Topic: Starfleet Command Orion Pirates 2500-2563 HD (Unofficial Patch)  (Read 123373 times)

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
Re: SFCOP HD patch
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2016, 08:54:50 pm »
Somebody post their Windows 10 SFC OP ini file please.

I got this to work only once using HD 16:10

[3D]
wireframe=1
windowed=1
zbuffer=1
lowres=6
driver=1
backdrop=1
shipstacking=1
ambientlighting=0.20
luminancetextures=1
luminancedamagetextures=1
spacedust=1

The above settings produce this:

No idea why having Wireframe=1 is the only way to have the screen improvements show up but mess with the model textures.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 09:30:39 pm by Klingon Fanatic »
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2016, 11:01:07 pm »
Was Tar that made the "aaStrings.txt" and "quicktips.txt" files and produced the v2561 exe to be customizable with SFC Editor.
He also fixed some things on the "sprites.q3".
Then i changed it in a way to enable HD to work.
And if he says it is better to overwrite them, i trust on him. I also don't know everything.

The aaStrings.txt was edited to match button text with button function. It made no sense that "Offline" would set plasma torpedoes to "Defensive" mode in certain UIs! The quicktips.txt was edited so that the cursor doesn't obstruct the text. It was also corrected for some errors. But, yeah, I turn off tips. But new players would want them to be accurate, so I didn't ignore this feature.

If you use a modified aaStrings.txt, I can edit it to work with this patch.

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2016, 03:35:08 am »
I got this to work only once using HD 16:10

No idea why having Wireframe=1 is the only way to have the screen improvements show up but mess with the model textures.

Dunno if it is going to help but here it is...  http://pastebin.com/j5DZxjUW

Looking at the screenshot you posted, it really looks strange.
It looks more of a graphic card issue...
Even changing windowed= or wireframe= in my game, doesn't affect it. It looks fine.

You can try to create a backup, and do a "clean install" + "2552" + "hd patch" to check if it is interacting with something else.
Like the wierd problem i had yesterday, that only the mirak interface was not working. Had to reinstall.

We also need to be carefull choosing the right HD pack. If your current monitor resolution is not listed there, it will not work.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 06:19:59 am by d4v1ks »
"But he isn't wearing anything at all!" (The Emperor's New Clothes)

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2016, 08:25:54 am »
On my XP rig:

Quicktips - Working. I assume the slight move to the right with the blank space on the left is intentional? I didn't check every one though.

UI buttons doing what they say in every interface - I don't know what was changed so it is hard to test.

Lowres settings with monitor set to 1920x1080, 16:9 patch -

0=works, but everything is stretched out like it was if you were on an HD monitor using the game w/o the screen mod.

1=works, but severely distorted to the point of not being able to play the game.

2=game wont even load, just flashes briefly and goes to desktop.

3=game wont even load, just flashes briefly and goes to desktop.

4=unsupported monitor mode, kills the monitor.

5=works, but everything is stretched out like it was if you were on an HD monitor using the game w/o the screen mod; also everything is shifted slightly to the left enough to bury all of the ship UI readouts off screen.

6=works friggin' awesome!!!!!!!   :smitten:

I know not every setting was tweaked, but thought I'd give a full report.

And yes, the phots and fighter hellbores are back to "normal"  :(

EDIT: Almost forgot - Mirak H&R Pause Button - Works.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 09:28:22 am by Corbomite »

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2016, 09:16:20 am »
Then we should probably look into the actual possibility of adding new/redundant readouts in that dead space like we wish to do.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2016, 09:30:12 am »
From the CE Patch notes:

-New Hotkeys: Fire Pseudo Plasma, Toggle Marine Raids, Convert Shuttles, Select All Weapons.

Does this apply to OP and if so how do we access/program them?

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2016, 09:51:31 am »
Just a quick eyeball measurement seems to allow for either two more of the upper/larger MFDs or one more upper MFD and two more lower/smaller MFDs in the dead space at the bottom left of the screen (at 1920x1080). If we could impose those on that space and have them all work independently of each other mixed with the new backdrops Adam is working on I think my eyes would fall out of my head.  :o

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2016, 12:10:48 pm »
Quote from: Corbomite
Quicktips - Working. I assume the slight move to the right with the blank space on the left is intentional? I didn't check every one though.

UI buttons doing what they say in every interface - I don't know what was changed so it is hard to test.

And yes, the phots and fighter hellbores are back to "normal".

On my machine (Win 7), the cursor frequently obstructs the quicktip. The blank space preceding the text is intentional. If your cursor is covered by the quicktip, then this modification is, of course, pointless.

Check the Lyran Fusion Beam panel. You'll notice the unusual, but accurate, button labels. I think I could repair them in a more elegant manner today, but it's a good project for someone else to get his/her feet wet in hex editing.

The Proximities can be configured with the SFC_Editor. I'm not sure about the Fighter Hellbores...I think you change the 3 to a 2 in maximum range bracket. 0 = 0k-1.9k, 1 = 2.0k-2.9k, 2 = 3.0k-4.9k,  3 = 5.0k-8.9k.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2016, 12:15:32 pm »
I tried the hex editor and sprites editor in XP. It says I need some NET Framework thing. They don't open.

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2016, 12:30:05 pm »
From the CE Patch notes:

-New Hotkeys: Fire Pseudo Plasma, Toggle Marine Raids, Convert Shuttles, Select All Weapons.

Does this apply to OP and if so how do we access/program them?

These hotkeys are coded, but they're not enabled in OP. Taldren limited the amount of hotkeys to match the options menu. Some, like "Fire Pseudoes" and "Revive Ship" were not included. To enable these two hotkeys, something like "Yellow Alert" and "HET Left" would need to be swapped out.

Several days of study with a disassembler will reveal them. I never began the IDA/hex-editing process to put them into OP.

So for now, new hotkeys are a Community Edition feature.

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2016, 12:55:58 pm »
I tried the hex editor and sprites editor in XP. It says I need some NET Framework thing. They don't open.
It may be possible to edit StarfleetOP.exe on a thumbdrive attached to a Windows 7, 8, 10 computer that has .NET framework installed. Sure this is annoying. The SFC_Editor requires StarfleetOP.exe, offsets.txt, and SFC_Editor_4_OP.bat. These assets don't have to be part of a working game.

Or one of us can easily send you the modified OP exe that you want. It takes 15 seconds to tweak the Proximites and HellF's.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2016, 01:03:21 pm »
It may be possible to edit StarfleetOP.exe on a thumbdrive attached to a Windows 7, 8, 10 computer that has .NET framework installed. Sure this is annoying. The SFC_Editor requires StarfleetOP.exe, offsets.txt, and SFC_Editor_4_OP.bat. These assets don't have to be part of a working game.

Or one of us can easily send you the modified OP exe that you want. It takes 15 seconds to tweak the Proximites and HellF's.

Yeah, that's what I figured. When I get more time I'll have to learn how to read that gobbledygook and try to help you guys out.

If you are willing to tweak those again for me that'd be cool, but this time I think I'll wait until we are sure we are done with general updates to OP that we all want.

What do you think the chances are that we can paste new MFDs into that unused screen area?

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2016, 01:06:08 pm »

The tools were build using that framework. It is available for XP.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=17851

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2016, 01:07:01 pm »
On my machine (Win 7), the cursor frequently obstructs the quicktip. The blank space preceding the text is intentional. If your cursor is covered by the quicktip, then this modification is, of course, pointless.

No, it works as you intended. I'd be nice if the space could be filled with some sort of icon that the cursor could rest upon, but if you're limited to keyboard icons that might not work.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2016, 01:08:18 pm »

The tools were build using that framework. It is available for XP.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=17851

Cool, let's give that a spin.

Ooops! Requires an internet connection during install. My XP machine can't be hooked up, at least not easily. I might try the remote edit on my 8.1 laptop.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2016, 02:39:08 pm »
OK, I copied an entire Taldren folder onto a thumb drive and installed the patch directly into the SFCOP file as per instructions in 8.1. The Q3 editor opens up just fine. I didn't do anything because I have no idea how to use it yet, but at least it appears to be working fine.

The hex editor still refuses to open, saying it can't find the file and the version specifically references SFC:CE. The d.net editor screen does appear with several boxes of choices underneath the error message though.

Any thoughts?

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2016, 03:17:51 pm »
The hex editor still refuses to open

You have to execute the "StarFleetOP_HexEdit.bat" file. It instructs the SFC_Editor to open the rigth exe and offsets.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2016, 03:28:45 pm »
The hex editor still refuses to open

You have to execute the "StarFleetOP_HexEdit.bat" file. It instructs the SFC_Editor to open the rigth exe and offsets.

That did it.  :rwoot:

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2016, 08:15:43 am »
My windows 10 SFCOP us able to use 16:9 low res=5

It's like a whole new game! When Captain Adam's space backgrounds are done this will be even better.

Nice work!

« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 09:45:27 am by Klingon Fanatic »
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2016, 10:04:23 am »
d4v1ks - keep up the great work!!! I can't wait to see what you do next!

A note before I forget: When I was experimenting with 16:10 I noted that I kept getting an error message that cited NWMissionConfig as not having been installed properly. I have not had that problem at all with 16:9.

Corbomite, I installed your SFCOP.exe and then ran the 16:9 patch. Runs great thanks for sharing.

FOAS' Mirak DD, retextured Mirak fighters, custom asteroids by I, Mudd (wow think SW: Empire Strikes Back rotating asteroids!), Sunspider (replaces a STOCK Astrominer) and a FASA Chandley.

HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC