Topic: Please pray for my wife! She was just diagnosed with cancer.  (Read 61590 times)

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Brother Federico the Feducator & Lord High Mokus
  • Rear Admiral
Re: Please pray for my wife! She was just diagnosed with cancer.
« Reply #100 on: July 04, 2013, 10:22:03 am »

First I need to apologize for being so late to this thread.

Diz and Crim ... I will earnestly lift all of your names before the throne of Grace.

In HIS name,

Fed
The Star Spangled Banner bring hither,
 O're Columbia's true sons let it wave.
May the wreaths they have won never wither,
 Nor it's stars cease to shine on the brave.

Offline The Postman

• 1st Sgt, Bugler, Commander, L. A. Tifft Camp 15, SUVCW
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #101 on: July 04, 2013, 03:38:39 pm »
Dizzy,
I too am sorry for not following this thread. I thought I was staying on top of things by following her FB posts.  Be assured that your family is in our thoughts and prayers in these difficult times.

Link: ht

Offline Ronin

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • sub·ter·fuge (sub-tr-fyooj) - Romulan foreplay
« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2013, 12:23:41 pm »
Quote from: Dizzy
thx for asking guys. She is so strong... The doctors decided to give her an ethanol injection into her liver never center to deaden it. So now she cant walk well... But the pain from her extensive liver metastasis is now tolerable. She was given 2-3 months left to live about 3 weeks ago if we did nothing. So she is taking some kinda high powered Doxil chemo that may do something... We just dont know. It is knocking her on her ass though. Its a nasty drug. Too bad we dont have the $4k a month for that Burzinski character in houston that people say can cure almost any cancer... When it sounds too good to be true...
Saw her posting about being on bed rest and wondered what was going on. Chemo is nasty. Puts a person through physical and emotional hell, pulling in family and friends for the hell-ride while everyone holds their breath. Been there.

I have no idea how much time I have left with her. It could be weeks, days or hopefully this drug may put her back in remission. Who knows... I'm hoping at the very least we have some time to shoot some videos of her for the future. I suggested making videos for the kids for things like Beth's 1st date, prom, graduation, her 1st broken heart... The kinda advice only mom can give. That would be nice to have to show them when the time is right. I hope we are able to do that.
Great idea. It's so hard to broach the subject. And I am sure Berte feels like hell. But great idea.

What Im really hoping is that she is able to again take a deep breath and feel well enough to sing. There are a few dozen songs Id like her to record. We've been married for almost 18 years and I have so few recordings of her angelic voice...
Here's hoping.

Sent you a PM, brother. Hang in there. I know the bitter-sweet hell you are experiencing.
"Flying Romulan takes cunning. You either have it... or you die."

In The Beginning -- An unfinished fictionalized account of events surrounding the old Starlance League.

Offline NuclearWessels

• Evil Dave
  • Serverkit Development Team
  • Lt. Commander
  • Scripter and general nuisance
    • NukeDocs
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2013, 11:44:12 pm »

Diz, I'm not a religious man, never have been, but I'm praying for the best possible for you and your wife.  Nothing has ever hurt me more than to watch someone I loved fight this to the end.  All our love is with you man, may all yours be with her.

dave

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2013, 09:10:52 am »
How is she and you both doing bro? I've been worried about ya, and thought a few times, I'll call, But I don't want to call, and then have you get things rolling through your head, when you may have some ease at the time.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Ronin

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • sub·ter·fuge (sub-tr-fyooj) - Romulan foreplay
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2013, 12:10:46 am »
From Dizzy via Facebook...

-----
"Please pray for Berte. She is in the Northeast Methodist Hospital's intensive care unit. She is in critical condition at the moment and is suffering. Please pray her pain eases and she gets better. She is so brave and such a courageous fighter. Her whole family is proud of her."
-----

He likely has one hell of a lot on his plate. But I imagine he would want all of you who have so long been a part of his life to know what is going on.

Respects,

Ronin
"Flying Romulan takes cunning. You either have it... or you die."

In The Beginning -- An unfinished fictionalized account of events surrounding the old Starlance League.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2013, 11:31:21 pm »
Thx guys. Thx Ronin. You beat me to it bro. Was just about to post... I was talking to Frey earlier about reinstalling sfcop to play with my teenager. He used to dabble with the game way back when... Cant beat Sfcop as a tactical naval engagement game. Its just too damned awesome.

So with berte... poor thing is on a rollercoaster ride. For my part I feel like I got that buck rogers vampire sucking my lifeforce away. Its so draining. But berte is hanging in there... 'baby steps' she says as she gets slightly stronger and better with each passing day. She is so brave. So inspirational. They are moving her from ICU to progressive care. So shes still in the fight.

Got the scans back. The radiation to the brain was a home run, but there isnt much of the liver left. Her eyes turned yellow two days ago... but got white again today. There isnt much left to do but take it a day at a time now... With all the prayer so many people have been giving her I'd have thought the cancer would have been gone by now, heh. There's still hope tho.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2013, 06:25:48 pm »
Would a partial Liver transplant help her at all? I'm not sure about a match, but I'd be more than happy to have mine checked, and if it is a go, I'd do it in an instant for you two.

I tell ya, from what I've been reading on Face book, she is the strongest woman, I have ever known.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2013, 01:29:57 am »
Be nice to get a partial liver but because she has cancer that is out of the question. Too bad they cant grow her a new one in the lab. I bet we are only a few years from that happening...

Offline IndyShark

• Last Knight Standing of the late, great KNF, Member GDA
  • Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2013, 07:09:21 am »
God bless you and your wife Dizzy! I am still hoping for a miracle!

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2013, 12:20:49 am »
Dizzy,

Saw the last facebook post, my prayers are always with you and your family, and live in the love you all share no matter how tough things get.  That love is something nothing can take away, ever.

Offline SOFBear

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2013, 10:19:57 pm »
Well I am new to this forum so I unfortunately haven't had the pleasure of making your acquaintance but please accept my prayers.  My wife worked in breast and now lung cancer research and I want to offer you my words of hope and encouragement.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #112 on: December 18, 2013, 01:56:49 am »
I am sad to say, Berte, his wife, passed away last week. I held off on mentioning it, as he has not said a word, except for his face book friends.

I do feel, that it may be to painful for him to approach the topic, but I do ask, as a fellow gentleman, that we remember him, and his loss. Berte, was a great woman, with the voice of an angel. Hell, she had to be great, to put up with Dizzy for so many years.

Repost:

Berte's celebration of her life will be held at First Baptist Church of Universal City on Dec. 21st, 2013 starting at 11am with a catered reception afterwards at the church. Our family hopes to see you there.

First Baptist Church
1401 Pat Booker Road
Universal City, TX 78148

We have lost way too much of our dearest blood this year, ToastyO, Capt. Mike, and now Berte. Give your family an extra hug, and give thanks for the time we have with them.

Stephen
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 04:13:13 pm by Sirgod »

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #113 on: December 18, 2013, 07:37:28 am »
Dizzy
You have my deepest sympathy old friend.  My prayers for you and your family in this time of loss.
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Brother Federico the Feducator & Lord High Mokus
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #114 on: December 18, 2013, 06:19:56 pm »

It is fitting that her life be celebrated. May she rest in peace.

Dizzy remains in my thoughts and prayers.

The Star Spangled Banner bring hither,
 O're Columbia's true sons let it wave.
May the wreaths they have won never wither,
 Nor it's stars cease to shine on the brave.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2013, 03:46:23 pm »
I'm sorry for your loss Dizzy. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
« Reply #116 on: December 19, 2013, 05:15:01 pm »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 02:09:42 pm by Captain Adam »
Odo :    
"Being accused of a crime is not a disgrace, Chief. Some of the great figures of history have shared the honour with you."
to O'Brien
DS9 : Tribunal

Offline benbean

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #117 on: December 24, 2013, 06:57:27 am »
I'm so sorry Dizzy, thinking of you.

ben.
ben.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #118 on: December 24, 2013, 10:05:05 am »
Dizzy, sorry.  This really sucks.
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline IndyShark

• Last Knight Standing of the late, great KNF, Member GDA
  • Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
« Reply #119 on: December 27, 2013, 06:26:05 am »
Dizzy, I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I was hoping for a miracle!