
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2011, 01:46:13 am »
sorry for saying this but its clear why you have that much lightgrey on the bottom, if you use ref pics of the Kronos One variant like you shown it
the Kronos one isn't a ordinary K'Tinga its a diplomatic cruiser variant  :)

"there will be no better worlds with human presence as mankind tends to ignorance, intolerance and selfishness, despite they tell you about themselves"

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2011, 02:00:41 am »
the Kronos one isn't a ordinary K'Tinga

But god I wish she were - Grey, green, grey, green - Star trek visuals can be so boring sometimes >.< - why do you think I'm such a fan of what's going on in this thread :)
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2011, 09:11:31 am »
words... how do?

Fantastic - I've said it before, I'll say it again: you're way better at this than I am :)

You are too kind sir.

sorry for saying this but its clear why you have that much lightgrey on the bottom, if you use ref pics of the Kronos One variant like you shown it
the Kronos one isn't a ordinary K'Tinga its a diplomatic cruiser variant  :)

As I said at the beginning, I see the colour variation as a reflection of the family that a particular ship belongs to. The red and grey markings being an indication; therefore, of "Gorkon" ownership. Other markings, (gold bits etc) being an indication of the family head's (in this case the Chancellor's) flagship. Similar to what was seen in the old FASA manuals and was I think loosely indicated by the artwork in the series'. This is, of course, simply a convenient way to explain differences in artwork that occur over time . . . but it lends backstory and credence to the genre. This would make the KIN a more loose association than some that is held together by honour and desire to achieve like goals. The Empire can more easily fall into civil war when and if families fall out of grace with or disagree with the ruling council, as seen in TNG. Don't get me wrong, however, I'm not upset over your interpretation, nor would I want to disparage you of your right to such. It's just simply not the same way that I see it.  ;)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2011, 09:45:14 am »
I actually really like how that bit of lore sounds - wrought with fantastic conflict points for good stories, and is very reminiscent of feudal japan.
Robinomicon

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #99 on: June 09, 2011, 10:31:47 pm »
the Kronos one isn't a ordinary K'Tinga

But god I wish she were - Grey, green, grey, green - Star trek visuals can be so boring sometimes >.< - why do you think I'm such a fan of what's going on in this thread :)

Look at the studio model be color blind its the same ship as the others is it not ?? I dont see any changes other than colors. But i am probaly wrong here .  ::)
Time for life!