Topic: Store Issues / Application issues (Hold off on any Store Purchases for now, plz)  (Read 13696 times)

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
Alo all!

Recently, we've migrated our Windows 2003 servers to brand new sparkly Windows 2008 R2 servers, and in the process we've been noticing some oddities after the move.

Most pressing is the fact that our store emails don't seem to be working. SFHQ (yes, he's still alive and kicking) is assisting me on this, and we hope to have a resolution soon.

I'm asking anyone that's thinking about it to hold off on buying from our store until I post here that the store issue has been resolved.

If you've purchased SFC:CE from our store within the last three weeks or so, please don't hesitate to file a customer service ticket HERE
and we'll look into it pronto!

Feel free to post any oddities *you've* noticed, and I'll get a list going so we can address them.

The D.Net staff sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused.

Regards,
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 09:05:24 pm by FA Frey XC »
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline MIWolverine

• Lt. Junior Grade
The link gives me the following error:

An Error Has Occurred!
    You are not permitted to access the helpdesk.

NOTE: I'm the guy who already contacted you about my order from May 26th.

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
Likely because of our requirements on posting to get around spammers, as forums show you've posted once.

Drat! Keep posting here if you can't make a ticket.

Regards,
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline MIWolverine

• Lt. Junior Grade
Got it.  Gonna keep posting until I can make a ticket, then.

Offline MIWolverine

• Lt. Junior Grade
Posted 20 times, got promoted to LT JG, and still wasn't able to get into the helpdesk to post a ticket (although it did stop asking me the anti-spam questions when I got promoted). 

I cleaned up my mess of postings and am now left wondering (along with how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?) exactly how many postings does it take to get to the helpdesk?

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
Don't know, and honestly right now don't have the energy to figure it out.

Shop is fixed, emails are now working again. I'll get this sorted over the weekend.

Have faith, true Believers.

Regards,
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline MIWolverine

• Lt. Junior Grade
Yeah, it appears to be working now.  I just ordered SFC:EAW and the Market sent me the download links and everything. 

I still haven't received any notifications from D.net market my previous order of SFC:CE, though.  Please keep trying to fix what happened with that order.

Thanks Frey.

Offline angelr211212

• Ensign
Hello,

Been keeping an eye on the SFC:CE effort for a while and just saw that it was available for download as a package from the marketplace 6/11/14.
Purchased the SFCCE, got my links, downloaded the .ISO twice and am having a hard time installing.

The .ISO didn't burn well with IMGBurn (both download attempts) when it told me the Mode needed to be altered for my system.
Scanning the burned disk says the main .EXE is incomplete and 7ZIP says the .ISO is not a valid archive.

Both my separate download attempts are identical:
628MB (658,915,520 bytes)

I'm posting here because I too can't get into the ticketing system and post there.
Thank you for any help you can provide.

Offline Vladimir

• Lt. Junior Grade
Trying to understand why selling a broken game is so important... The campaign game is unplayable as it stands (save single skirmish missions), see: http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163393584.0.html
And to date no workaround or fix has been found (other then play a campaign and never fight pirates LOL).
Priority mix-match?

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
Vladimir, if you replace the bugged mission, Met17Patrol.scr, with any other mission that does work, you should be good to go. You don't have to play Met17Patrol. Other missions do indeed allow you to destroy Orion ships and still complete the mission.

Offline rookietech359

• Ensign
so I purchased a copy of the Community Edition on the 18 of may and still have no notifications other than the money was taken received. i just noticed this forum stating there were some issues that just got solved, now my question is, i got a CD Key but no discs. do i have to reorder or what other courses of action are there for me?

Offline Captain_Tacki

• Ensign
Hi guys, I'm new here.

I just purchased SFC:CE from the market, downloaded the iso file and proceeded to mount it to a virtual drive. Unfortunately it appears that the file is corrupt or incompatible or something of that nature. In either case, I can't get the game to work which makes me very sad. It looks like some other people are having trouble with the installation process as well. Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this on, I didn't know where else to post. I tried downloading the file 3 times already and haven't had any luck getting the game to install.

I'm hoping that I'm just doing something wrong, something that is easily correctable.

Offline rjosh

• Ensign
I bought SFC:CE yesterday, got emails, but cant dl the ISO. Tried twice, after 78-80 mb's download just ends.
Since there is only 6 tries, i am a little worried.

Offline Rocinante

• Lt. Junior Grade
Between submitting tickets and posting here, I've been waiting nine days for help with the same problems, so don't hold your breath, rjosh.

Offline rjosh

• Ensign
Well, now I have used all the astronomical six Dl's to failed attempts, and I must say I am pretty pissed off.

Offline Rocinante

• Lt. Junior Grade
I realize I'm only out 17.97 but... Coming up on two weeks without any answer.

"Dynaverse.net....your friend for SFC3 and SFC2. We support all versions of these great games!"

Plz define "friend" and "support". :-p

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
Hey all, not sure what's going on here but Strat did the programing work behind the CE project.  At this point I would seek him out and see if you all can get an answer since you're not getting anything through normal channels.

Offline Strat

• Retired
  • EAW Update Crew
  • Lt. Commander
I worked on some things (read in redid the entire code for SFC: CE), but I did not convert it to the CD format, and I did not work on the store. That is all dnet.  :angel:

EDIT (FA_Frey_XC): To make sure people understand Strat IS the one that did the programming for SFC:CE.

Hardly worth the angel, but I'll leave it ;)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 06:44:15 am by FA Frey XC »

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
It's not the store Stat, when they say the campaign isn't working or there's game issues.

We've resolved the store problems, and I, and yes I, am back in the "office" so to speak and working on getting these resolved.

Not trying to make excuses, but I've been dealing with health issues over the last three months and I am the only one administering this site.

I'll issue refunds to everyone that's posted a complaint in this thread, just send me a PM with your order number so I can match it up on PayPal.

We've had this product downloaded over 1000 times since we've re-posted the new ISO, and about 10% of those purchases seem to have problems mounting the ISO. MagicISO seems to work.

Thanks for swinging by to respond to this thread, Strat, and not trying to figure out what's wrong but declare your innocence and blame D.Net, the place that got you the code and allowed you to work on it in the first place. Loyalty is amazing.

Regards,
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline Rocinante

• Lt. Junior Grade
Sorry to hear about the health issues.

So I gather that you're administering a store on someone else's platform and can do stuff like refunds but can't fix whatever is causing the download fails? Do you happen to know if they have an FAQ for the partial bailed downloads? Can they reset download count and let us retry with some new knowledge to increase likelihood of success?

Sorry to bombard with questions, but now that someone is listening... :-p