Topic: Star Trek Online  (Read 17051 times)

Offline Scottish Andy

• First Officer of the Good Ship Kusanagi
  • Lt. Commander
  • New and improved.
    • Starbase 23
Star Trek Online
« on: February 14, 2012, 02:51:27 pm »
I've started playing it. I've started taking screenshots. Should those of us who have done likewise start and contruibute to a thread where we post our gorgeous, sexy screenies?
Come visit me at:  www.Starbase23.net

The Senior Service rocks! Rule, Britannia!

The Doctor: "Must be a spatio-temporal hyperlink."
Mickey: "Wot's that?"
The Doctor: "No idea. Just made it up. Didn't want to say 'Magic Door'."
- Doctor Who: The Woman in the Fireplace (S02E04)

Offline Captain Sharp

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • R. Lee Ermy for Prez, 2016!
Re: Star Trek Online
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 06:11:45 pm »
Uh...yes.

--Guv
(mine's on the bottom)
"Jayne?"

"Yeah?"

"You wanna tell me why there's a statue of you here lookin' like I owe him something?"

"Wishin' I could, Captain. "

Offline Scottish Andy

• Lt. Commander
  • New and improved.
    • Starbase 23
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 09:01:27 pm »
YAY! Okay, here are some of mine. My captain, Lathena. My ship, the Fearless. And a dramatic hero pose of Lathena on Earth (TerraMain) Spacedock, looking out over Britain and Europe.

Cool, hmm?

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 12:34:57 am »
I actually have to wait for a graphics card to run the thing full specs...but it runs well enough at full specs now to get some niiiice screenies if I take the time to turn it up when I don't need the framerate.;)

The one with the USS Stormbringer above those planetary rings is my personal favorite.
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

Offline Grim Reaper

• The 4th Horseman, the Lord of Death
  • Lt.
  • Beyond the apocalypse
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 02:38:02 am »
No Klingon ships? I'd like to play, but between having a newlyborn (11 dec '11) and Starcraft 2, I have no time left...
Snickers@DND: If there is one straight answer in that bent little head of yours, you'd better start spillin' it pretty damn quick, or I'm gonna take a large, blunt object, roughly the size of Kallae AND his hat and shove it lengthwise up a crevice of your being so seldomly cleaned that even the denizens of the nine hells would not touch it with a 10-feet rusty pole

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 06:23:24 am »
Ill post some of my stuff after work tonight :D .. or maybe at lunch!

I have plenty of Klink screenies too :D

We should do like D.Net STF night or something for all of us that play!!!

Regards,
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline Grim Reaper

• Lt.
  • Beyond the apocalypse
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 08:21:07 am »
That, my friend, would be awsome
Snickers@DND: If there is one straight answer in that bent little head of yours, you'd better start spillin' it pretty damn quick, or I'm gonna take a large, blunt object, roughly the size of Kallae AND his hat and shove it lengthwise up a crevice of your being so seldomly cleaned that even the denizens of the nine hells would not touch it with a 10-feet rusty pole

Offline Scottish Andy

• Lt. Commander
  • New and improved.
    • Starbase 23
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 08:25:34 am »
Congrats, Grim! Don't worry; I have two young boys and most of the time I spend playing is when I should be either having together time with my wife or in the wee hours when I am sleeping.

So I don't get on too much.

Frey, that would be pretty awesome. Larry here has friended me on STO but I've yet to see him there. I also don't know how to really play yet... it's fiendishly complicated for me.

Offline Grim Reaper

• Lt.
  • Beyond the apocalypse
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 01:20:28 pm »
Congrats, Grim!
Thanks man

Don't worry; I have two young boys
coolness! How old are yours?

and most of the time I spend playing is when I should be either having together time with my wife or in the wee hours when I am sleeping.

So I don't get on too much.

Lol sounds familiar. We'll just have to ride it out untill it can be father son bonding time ;)

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 02:03:40 pm »
Grim, yeah, there's Klingon ships, but I was playing my Feddie when I started fiddling with the graphics settings for the first time.  I'll drag the D-7 out of mothballs (upgraded last week) and get some pics of her soon.

And congrats on the mini-Angel of Death!
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 02:04:59 pm »
Oh, Andy, I sent a friend request, but it still shows as you needing to accept it.  Check your friends menu tonight?

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 04:51:45 pm »
KBFLordKrueg@KBFLordKrueg
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Scottish Andy

• Lt. Commander
  • New and improved.
    • Starbase 23
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 05:09:19 pm »
Don't worry; I have two young boys
coolness! How old are yours?
Almost 4 and almost 6 :)

Lol sounds familiar. We'll just have to ride it out untill it can be father son bonding time
Yeah, quite a while to wait for that though :D

Oh, Andy, I sent a friend request, but it still shows as you needing to accept it.  Check your friends menu tonight?
LOL. okay, if I can find it...

Offline Captain Sharp

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • R. Lee Ermy for Prez, 2016!
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 07:20:10 pm »
This is my second go-round on STO. Just unlocked Klingons again. Got Dath'mar, the new Gro'mokh, and a nice one of the Tokijin approaching spacedock.

--Guv
"Jayne?"

"Yeah?"

"You wanna tell me why there's a statue of you here lookin' like I owe him something?"

"Wishin' I could, Captain. "

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 07:31:38 pm »
Here's my current ride, a Vor'cha-class battlecruiser.

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 07:36:13 pm »
And here's STO-La'ra with a plasma rifle just before sniping a Borg drone or 12. :2gun:

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 09:48:01 pm »
@F9thRet here if anyone want's to add me. I'll get some pics up soon also, and yes, a Dnet night would be awesome!

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Grim Reaper

• Lt.
  • Beyond the apocalypse
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 03:06:38 pm »
Grim, yeah, there's Klingon ships, but I was playing my Feddie when I started fiddling with the graphics settings for the first time.  I'll drag the D-7 out of mothballs (upgraded last week) and get some pics of her soon.

And congrats on the mini-Angel of Death!

Thanks man, for both the congrats and the screenies.

And guys: How long did it take you go get to klingons? and to battlecruisers? Can you stay in space only?

Offline Grim Reaper

• Lt.
  • Beyond the apocalypse
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 03:07:45 pm »

Offline manitoba1073

• FLEET ADMIRAL OF THE YARDS
  • Lt. Commander
    • manitobashipyards
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 06:49:14 pm »

My Main Federation Characters ship.  The U.S.S. Centuar