Topic: AMAZING Planet Pack and SFC 3 SPACE Background Mod for SFC 2/CE/OP  (Read 13115 times)

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
I, Mudd's planet pack #1 is AWESOME. It should be THE standard STOCK planet replacement Mod for in SFC 2/CE/ OP.

His planet pack #2 has a DS9 style wormhole that should replace the STOCK space tornado-style wormhole/black hole but does not work for some reason. I think a model guru should have a look at why that can not be replaced.

As of this post I can not find the link to the I, Mudd planet packs to share. I do have both planet packs myself.

Also check this out:

http://www.moddb.com/games/star-trek-starfleet-command-3/downloads/sfc3-background-mod-full

The Space Backgrounds are FANTASTIC and work fine in SFC 2/CE/ OP but there is one problem: the SUN textures get messed up and flash a white SQUARE intermittently. It is my hope that somebody who knows how to fix this can do so.

Once the SUN problem is fixed, I think this should be the STOCK SPACE replacement for in SFC 2/CE/ OP.

Now for a SAMPLE of in game SFC CE and OP screenshots:

« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 10:36:53 am by Klingon Fanatic »
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
Re: AMAZING Planet Pack and SFC 3 SPACE Background Mod for SFC 2/CE/OP
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 10:55:13 am »
SFC: OP Platimus Run custom mission

The Sun texture issue is not present. It is not present in Look Who's Coming to Dinner Skirmish mission either.

However, there appears to be some missing textures in at least one SPACE model...

« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 11:22:09 am by Klingon Fanatic »
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 11:25:34 am »
Wow!!
Looks so great!  :D
You have to upload those I,Mudd's planet packs too!  ;D
"But he isn't wearing anything at all!" (The Emperor's New Clothes)

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Still Building Models Nobody Wants ...
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 01:02:55 pm »
Take a look in my Mudd's Models thread, about three posts down, and there is the links ye seek ...

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 01:21:38 pm »
Take a look in my Mudd's Models thread, about three posts down, and there is the links ye seek ...

Thanks I, Mudd!

I reinstalled SFC 3 on my laptop to get the SPACE textures from there and plugged in the new textures.

UPDATE: That did fix the missing texture problem. SFC: CE SUN texture still creates a White Square intermittently despite using the same textures as found in SFC: OP. Too bad SFC: CE could use these texture sets. Somebody must know how to fix the sun problem, adding the SFC 3 Sun textures to the TEXTURE file didn't  fix this in SFC: CE.

SFC: OP does not appear to have the missing SUN texture problem at all... STRANGE...
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 03:52:21 pm by Klingon Fanatic »
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline xeryx

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 04:01:26 pm »
Does anyone know how to fix the missing space texture issue (in SFC2OP)? Using these textures? It appears as a giant white space in space....this stinks I want HD textures! LOL

It is like the pack is missing a texture for the 3d model?  if someone can help me, maybe a rename of an existing texture is all it needs?

I tried reinstalling all of I Mudd's textures, but it seems that there is one assigned texture not showing up in some of the models. Maybe there is another space background mod out there?

BTW Great work on them, I Mudd, the ones that work are fantastic!...crickets chirping....

Thank you
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 05:11:23 pm by xeryx »

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 03:50:14 pm »
Adam, here in Dyna, made one of the the best space background pack of all times. Did you miss it? :)
"But he isn't wearing anything at all!" (The Emperor's New Clothes)

Offline xeryx

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2016, 01:44:19 pm »
Yes, where can I find it? I have been out of the loop for a long time.  Actually, I don't think I was ever in the loop!

@ IMUDD May I use your textures, in my mod?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 08:17:22 am by xeryx »

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2016, 05:34:49 pm »
Adam took them down some time ago.  You can try messaging him, but don't know if he'll respond.

Offline xeryx

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2016, 06:33:53 pm »
Thank you!

I have figured out all of the space models and have been making my own HD pack.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2017, 12:28:38 am »
Just an FYI, Firesoul released his latest OP+ shiplist with models and included a rehardpointed planet mesh I had worked with him on. Im sure the textures could be replaced, but the mesh cannot without breaking the planet hardpoint fix we implemented in his shiplist. Currently, I dont know where to get his shiplist with models. Does anyone?

Offline Javora

• Commander
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2017, 06:31:22 am »
Did he happen to upload it to this site in the download section?  I don't know what the latest version is so I couldn't tell just by looking.  Can you ask him to stop by and post it here?

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
Odo :    
"Being accused of a crime is not a disgrace, Chief. Some of the great figures of history have shared the honour with you."
to O'Brien
DS9 : Tribunal

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2017, 11:26:41 pm »
TY, Capn Adam. Javora, I'm assuming that Firesoul's rehardpointed planets do not have these updated planet textures. If that is the case, any ideas on who would be willing to create a texture replacement DL using the ones referenced on this thread so we can just drop in the files and overwrite the textures in Firsoul's mod? Again, assuming that he used default texture name paths.

Offline Javora

• Commander
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2017, 12:03:32 am »
Okay, where can we find the latest OP+ mod?

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2017, 03:31:24 am »
Adam just linked it. Read above

Offline Javora

• Commander
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2017, 04:20:12 am »
Ah, got it thanks.

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2017, 04:25:16 am »
TY, Capn Adam. Javora, I'm assuming that Firesoul's rehardpointed planets do not have these updated planet textures. If that is the case, any ideas on who would be willing to create a texture replacement DL using the ones referenced on this thread so we can just drop in the files and overwrite the textures in Firsoul's mod? Again, assuming that he used default texture name paths.

I'm in the process of doing a replacement pack for planetary objects, some are converted from various games, others are new personal creations, when it's complete I will post the details, for now this is the location where new developments will be posted.

http://www.hotandspicyforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22615

Which Firesoul OP pack has the planet HPs corrected so I can take them and graft them into my new improved planet models?

And also Dizzy, I did a new Space Background, version 2.0 is the latest, DL for some fun until I finish the new project.
Download: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqOr-rxeV4uQhC1iqbiDrowrNAFG

Adam
Odo :    
"Being accused of a crime is not a disgrace, Chief. Some of the great figures of history have shared the honour with you."
to O'Brien

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2017, 04:31:20 am »
On a side note, I know the OP planetary HPs were bugged in the original shiplist/models, that being said, Carlos and Tim have corrected these issues in the new and upcoming OP patch coming out soon, all the HPs will be correctly displayed and utilized the way they should, so... this may no longer be an issue, once fixed the planets HPs will be accurate.

Odo :    
to O'Brien

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2017, 06:04:10 am »
I dont know you carlos or tim. I dont know what you know about the planetary HP's being bugged, but I fully know. And I dont know whats been done to fix them since Firesoul fixed them with my help. Since then he has fixed (refined) them yet again. And you saying the planet HP's will be accurate... according to what criteria? Since you're going to release a patch and it appears you are the SFC torch bearer, let's talk about it because I'd like to see it done right and I'd like to make sure you guys know more than I do. I created an account at that new site. We can move the discussion there if you like.