Topic: Roll call......what is everyone doing these days?  (Read 8557 times)

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
Roll call......what is everyone doing these days?
« on: March 23, 2015, 01:46:19 am »
I know some peeps went to DDO for a time.......and I know some peeps went to STO ( my fleet).......

but what about the rest of us?

where can you be found?

I have picked up the Wargame series:

http://forums.eugensystems.com/?f=91

Like Micro armor with air support.....good engine......nice graphics.....good game play...sh*tty AI.....as usual.....great multipay...

So.....where are you now?

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
Re: Roll call......what is everyone doing these days?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 09:44:44 am »
I can be found, most days, playing Mech Warrior: Online.  I go by the handle of Tuhs Grey
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 10:55:52 am »
I play World of Warplanes, World of Tanks and I am involved in the testing of World of Warships - alpha and now closed beta. I also play miniatures, anything from ancients to WWII. The most recent miniatures battle was the historical event when a single tank, a KV2 with infantry support held up an entire German division for a day using the Chain of Command rules from Too Fat Lardies.
I am alright, it is the world that is wrong.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 11:37:01 am »
Haven't been gaming for a long time.  Nothing of interest to me.  :(
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 02:52:53 pm »

I hear ya....I played DDO for a bit after everyone moved on....I still have the giuld ship and such I inhereted....havent seen a soul on for quite a bit....changed laptops and didnt reload DDO....

I was looking for something like Micro armor when I found Wargame: European escalation....has a few flaws...but I got it from Steam for 3.99......well worth 4 bucks....then I picked up Wargame: Airland battle on sale for 4.99 (better engine...more units and countries and Close air support...WOOT)...LOL

The newest wargame "Red dragon" is still being played quite a bit ( but they totally screwed up the naval aspect), and you can still find games for ALB during the day....W:EE is pretty much dead....

They all have a single player campaign.....in W:EE the AI is alot like the SFC AI, in that will will just charge you with everything it can throw at you The AI always makes a bee line for your untis no matter where they are or if they are hiden in a forest...etc...

W:ALB is better....in that the AI cant "see" your units anymore unless it gets eye's on them with RECON......so it cant shoot you unless it can "see" you.....but the AI still knows where your stuff is....

Havent played W: RD yet....but I have read they tweaked the AI a bit further so that it's possible to ambush the AI now and insert special ops behind enemy lines  if you dont stumble on a RECON unit...

First time I called in an A-10 and heard that Gat pop a T80 I litterally grinned from ear to ear... ;D

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 09:13:10 pm »
Some of the games that might have interested me had the requirement of an internet connection for a SINGLE PLAYER game.  That to me is a deal breaker, I don't like being monitored like that.  Others have massive required downloads another deal breaker (I start being throttled if I go beyond 10 gb/ month somewhere between 20 and 30 it is impossible to refresh a web page).  Also my old offline gaming group is totally broken up so even that has fallen by the wayside. 
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 07:26:22 am »

I'm feeling kind of the same way about games right now.  The last game I played was Guild Wars and that is a ghost town now and GW2 sounds like it's too much nickel and dime stuff.

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 08:24:32 am »
Since I got the Windows 8.1 machine I don't do much in the way of gaming mostly working on blueprinting projects  See the Starstream Project thread
and now I'm in the process of learning a new CAD/CAM software for where I work.  that is taking up some of my time.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 09:36:45 pm »
I've got something of a privacy fetish and don't like how more and more companies try to monitor everything they can, gaming companies among them.  I prefer to buy my games and other products in person with cash with nothing to identify me.  It is no ones business but mine what I buy and in what patterns.  With so many games now only sold online and only playable with an active internet connection there is little that I'd be willing to play even if it were otherwise attractive. 

Someone is bound to say "SFC being played online means you could be tracked" but the info on my computer and in the game on my ID was all false.  They would have to actually go to my ISP and persuade them to hand over my true info and without cause they wouldn't likely get it and wouldn't even know they didn't have it already anyhow.  Buying online with a credit card (which I have never had and don't want) takes away my privacy. 

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 11:45:42 pm »
I know GOG.com has some pretty good games on it for old timers like us. DRM free. of course you still have to use a CC to get them.

I am so looking forward to Pillers of Eternity. Looks like the next chapter in the Baldurs gate campaign, but with fresh ideas , and a great story.

but yeah, I seem to be fickle with games. Have a ton on my pc, but I've also been very distracted the last few months.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Kzinbane

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 12:42:47 pm »
Hi All -I just picked up SFC 1 from GOG and find it really funny that I can't remember what I'm doing any more.  It has been a few years!  Most of the online stuff now seems to have gone to the monster role playing side or really silly wargames like world of tanks or warships - look good but no realism at all.
I was looking to update my (yes, Lyran) models and trying to see if I could find any.  No luck so far.  The stock ones are OK, but I had some way back when a few Lyrans were fighting a guerrilla war against everyone else...

Offline RazalYllib

• Imperial Romulan Information Service-senior advisor
  • Lt.
    • IRIS
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 07:01:51 am »
This Romulan is currently doing the LOTRO thing on Landroval however, have recently wandered over to WoT and may migrate from there to warships (looks like that will be nice).

I have OP on my box and every couple months I fire it up and work on the campaign i started YEARS ago w/ the SFB mod (still impressive work after all this time).

Still fighting the good fight for kids at Dept of Children and Family Services, though I made the hard choice and transferred from the Child Abuse Hotline and now I pay the programmers and IT peeps that keep the Dept running.
I was getting burnt to a crisp there, the nature of the job was leaking into my personal life; 18 years was enough at ground zero for Child Protection.

From the above post, several of us "Taldrenites" have wandered into WoT, my wingman Reyam has also checked it out and found parallels to SFC, but he got himself banned 24 hr for friendly fire....must be the Romulan in him.
Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand
Says "don't you see?"
Gotta make it somehow
On the dreams you still believe
Don't give it up
You got an empty cup
Only love can fill
Only love can fill

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2015, 10:20:00 am »
This Romulan is currently doing the LOTRO thing on Landroval however, have recently wandered over to WoT and may migrate from there to warships (looks like that will be nice).

From the above post, several of us "Taldrenites" have wandered into WoT, my wingman Reyam has also checked it out and found parallels to SFC, but he got himself banned 24 hr for friendly fire....must be the Romulan in him.

WoWS is good and most that like WoT should be able to do fine ships, just remember that peed-a-boom is rarely a good move.
I am alright, it is the world that is wrong.

Offline FVA_C_ Blade_ XC

• Forum Czar
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Yep,I did it.
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2015, 05:33:39 am »
I can be found sitting on my couch.
Recovering from torn meniscus surgery.
As for gaming...no working PC.
FVA_C_Blade_XC
XenoCorp Fleet Operations
www.xenocorp.net
ISC Race Moderator
Visioneer
S.S.Blade

See Wade,See Wade post like an arse,See Wade get banned.
Dont be a Wade!

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2015, 07:45:56 am »
Hope you get better soon Blade.  Good seeing you again.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2015, 01:32:23 pm »
Obey doctors orders and don't over stress it until it is healed.  Get well soon Blade.

Offline RazalYllib

• Imperial Romulan Information Service-senior advisor
  • Lt.
    • IRIS
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2015, 07:28:16 am »
Excellent Advice.

In my PnP RPG dayz (rolemaster) the party I ran campaign for had a collective wisdom: The Healer is always right.
Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand
Says "don't you see?"
Gotta make it somehow
On the dreams you still believe
Don't give it up
You got an empty cup
Only love can fill
Only love can fill

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2015, 08:13:57 am »
Here wishing you a speedy recovery  :)

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2015, 01:41:44 pm »
Still in DDO, but it's dying.  Hopefully one day we'll have a new SFC game.
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2015, 01:32:15 am »
Doing World of Warships

Callsign is Chuut

Offline [UFP]Exeter

• SFC4 Dev
  • Lt. Commander
  • SFC4 Lead Developer
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2015, 11:38:40 am »
beenn doing lotro mostly

helped with sfc ce for a while, now working on sfc4.

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2015, 08:29:33 pm »
Space Engineers mostly.  Finishing up my MCP certifications, took my 70-642 test today, missed it by 15 points.  Be nice to get that out of the way and into a more consistent job.  After this is all done, I can get back to writing.  No I haven't forgotten about SFC4 or my Eugenics War/First Steps story.  I'm really looking forward to getting a story line going for SFC4.  :)  I'm also looking forward to have Khan get out a can of whoop ass.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline CaptJosh

• Lt.
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2015, 06:42:02 pm »
Well, I'm married with two beautiful daughters my wife brought to our family from a previous marriage, we have a baby on the way, and I'm attending college at the encouragement of my wife so that I can get a degree or two and some certifications in my chosen career field of IT.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.