Topic: =/\= my heart aches for japan... 8.9 earthquake  (Read 2038 times)

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
=/\= my heart aches for japan... 8.9 earthquake
« on: March 11, 2011, 07:19:41 pm »
i wish all those affected the best of luck and i wish you safety and shelter. looking at the pictures has been very hard to do. here are some: http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2011/03/earthquake-in-japan/100022/

i am very very lucky that i have friends all over the world, quite literally. irc, forums, other chat clients provide me with ample opportunity to make friends all over and i love that. right now i have 3 friends in japan. 1 of which has not contacted anyone of his friends yet. please take a moment and think good thoughts for him and send him your love and best wishes mentally. we create our own reality and we can help. i hope you are alright bro.
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: =/\= my heart aches for japan... 8.9 earthquake
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 01:01:04 pm »
Prayers for all in Japan. I got in touch with a good friend of mine over there, and he had sent me a few pics.

One is the area where he lives, the other is him and his wife as they where getting ready to go to a wedding or something.

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 01:10:25 pm »
Live 3 years on the Honshu plains, I have the area in my prayers.  I want to go back there someday, it was a beautiful area.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 06:35:41 pm »
the first pic you posted is one i have seen already but is for me very special as you can see the man looking right into the camera like , "oh god, we are really here and this is happening. please remember us." there is a sadness there that is very telling. i hope he and she survived.

i currently have three friends in japan and one who lives in the chiba area has not contacted anyone yet and we are a little worried. we are staying hopeful as there net, cell, and local land phone lines are down in that area and there is really no way for him to contact us yet. my hopes and prayers with all in japan
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 10:51:21 am »
I thought the same thing when Snowcat sent it to me (my friend in Japan).

Tech has allowed us to gain friends from all over the world now, but your right, you also worry and stress over them. Hell, I felt the same way with Rod from our boards and the Christchurch earthquake last month.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 12:11:35 am »
Here;s another one from my Friend snowcat, however this is a friend of his that took the photo.  Food is scarce there right now. Those poor poor people.