Topic: It's been done but . . .  (Read 40518 times)

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
Re: It's been done but . . .
« Reply #140 on: June 27, 2011, 04:11:17 am »
He coming along nicely 8)

Offline The Northern Star

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #141 on: June 29, 2011, 12:37:35 am »
The underside of the wing compared to the Ktinga. I also want to add something to break up the long black patch at the back.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #142 on: June 29, 2011, 08:39:59 am »
The nacelles and pylons are complete with shading and lightmaps.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #143 on: June 29, 2011, 10:05:26 am »
Are these windows the right size? I'm trying to go from memory of her scale compared to a Ktinga.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #144 on: June 29, 2011, 02:32:04 pm »
Are these windows the right size? I'm trying to go from memory of her scale compared to a Ktinga.

Scaled window-wise.. it's around 1/3rd the size of the K'Tinga?  Looks like a smaller ship this way for sure.. :)
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #145 on: July 04, 2011, 12:46:36 am »
A little progress on the command pod.

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #146 on: July 04, 2011, 12:53:09 am »
lookin good ;)

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #147 on: July 05, 2011, 03:21:47 pm »
I think that's it for the Command Pod, I darkened the section between the sensor spires? to lighten the neck in game. I think it should make it look a little meaner, maybe like the "head" of the ship is turned-down slightly.

Here's a few pics of the state of things presently. I am doing this guy in a way that perpetuates the original story about the creation of the Klingon Bird of Prey. From what I can recall (been a while since I read the book), Leonard Nimoy planned for the bad guys in ST III:TSFS to be Romulan and he spoke with the effects department about how he felt it was important for their ship to be "scary-looking" and have the appearance of a "swooping hawk or eagle". A cardboard mock-up of essentially the BOP was delivered to him and the studio said that because some costuming, make-up, sets, props, etc. already existed for the Klingons; they wanted the enemy in the movie to be Klingon. Nimoy then decide to use the fantastic design that had already been delivered and that it could be explained as the ships that the Klingons received from the Romulans in exchange for the D7s that were seen in TOS. FASA took the idea farther by suggesting the Klingon officers and crew were reluctant to serve aboard these "Romulan" ships until after successful and intrepid missions such as the Genesis Incident illustrated the value of an invisible hit and run vessel. I then see the Deathstalker Destroyer as the result of this knowledge reaching Klingon ship builders and influencing their efforts. It is definitely very Klingon with outboard warp engines instead of inboard and very Klingon markings with no Romulan bird feathers. I am aware that Enterprise screwed that line of thought with their own BOPs and JJ's reference in "Star Trek" to "Klingon Warbirds" doesn't help either, I'm just a stubborn Dutchman with my own perspective on what pieces of the lore to consider real and which not.  ;)

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #148 on: July 05, 2011, 03:26:25 pm »
For some reason the original post missed these two pics.

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #149 on: July 06, 2011, 02:03:09 am »
nice ;)

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #150 on: July 06, 2011, 10:27:50 pm »
I like what you are doing with this and the back story is really good. Never did like the KBOPs... I will be readding this to my fleets when it is done.
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #151 on: July 07, 2011, 02:33:00 am »
Totaly beautifull work! I wish i had that kind of texture skills you have here  :thumbsup:
Time for life!

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #152 on: July 08, 2011, 02:37:34 am »
Been burning a little midnight oil as it were.

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #153 on: July 08, 2011, 05:13:05 am »
me like ;D

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #154 on: July 08, 2011, 12:30:52 pm »
A little more progress . . . the upper hull is almost complete. It looks like I'll have to stick to a plain red warp core ejection plate, because of the mirrored textures I haven't been able to get a Klingon Trefoil there.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #155 on: July 08, 2011, 12:46:49 pm »
Blargh - we need to teach you to unwrap, these limitations would drive me up a wall - can't imagine what they're doing for you.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #156 on: July 08, 2011, 01:45:21 pm »
Blargh - we need to teach you to unwrap, these limitations would drive me up a wall - can't imagine what they're doing for you.

Sounds like you need to do another tutorial FoaS.. there's a lot of people that could use it.  (I can unmap to a degree, but could definitely use more instruction on it as an example).  ;)
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #157 on: July 08, 2011, 08:39:09 pm »
I agree, this project, the D2 and the Romulan cruiser that I was playing with could likely all benefit from re-mapping. I have, however, thus far only been able to paint a few pretty pictures. This one's particularly interesting because the light maps existed before I started. I intend to look at the Material editor in G-Max and see if there are any differences in the settings between the ones that show and those that don't.

Otherwise, the underside is stuck about as shown. There is a little overlap on the edgs of the wings, but it's not too obvious.

Did I miss this being released? the bottom does not need to be uber detailed. I'm starting to smell Federation nail polish on this and suspect that is the delay for me not having this in my inventory...

I'd really like to have this kitbashed as my KCV with two Hajwe KFT pods under her.

Qapla'
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #158 on: July 08, 2011, 09:45:10 pm »
Sorry you missed it KF, the thread's gotten a little long perhaps. It's at BC here: http://sfc.battleclinic.com/docks/view.php?id=4861

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #159 on: July 10, 2011, 03:07:08 pm »
Sorry you missed it KF, the thread's gotten a little long perhaps. It's at BC here: http://sfc.battleclinic.com/docks/view.php?id=4861

I remember now. When it was released I downloaded this on my desktop PC and it died soon after ... I hadn't put it on my laptop yet. All set now Awesome retexture.

HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC