Topic: Blizzard 2016 NYC  (Read 5509 times)

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
Blizzard 2016 NYC
« on: January 24, 2016, 12:33:36 pm »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 06:11:59 pm by Captain Adam »
Odo :    
"Being accused of a crime is not a disgrace, Chief. Some of the great figures of history have shared the honour with you."
to O'Brien
DS9 : Tribunal

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
Re: Blizzard 2016 NYC
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 01:19:45 pm »
You got hammered and they have to clear the main routes before they can hit the main drags. Even here in Minnesota after a storm like that it could be a day or two before they get to the side streets. You pictures are exactly why the travel ban was put in place, imagine the mess with cars stalled out all over the place blocking the roads so they can't be plowed.
I am alright, it is the world that is wrong.

Online Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 01:54:58 pm »
Keep warm and safe guys. 
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 02:44:44 pm »
Reminds me of my time in Colorado. After a big storm we would have to jump out of a window in order to shovel out the doorways just so we could open the door without fear of an avalanche.  :buck2:

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 12:32:59 pm »
At least the department of sanitation isn't destroying parked cars this time.

Online Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 03:04:36 pm »
Hopefully you guys weathered things well.  Didn't get enough to worry about here and that has all melted. 
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline [UFP]Exeter

• SFC4 Dev
  • Lt. Commander
  • SFC4 Lead Developer
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2016, 09:32:00 am »
more on the way

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2016, 10:30:13 am »
I sent my video clip to the local news station, they investigated, it appears the Mayor sold off the responsibility of plowing the tertiary streets to private contractors in order to reduce NYC Santitation Overtime. In the contract it stated that the private contractors only had to plow the streets once and that's all, so they plowed when it was still coming down, never returned and that's why I got footage of NYC Sanitation staring at the street and then driving away. They weren't going to plow the streets they weren't getting compensated for. Smh. All politics as usual.

Jeesh, what a mess, that contract is ripe for abuse such as plowing long before the storm is done. Did you ever get clean up there?

Online Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2016, 12:02:46 pm »
Hope it improves for you guys.  Mines above freezing and above the norms for this time of year for the next week. 

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2016, 12:20:28 pm »
We are having a January thaw, 42 degrees here at my house right now the snow is melting like crazy.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2016, 07:31:17 pm »
A little late, but damn, Hope all is well with ya by now.

That was something scary to watch as the news reports came in.
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline [UFP]Exeter

• SFC4 Dev
  • Lt. Commander
  • SFC4 Lead Developer
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2016, 12:56:50 pm »
the now retung tuesday then new york couple days later, hope no more games with the snowplwing