Topic: Please pray for my wife! She was just diagnosed with cancer.  (Read 61595 times)

Offline Ronin

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • sub·ter·fuge (sub-tr-fyooj) - Romulan foreplay
Re: Please pray for my wife! She was just diagnosed with cancer.
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2011, 08:49:52 pm »
Mrs. Ronin fought through it a few years back. My dad is currently engaged in his own battle on the front lines. A dear friend recently walked her mother through the battle zone as well, making particular use of the Gerson technique, which seemed to work miracles for her.

You, your lovely bride and all those around you will be in my thoughts and prayers. May you have the strength to hold her hand through it all, a smile on your face. May she always see in you the hope for a better tomorrow.

All my best to you and yours, brother.

P.S. Just watched the video you posted. Now, in addition to wanting to be there for you, I imagine the heart of every man who has looked at this thread is tied to your wife. Please thank her for sharing that bit of herself with us all.
"Flying Romulan takes cunning. You either have it... or you die."

In The Beginning -- An unfinished fictionalized account of events surrounding the old Starlance League.

Offline Mazeppa

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • (Ret.)
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2011, 03:44:18 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/embed/FYFvZls7Wi0

[iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FYFvZls7Wi0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen][/iframe]

Still trying to figure out how to embed this video properly. She hates me now for making her do that... But once I heard her singing in the next room to my trek music as I was blasting an opponent away with phasers, I vowed to record her singing this, hehe. After all these years finally got it!

Someone knows how to embed this so it shows as a pic instead of a link, fix it for me pls. thx! And thanks for the prayers.

What a lovely voice!  Truly, an amazing, brave, talented woman.  Well done getting her to marry you, sir! 

Has she had lessons or training, or is that just pure talent?
Mazeppa
Son of K'otv
A Retired But Proud Member of the Klingon Black Fleet

www.uschess.org
www.ochess.org
www.okschess.org

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2011, 05:39:32 am »
Sadly she hasnt done anything with it other than karaoke. Other than HS musical practice, thats raw talent. I'll see if I can get her to sing something else on camera. Mb this is a good way to get her on video for once...You got a request?

Edit: Finally figured out how to copy the url properly. So if you missed it from the 1st page, here it is again.

Berte's singing TOS Closing Credits
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 09:35:41 pm by Dizzy »

Offline Ronin

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2011, 03:35:48 pm »
If she has a favorite, maybe she would grace us with it? When I heard her voice I immediately thought of...

ANDREA BOCELLI & KATHERINE JENKINS-I BELIEVE+LYRICS

... this song. With her lovely voice, I think she could handle the soprano part very well. Let's see if we can get Andrea Bocelli to swing by the house to practice with her.

In The Beginning -- An unfinished fictionalized account of events surrounding the old Starlance League.

Offline [KBF]MuadDib

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2011, 08:20:36 pm »
my thoughts are for the best turnout.  with regards.

sorry edited as C took alot from me this year.
Life cannot find reasons to sustain it, cannot be a source of decent mutual regard, unless each of us resolves to breathe such qualities into it.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2012, 09:41:32 pm »
Ronin what a great idea! I think I'm gonna work that. Brilliant idea! I had heard of how Katherine Jenkins was a good singer, but never knew just how good or how good looking. Checked her out on youtube and I'm impressed.

Ok, so update, Berte's chemo regimen starts Wed. Actually tomorrow, cuz she is gonna start taking anti side effect drugs b4 the chemo. Seems these holidays have been dragging along so slowly... we wanted to start chemo weeks ago...

Berte just lopped off all her hair in anticipation of it falling out. She's quite cute with short hair now. And I asked her about doing some more vids... she's open to the idea, so I got my fingers crossed I'll be able to upload another video tonight. ;) She loves the feedback btw., and all your posts. TY for your support. It means a lot.

Offline Ronin

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2012, 11:09:07 pm »
Please pass the word to your lovely bride that my hair is now roughly 1/8th of an inch in length. Can't do much else, but I can sure paint my wagon the same color.

Warmest regards to you both...

Offline KBF-Reejr

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2012, 10:24:25 am »
Thoughts and best wishes to you and your family Dizzy.

Offline Mutilator

• FSD whip
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2012, 10:00:55 pm »
We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails. Thought and prayers for fair winds and following seas. 
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2012, 09:52:03 am »
We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails. Thought and prayers for fair winds and following seas.

I like that ditto for me  :)

Offline Mazeppa

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • (Ret.)
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2012, 01:12:08 pm »
Mazeppa
Son of K'otv
A Retired But Proud Member of the Klingon Black Fleet

www.uschess.org
www.ochess.org
www.okschess.org

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2012, 09:57:18 pm »
sh*t....my wife might have cervical cancer now.....had a biopsy today....

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2012, 10:41:35 pm »
Hope that all things turn out with you guys beating this thing.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2012, 03:37:42 am »
Lets hope not Crim. Prayers going your way.

Gonna have berte sing come away with me...

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2012, 05:31:00 am »
crim  my prayers are with you also. You and your wife are still in my prayers Dizzy.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2012, 05:33:27 am »
Dang men, what is it with our women folk. I wonder if I should start a support group for men, who have wives with Cancer, as I know the time will come , you will want a place to vent.

Of course Prayers to you also Crim.  I can't believe how many of us have been touched by this Horrible disease.

I went ahead and started a Facebook page for anyone who needs support, or can offer advice having been through cancer.   https://www.facebook.com/groups/357355417614383/  It is a closed group for right now, as I know sometimes It can be difficult to discuss. Please let me know if you wish to be added either here, or you can email me at Stephen.sirgod@gmail.com

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Ronin

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2012, 01:32:50 am »
Dang men, what is it with our women folk. I wonder if I should start a support group for men, who have wives with Cancer, as I know the time will come , you will want a place to vent.

Of course Prayers to you also Crim.  I can't believe how many of us have been touched by this Horrible disease.

I went ahead and started a Facebook page for anyone who needs support, or can offer advice having been through cancer.   https://www.facebook.com/groups/357355417614383/  It is a closed group for right now, as I know sometimes It can be difficult to discuss. Please let me know if you wish to be added either here, or you can email me at Stephen.sirgod@gmail.com

Stephen
Nice idea, Stephen. I sent a request to join. Name's Richard. Thanks in advance.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2012, 07:50:21 am »
You Bet Richard, I'll check in on it here in short time.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline IndyShark

• Last Knight Standing of the late, great KNF, Member GDA
  • Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2012, 08:43:38 am »
Sirgod, I am not sure whether I can be of any help, but I am willing to try. My wife had cancer, but she recovered and is doing fine.

I have never felt so useless and lost in my entire life. Raising three girls on my own scared the hell out of me! Thank God Karen is ok now.

I do have one observation to make. I realized something during that time that I should have known. There are  things you can fix and things you can't. If you lose your job, you can get another job. You can't fix cancer or replace your loved ones.  Remember what's important in life. Work has it place, but it is replaceable. Your family isn't!

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2012, 12:21:09 pm »
Darn good point IndyShark. That is so true. So many things can be put on the back burner while you tackle the important stuff.

Stephen