Topic: The great Windows 10 compatibility thread  (Read 65221 times)

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
Re: The great Windows 10 compatibility thread
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2018, 12:37:24 pm »
i have orion pirates also but i think it might be working okay, no crash yet

If you are using the unofficial 2563 patch then it is always a good sign. ^^
"But he isn't wearing anything at all!" (The Emperor's New Clothes)

Offline AlDaja

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • SFC:III Troubleshooter
    • Starfleet Command Forums
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2018, 01:08:45 pm »
Hi

I am unable to get SFC3 to start at all on windows 10, i have added whatever patches i can but nothing works -

also i have SFC 2 eaw and it starts but crashes atfter a few minutes in game

i have orion pirates also but i think it might be working okay, no crash yet

also the in battle UI is confined to the top left of my screen, how do i make teh UI full screen to fit the 3d battle screen

I provided a link that some have been able to use that allows SFC:III to work with Windows 10.   If it works, great!  The link also has a couple of mods to try out.

http://www.moddb.com/members/aldaja
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.

Offline wb70

• Ensign
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2018, 04:16:27 am »
Hi,
Maybe you can help  ;)

SFC:EAW - Windows 10, obviously, runs fine, got 2036 and 2037 patches installed plus async=0 ini file mod.

Running in Windowed mode makes it a tiny litttle screen, so that's no fix, and 16-bit colour makes no differencey but I have the following probs:

1) General crashing
2) Background space colour is pale blue for the Klingons, and difficult to see anything (maybe the other non-Fed races too?).
3) If I could play at a higher res AND get the UI to scale that would be great.

All help appreciated  :D

Will.

PS: Just installed the CE patch and it won't run at all now :(, maybe it's not compatible :(
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 05:55:35 am by wb70 »

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2018, 09:49:25 am »
If I could play at a higher res AND get the UI to scale that would be great.

All help appreciated  :D

Will.

Hello Will,
If you wish to play at higher resolutions you should visit the topic bellow:

https://hotandspicyforums.com/sfc2-empires-at-war-unofficial-patch-2-037-t20068.html#p212438

Offline Komodo

• Jack of all trades
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Just send me the bill...
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2018, 10:55:31 pm »
Hi folks!

Yes, it's been quite a while since I logged in .. glad to see there's still some life here :) Problem is, if you can no longer get the game to work, there's not much point to it..

On that note, I'm happy to report that today I was able to successfully get SFC-OP going again today, thanks to this thread. So thanks for all the tips here! Now I can enjoy my favorite game again.

It's too bad that I can only play in windowed mode, it's kinda weird. Now, here's a strange problem I have. I have 3 versions of EZ-INI but it seems that none of them are able to edit the sfc.ini file. I don't know if that's a thing now... I can't imagine that it is. All I really want to do is get the volley damage to show, but I can't remember how to do it manually.

BTW, is there still an online player service available, like Gamespy used to do?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2018, 03:29:30 pm »
sfc.ini

[debug]
vollyinfo=1

Yes, volley is spelled incorrectly as volly. That will show the last three occurrences of hull damage on the reticle's upper-left corner.

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2018, 03:49:06 pm »

BTW, is there still an online player service available, like Gamespy used to do?

EvolveHQ parties work. But nobody is there. Gameranger might have 2 players for SFCOP.

Multiplayer competition was active a couple years ago: https://hotandspicyforums.com/multiplayer-competition-cycle-5-june-25-to-july-31-t18877.html

Offline Komodo

• Jack of all trades
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Just send me the bill...
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2018, 09:25:28 pm »
That did the trick- thanks!  Funny, I realized today that I should have been running the EZINI in WinXP compatible mode (haven't tried it yet, but makes sense)

I'll have to check out Gameranger sometime.. nice videos of game matches! Thoroughly enjoyed the show :D
Nothing ventured, nothing gained

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2018, 11:33:19 am »
You're welcome, Komodo.

EZini won't work perfectly with the 2.037 and 2.564 versions. High Def resolutions (widescreen) are chosen in sfc.ini through new height and width entries, instead of an arbitrary integer for "lowres". This way the CRC checks will be identical for all players, regardless of screen resolution. The custom data is external to Starfleet*.exe.

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2018, 01:04:34 am »
cool

Offline El_Capitan_4

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2018, 09:59:14 am »
Just followed every fix on here and I am happy to report I played through multiple skirmishes and it is still running strong!!!

Thanks everybody

Offline wingnut

• Ensign
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2019, 02:25:35 am »
Hello everyone,
I'm trying to run SFC3 on a Windows 10 Laptop and thanks to the updated .dll and running in window mode the game actually starts but in the actual battle any ships are not visible and the text boxes (tutorial messages, Comms menu...) are corrupted.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2019, 12:21:44 pm »
That is weird. I am surprised that the text messages are corrupted.

Are you using the widescreen patch?

Offline wingnut

• Ensign
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2019, 01:47:12 am »
No, I'm not using a widescreen patch - should I?

I'm using this [ur=http://www.moddb.com/games/star-trek-starfleet-command-3/downloads/sfc3-windows-10-compatibility-fixl]Windows 10 compatibility fix[/url] and the SFC3 534_b beta patch.

In addition I tried a couple of compatibility settings for the executable in Windows and played around with some of the .ini settings of the game.

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2019, 07:26:55 am »
Yes. Especially if you want to play multiplayer campaigns or take advantage of 1080x1920 resolution and HiDef textures.

The SFC_Launcher will adjust your sfc.ini properly.

https://hotandspicyforums.com/new-dynaverse-player-quick-start-guide-t26620.html

Offline wingnut

• Ensign
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2019, 01:12:21 pm »
Alright, I did a fresh installation. After installing the beta patch and the Open GL HD patch the text and ships are visible just fine!

Thank you for your help  :)

Offline ThatBillmanGuy

• DavidthyncAJ
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2020, 02:07:14 pm »
Alright, I did a fresh installation. After installing the beta patch and the Open GL HD patch the text and ships are visible just fine!

Thank you for your help  :)

WHERE did you find this? I've googled, and all I'm finding is Minecraft fixes.

Offline dfinan@charter.net

• Ensign
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2020, 11:00:31 am »
I am having issue getting Star Fleet Command Orion Pirates to run on my system I have installed the patch and developers kit . When I launch the game I get the intro as normal, when I escape out of it or when it completes I get an error, The procedure entry point MiniDumpWriteDump could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0346830.inf_amd64_35731e557194973d\B345901\atiumag.dll I am running a 2 monitor system have left the game in full screen mode as opposed to windowed in the .ini file. I am using a Ryzen 2 process and a Vega video card. Any suggestions to get this working would be appreciated really want to play this game again.

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2020, 11:56:13 am »
I am having issue getting Star Fleet Command Orion Pirates to run on my system I have installed the patch and developers kit . When I launch the game I get the intro as normal, when I escape out of it or when it completes I get an error, The procedure entry point MiniDumpWriteDump could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0346830.inf_amd64_35731e557194973d\B345901\atiumag.dll I am running a 2 monitor system have left the game in full screen mode as opposed to windowed in the .ini file. I am using a Ryzen 2 process and a Vega video card. Any suggestions to get this working would be appreciated really want to play this game again.

Check if installing the package bellow helps you with your issue

https://hotandspicyforums.com/dgvoodoo-reshade-jan2020-t27492.html

Offline dfinan@charter.net

• Ensign
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2020, 02:14:28 pm »
I went to that link downloaded it but the .rar file didnt have an SFClauncher in it?