Topic: Store Issues / Application issues (Hold off on any Store Purchases for now, plz)  (Read 13867 times)

Offline Stinky

• Lt. Junior Grade

So, I just paid $5.99 at the store to purchase SFC:CE and I got my download link. I downloaded the file, which is an ISO extension file. I then unpacked it to a CD and although the CDROM drive says the disc has content, it won't do anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated on how I can make my purchase run.

Here's what worked for me:

1. After downloading the file (sfcce.iso), I used MagicISO (http://www.magiciso.com) to unpack the contents to its own directory

2. In that newly unpacked directory, I ran the file SFCIICE_2670.exe and followed the prompts

That's about it.  It seems to work for me on Windows XP SP3.  Can't yet get it to run in Wine in OS X (10.9.5).

Good luck!

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
I'm working on a new ISO image, I just haven't had the time to burn, test and then upload.

I know, but architecting the largest court system in the world (LA County) is an exacting science.

:)

Regards,
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline zantron

• Ensign
I had been thinking since discovering it a couple months ago about buying sfc:ce, well I did so today - I too initially couldnt unlock the iso, and sent an email message to the management. i was amazed by how quick the response was (like within 10 min of sending it). i went to http://www.magiciso.com as instructed and had zero issues, installed the game and it runs perfect. I am very happy! I was actually a little worried before I bought the game that single player campaign wound not work and there would be problems, but everything runs super smooth on my 64bit set up. all i can say is devs you are amazing Im happy to be replaying a childhood favorite of mine I thought lost forever :) if anyone hesitating out there like I was all I say is no worries go for it, you wont regret it

Offline 3 of 4

• Lt. Junior Grade
Hi,

I am trying to buy Star Trek Starfleet Command 2: Community Edition but every time I go through the chechkout on dynaverse.net it brings up an error when i click on the pay by card/paypal.

Is it broken at the moment?

So excited to try this out, spent years playing this when I was younger.

Please Help!

Many thanks

Alex

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
Thank you for reporting this! I've gotten it fixed and you should be good to go :)

Regards,

Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline tomcat

• Ensign
Thank you all!

It looks like it's doing the trick!