Topic: Please pray for my wife! She was just diagnosed with cancer.  (Read 62002 times)

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
Re: Please pray for my wife! She was just diagnosed with cancer.
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2012, 02:01:28 am »
My thoughts go out to you and your family been there my self.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 01:21:13 am by Age »

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2012, 03:37:39 am »
Quote removed at Ages request.

don't have to be a christian to pray for someone.  But does help to not be an athiest.

I am not a Christian either, so for those who feel they can't pray, I am sure just keeping her and the others mentioned in this thread in your thoughts is a good thing.

*edit*
Hmm, seems to be that my comment was misread.  I was not making a statement of anyones religious state.  My statement was a general one, that it helps to be religious to pray. (spiritual is actually a better term)  There was no left hand comment meant towards anyone.  Sorry for any confusion.

Rev. Marstone
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 08:09:25 am by Sirgod »
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2012, 07:43:28 pm »

I have never felt so useless and lost in my entire life. Raising three girls on my own scared the hell out of me! Thank God Karen is ok now.

Glad it all worked out for you, Indyshark. I feel kinda the same. More like I'm swimming in molasses.

Wifey is doing good. We noticed the tumor has already shrunk quite a bit after only one treatment. Many more to go then a scan to see if the liver cancer is also shrinking. ::crosses fingers:: So far no bad trips down side effect lane. Its not been easy, but manageable. She is doing very well. Almost like she's not even sick. Thats the weirdest part. Its so surreal.

Best wishes to everyone that has someone going through this. And I thank all those who have posted here, and frey for putting up with this thread in this place. Thanks bro.

Offline IndyShark

• Last Knight Standing of the late, great KNF, Member GDA
  • Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2012, 07:06:27 pm »
Thanks buddy! I am glad to hear your wife is doing better. I hope she makes a complete recovery!

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2012, 01:29:15 pm »
me too dizz...we are just getting on the ride...no biopsy results yet...but she is so high risk they want to do surgery soon...she has put them off until after we take our daughter on a disney cruise in mid Feb...

Offline Ternado

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2012, 12:16:19 pm »
prayer is also good no matter what faith you have...but include those that help you go through these tough times.doctors to guide thier hands.nurces to give care to your loved one..sciencetist to come with cures to ride this damn :C: word from human kind.and your family for support.

Offline Farfarer

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2012, 07:54:28 pm »
Mom and spouse beat it. Odds on you guys will as well.

Offline Lono

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2012, 02:04:10 pm »
Sorry I missed this request - my wife and my prayers will be with you and your family going forward.

If she is allowed to she may want to start significant daily vitamin D3 supplementation. Recent research has shown that D3 supplementation can significantly increase communication between cell groups - which can aid in repression of cancerous cell groups by neighboring cells. I take 5000 IU daily as a preventative measure as I work inside all day. I would reccomend at least that level of supplementation for her if possible. I wouldn't go over 10,000 IU a day - although she may want to do that level for a week or two to help jump start her system's extra cellular communication.

She will also want to take a k2 supplement once a week as well - if she does supplement the D3 - to prevent any unwanted calsification in the blood stream.

Optimized extra-cellular communication between cell groups should have an anti-cancer effect on the body - however most doctors are not up on the latest research - please be aware that it could increase communication between cancerous cells as well - however in theory their should be no expectation that this will increase their effectiveness - in fact it may cause them to become less aggresive as well.

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/news-archive/2008/does-vitamin-d-treat-cancer/

My aunt recently passed due to sudden aggresive stomach cancer and I regeret I didn't get to pass this advice to her when she was first diagnosed.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:16:38 pm by Lono »

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2012, 04:39:01 pm »
Srry to hear bout your aunt, Lono. Thanks for your advice.

Got disheartening news from the doc the last time we went. She explained to us once the cancer hits the liver it's the end game. It doesnt really ever go away at that point. Even if the tumor shrinks up and dissappears, and she has the surgery to remove the ovaries to get rid of the estrogen producing element this cancer likes so much, it could come back in 3 months or 3 years. 90% chance she said. So here's hoping that 10% chance works out! God knows I skirted around on 10% skill and 90% luck in most the games I won against you guys on dynaverse. Hope my wife has my luck too.  :angel:

Speaking of the dynaverse, what is the current sitrep?

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2012, 05:09:23 am »
On the theory that every little bit helps did you see the recent reports on Aspirin vs Cancer?

Aspirin can reduce the risk for cancer-related mortality and can reduce or prevent the risk for distant metastasis, according to 3 new studies published online by The Lancet and The Lancet Oncology.

Aspirin was shown to reduce the risk for nonvascular death in all trials in The Lancet study authored by Peter M. Rothwell, FMedSci, and published online first on March 21.

Researchers in the United Kingdom reviewed 5 large, randomized trials of daily aspirin use versus control for the prevention of vascular events. Of 17,285 participants, 987 had a new solid cancer diagnosed during mean in-trial follow-up for 6.5 years. Those taking daily aspirin had a reduced risk of cancer with distant metastasis for all cancers.

In the study, aspirin also reduced death due to cancer in patients who developed adenocarcinoma, particularly in those without metastasis at diagnosis.

“That aspirin prevents distant metastasis could account for the early reduction in cancer deaths in trials of daily aspirin versus control. This finding suggests that aspirin might help in treatment of some cancers and provides proof of principle for pharmacological intervention, specifically to prevent distant metastasis,” the authors stated.

Rothwell and other researchers also reviewed the short-term effects of daily aspirin on cancer incidence and mortality. Those results also were published by The Lancet online on March 21. The researchers found that allocation to aspirin reduced cancer deaths (562 vs. 644 deaths) in 51 randomized trials comparing daily aspirin use with no aspirin use for prevention of vascular events.

In the March 21 online edition of Lancet Oncology, Rothwell and other researchers also reported evidence for benefits of long-term aspirin use for certain types of cancer. In case-control studies, regular use of aspirin was associated with reduced risk of colorectal cancer.

“Similarly consistent reductions were seen in risks of oesophageal, gastric, biliary, and breast cancer,” the researchers stated.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline IndyShark

• Last Knight Standing of the late, great KNF, Member GDA
  • Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2012, 06:54:53 am »
Good luck Dizzy! Don't forget, miracles happen every day!

Offline deadmansix

• Lt.
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2012, 02:28:38 am »

Hang in there Dizzy, keep fighting and explore every option there is don't let the bastard win!

know we are all behind you my friend and ready to help any way we can.

Offline FPF-Wanderer

• Order of Battle Wonk
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Trek Nerd Since 1976
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2012, 08:51:51 pm »
Never was much of a praying man, but I do believe in the collective unconscious.  If enough of us are thinking it, we make it happen.  We'll all be thinking of you and your gal, Dizzy.  We grok it.  ;D
Alliance SAC, SG4 / Alliance SAC, RDSL / Federation A/RM: AOTK, SSII, GW4 / Federation Chief of Staff / Member of the Flying Circus / Alliance Map Guy

Offline Lono

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2012, 03:53:28 pm »
Srry to hear bout your aunt, Lono. Thanks for your advice.

Even if the tumor shrinks up and dissappears, and she has the surgery to remove the ovaries to get rid of the estrogen producing element this cancer likes so much, it could come back in 3 months or 3 years.

Dizzy - thank you - and thanks for the update - I know we all are with you in spirit during this difficult time.

Although not all things are in our control - one thing to remember is that 3 years - these days - can bring about new therapies we could only have dreamed about a few years ago. My heart really goes out to you guys and I am praying for a miracle to bless and heal you both. Please let us know of any needs you both may have - so that we can come together and offer help in any way possible.

May god give you both strength and peace during this challenging time.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2012, 11:01:00 pm »
Thanks guys! I'm starting to grok it, hehe.

Its been a long road, but Berte may have had her final chemo treatment today. The good news is that complete remission is expected. She responded well to chemo. We will know for sure after the MRI and PET scan 2 weeks from now. Bad news is that once it hits the liver (breast cancer) it never goes away. It will come back. 3 months, 3 years, it will come back and we will be back taking chemo again. So this is our new normal.

I pray for the day when a drug or therapy can kill it completely. Till then... we wait... and watch... and hit it again with chemo when it returns. And hopefully, if we are lucky and stay ahead of it... that it doesnt get away from us and overtake her. Prayers go out to everyone that has a loved one suffering from this insidious disease. Thanks for your support.

So for the moment, we will celebrate remission.

Offline 762_XC

• t00l
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2012, 12:14:29 am »
 :woot:

Dude, glad to hear it.
Fleet Vice Admiral 762
Director of Strategy and Tactics -Xenocorp
Quality Assurance Lead - SFC Community Edition (Beta)
--------------------------------

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2012, 01:04:28 am »
That is outstanding Dizzy! So happy to hear this brother.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2012, 01:55:13 am »
Great news Diz!

Tricia had a full hysterectomy and it looks like they got it all....of course I still need to get her away from her frickin boyfriend....but at least she didnt get serious cancer...I still got time...

Offline Lono

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2012, 11:11:49 am »
Great news to hear from both of you!

Please remember to consider keeping up a daily vitamin D3 supplementation of around 5,000 IU - everyone - as that does seem to be paying off dividends for many people both diagnosed with cancer and not.

(of course consult with your doctor on this - tho keep in mind many are not totally up on all the latest science yet)

Also make sure to take some vitamin K2 supplement around once a week to prevent unwanted minor calsification in the blood stream from the D3 supplementation.

I feel we are very near to a rennisance in cancer treatment - and continue to pray that God will give you all the strength and your doctors the wisdom - to be able to control and one day cure this difficult disease.

For now let us all enjoy this great victory!

:)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2012, 02:09:45 pm »
Dizzy, Berte was telling me about your allergies, so We won't do it right away this summer, But maybe come Fall, You both can get away long enough to come visit. Who knows, maybe some of the other SFC guys can make the trip, and I'll slaughter a fattened calf or the like.

Right now the grass and Tree is insane, up here in Oklahoma.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War