Topic: TOS FED DNH ?  (Read 9001 times)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
Re: TOS FED DNH ?
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2011, 09:53:26 pm »
Almost finished the textures.. had some good results with applying the new illumination textures here.

Think it's pretty well ready to go, just one or two more to finish and we're flyin'.  :D

ps: I changed the registry number to something else because I didn't want to have exactly the same registry as the picture that you'd sent.  Mostly because I have other ideas.  ;)

But no proof without da pix.. and unless someone else would like this ship (there's noone else, right?  >=)  this'll be a private kitbash for Bernard's collection.  :D

(pps: Other people can really want me to release this as a general release. and I'll do so. just having fun).  ;)
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2011, 12:11:44 am »
So other than F-DNH, does this ship have a class name Bernard?  Need that for writing up the docs...

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2011, 08:54:28 am »
So other than F-DNH, does this ship have a class name Bernard?  Need that for writing up the docs...

Boy Alec  you got me good on that  here are a few. 

Albion Class Dreadnought  Based on the Mystical sword of the weyland

Imperieuse class  Dreadnought Based on a historical  British cruiser

Indefatigable  class Dreadnought Based on the British Frigate

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2011, 01:28:18 am »
Boy Alec  you got me good on that  here are a few. 

Albion Class Dreadnought  Based on the Mystical sword of the weyland
Imperieuse class  Dreadnought Based on a historical  British cruiser

I like these two the best after looking up their histories, but then there's the Themistocles itself, seeing as that was the ship this bash was done on.

So, I'm either going for Albion or Themistocles Class personally.  Do you have a preference on these Bernard?  Ship is completed, just waiting on this now and I'm good to release.  :)

Darkened the textures a bit to have it more match the reference images, but I'm keeping Schtuppies warp swirlies because I think they just look better ingame.  :D
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 01:50:19 am by atheorhaven »

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Lt.
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2011, 05:23:51 pm »
Hello Alec
  I don't have any preference I like them both  :)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2011, 06:31:38 pm »
All right then.. Albion Class it is.  :)

Clincher for me was watching Series 1 of the Doctor Who revival, Chris Eccleston's Doctor, and watching "Gothic" last night.  The name of the hospital in that show?  "Albion Hospital".  Kind of clinched the choice for me right then and there.  ;)

So I'd inadvertently gave away a teaser with the image I used last time, so seeing that I'm uploading it now to Battleclinic, here's the release shot and another one I tried for fun using the SFC3 Recacher (because it renders the ships in a neat way and all)..

"The Albion Class starship was developed during the mid 23rd century ,when relations between the Federation and the Klingon Empire began to deteriorate, as a large-scale assault vessel.  Only meant to be used during wartime, the Albion Class vessel fills the role of Dreadnaught."

Ship registry of this release.. NCC-2282, the U.S.S. Guignard.

I decided that you've been a pretty quiet supporter of the forum for quite a while, with specs, ships, knowledge and trivia when we needed it, so I thought that it was about time you had a ship named after you Bernard.

d/l link is here:
http://sfc.battleclinic.com/docks/view.php?id=4866

And here's the release shots.  ;)

(btw, have another of these forum named ships on the go, being the retexture of Rogue's Atheorhaven.  I'll keep the original one for myself, but it seems a bit vain to name a ship I worked on after myself again.  ;)

Thanks btw to FireSoul, I took a short cut on this and made use of his Light Dreadnaught model release to quickly do up SFC3 specs and such for this release, so this is also SFC3 compatible.. or should be.  :D

And Lord Schtupp as per usual.. without his base textures and meshes, thees wouldn't be possible for me.. :/

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2011, 07:30:14 pm »
A thing of unparalleled beauty.  :D

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2011, 07:54:45 pm »
A thing of unparalleled beauty.  :D

Thanks man.. what do you think of the illuminations?  They're what I was the happiest with.  :)

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2011, 07:57:43 pm »
I like the illuminations! One thing I just noticed, though, is that the textures for the landing decks just aft of the primary hull shuttle bays seems to be missing.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2011, 08:41:52 pm »
I like the illuminations! One thing I just noticed, though, is that the textures for the landing decks just aft of the primary hull shuttle bays seems to be missing.

Checking on it now..

Okay, I see it, but it's not going to be an easy fix.  It uses a repeated part of the texture, so here's what happened when I try to fix it.

Shots 1 and 2 show the repeated texture, shot 3 shows the fix, and shot 4 shows what happens to the front of the secondary hull when I try to fix it.. not pretty.

I think I can live with a small tiny area having one small issue than the whole rest of the front having a bigger one.  :p

Conversely, I could do a mesh fix, pull that section in more until the repeated section is gone, then it'd also more closely resemble the original pictures as well for that area.. (no landing strip).  Might be the better option really..

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2011, 12:05:57 am »
I can see where that'd be really difficult to fix. I wish I could make a useful suggestion, but unfortunately I'm not a modeler.  :(

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2011, 12:16:30 am »
No, you've already helped by pointing this out.. so thank you for that.  Now I just have to decide if I'm going to leave it like that (probable as it's already up on Battleclinic as is), or remove the landing strips to remove the visual issue and make it closer to the pix that Bernard pointed to.  (Also probable, I'm about 55-45 in favour of leaving it as is).

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2011, 12:27:15 am »
Removing the landing strips seems like a good fix.  :)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2011, 01:17:55 am »
its a material assignment issue. For some reason the material on the landing pad is using the same texture as the front of the hull. I wonder how that ended up happening.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2011, 03:06:58 am »
its a material assignment issue. For some reason the material on the landing pad is using the same texture as the front of the hull. I wonder how that ended up happening.

Not terribly sure seeing as the texture affected is Warp1, which shouldn't be part of the saucer at all.. so there we go.

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Lt.
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2011, 06:12:09 pm »
All right then.. Albion Class it is.  :)

Clincher for me was watching Series 1 of the Doctor Who revival, Chris Eccleston's Doctor, and watching "Gothic" last night.  The name of the hospital in that show?  "Albion Hospital".  Kind of clinched the choice for me right then and there.  ;)

So I'd inadvertently gave away a teaser with the image I used last time, so seeing that I'm uploading it now to Battleclinic, here's the release shot and another one I tried for fun using the SFC3 Recacher (because it renders the ships in a neat way and all)..

"The Albion Class starship was developed during the mid 23rd century ,when relations between the Federation and the Klingon Empire began to deteriorate, as a large-scale assault vessel.  Only meant to be used during wartime, the Albion Class vessel fills the role of Dreadnaught."

Ship registry of this release.. NCC-2282, the U.S.S. Guignard.

I decided that you've been a pretty quiet supporter of the forum for quite a while, with specs, ships, knowledge and trivia when we needed it, so I thought that it was about time you had a ship named after you Bernard.

d/l link is here:
http://sfc.battleclinic.com/docks/view.php?id=4866

And here's the release shots.  ;)

(btw, have another of these forum named ships on the go, being the retexture of Rogue's Atheorhaven.  I'll keep the original one for myself, but it seems a bit vain to name a ship I worked on after myself again.  ;)

Thanks btw to FireSoul, I took a short cut on this and made use of his Light Dreadnaught model release to quickly do up SFC3 specs and such for this release, so this is also SFC3 compatible.. or should be.  :D

And Lord Schtupp as per usual.. without his base textures and meshes, thees wouldn't be possible for me.. :/

Alec
She looks fantastic thank you very much. I'm touched  ;D

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2011, 11:34:39 pm »
Alec

Of course you're touched Bernard.. any sane person wouldn't do this.  >;)

You're welcome, I thought that it was something that needed to be done.  :D

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2011, 10:52:12 pm »
Alec

Of course you're touched Bernard.. any sane person wouldn't do this.  >;)

You're welcome, I thought that it was something that needed to be done.  :D

No one is makeing models these days , texting work yes but where are the models, Atheorhaven you did a hell of a job on this. :thumbsup:
Time for life!

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2011, 11:12:30 pm »
No one is makeing models these days , texting work yes but where are the models, Atheorhaven you did a hell of a job on this. :thumbsup:

Credit where credit is due..  Lord Schtupp did a hell of a job on the meshes, I simply cut and paste and did some minor material changes on the mesh.  Oh, and the textures modifications.  But Lord Schtupp is the one that deserves the majority of the credit, and FireSoul for the SFC3 work.  And Bernard of course for calling it to the attention of the forum. 

But thanks for the kind words anyways.. and there's still a bunch of people doing models, I'm just blaming the temporary dearth on warm summer nights and pretty girls.  Only other option is arthritis and encroaching decrepitude on our modellers part.  ;)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2011, 08:36:24 pm »
Just to check.. I saw 31 downloads.. is anyone using it in game?  How does it look compared to the rest of your fleet?  (yes, I'm casting a net for screenies).  ;)

If people like this one, have a couple of ideas to try adding to it..