Topic: We see you!  (Read 44939 times)

Offline Strat

• Retired
  • EAW Update Crew
  • Lt. Commander
Re: We see you!
« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2016, 12:40:31 pm »
I could kick myself in the teeth for throwing another grenade in the thread...

Perhaps I'm overly simplistic... Aren't we probably just dealing with some pent up 'upset' (yes some of it valid)? Why don't we just step back and cool off before we do more things that won't benefit anybody? Just look at this thread.. One or two posts and BAM... An explosion...

Don't lose sight of the other truth is that there has been lots of good work done here recently.. It's a shame to let it all go to waste because of a temporary morass. Just watch when things settle what potential there still could be.

I've been on this forum for a decade now.. There is nothing new going on this week that warrants throwing in the towel. Unless you just really, really want to.

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2016, 12:46:05 pm »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 04:48:56 am by Captain Adam »
Odo :    
"Being accused of a crime is not a disgrace, Chief. Some of the great figures of history have shared the honour with you."
to O'Brien
DS9 : Tribunal

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2016, 01:00:28 pm »
I'm only requesting that under the freedom of information act and data protection act which are codified under British law that all my posts and the account associated with them be removed.

I'm not falling for this tired old cycle any more. I'm tired of the infighting and the backstabbing behind closed doors.

I will not see other people attacked because of my actions. Using guilt by association is the final straw. Moderators could have stepped in long ago but they didn't, they stood by and allowed things to devolve. It's like they wanted the drama to continue to bring people back.

That is uncalled for and unjustified. It is an act of desperation. An act which I oppose with every fibre of my being.

I will not let anyone bully me out either I do this of my own free will. I will be the better person and simply refuse to play the game any longer.
I will not allow what I have worked so hard over, for the last decade be used to prop up this farce any longer.

I am serious I want nothing more to do with this forum. I won't say anything more. Because I will not be associated with cowards and bleeding hearts, victim card playing narcissists who want to get the last word in on everything.

If I could delete my account myself I would do so. But there is no option of doing so. So I'm left to make that request publicly.

All my points in this thread have been valid. Management chose to ignore them all and just assign blame. My way of "resetting" is to simply leave. Corb can have his petty victory as not even Frey can get through to corb and past his insanity.

I will not be drawn into these tiresome games and drama any longer.

I leave knowing that what I've said and the inactions that surround it speak for themselves.
However you want to take it. I have access to another forum to continue my work. I will not have what I spend my time on be soiled by people in here any longer.

I've seen enough drama in here over the years to know that all that has to be said is one little thing and the cycle begins again. Thanks but no thanks. I quit I'm done! you win and I'm gone simple as that.
All that remains are ashes caused by neglect and self loathing

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #103 on: April 04, 2016, 01:18:05 pm »
Hey I thought it was over, but before I sip my morning coffee I get a PM from Corb wanting to end a once amicable collaboration. Clearly people can't just let the sh*t go and feel the need to keep the flame lit instead of letting it die down. Makes no sense to me whatsoever. This is out of control. Some threads need to be locked for good so the drama can finally end but finding a moderator is harder then ending the EU refugee crisis. So I guess we most all wear some sunscreen in order to keep the flames from burning us alive.

One must embrace the flame, become one with it.

I still don't even know why you guys are fighting.
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
« Reply #104 on: April 04, 2016, 01:38:00 pm »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 04:49:12 am by Captain Adam »
Odo :    
"Being accused of a crime is not a disgrace, Chief. Some of the great figures of history have shared the honour with you."
to O'Brien
DS9 : Tribunal

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #105 on: April 04, 2016, 02:37:03 pm »
I'm only requesting that under the freedom of information act and data protection act which are codified under British law that all my posts and the account associated with them be removed.

Dynaverse.net is not under British jurisdiction.  1776 and all that. 
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #106 on: April 04, 2016, 03:14:00 pm »

Dynaverse.net is not under British jurisdiction.  1776 and all that. 

Doesn't matter the First Amendment of the American Constitution which is technically valid for the entire internet still allows me to make that case. My right to free speech and the right to protect my data under the federation of electronic freedoms still allows my request is still valid.

I hold the intellectual property rights of what I have said and done. Will you deny me that right?

Come on Nemesis, you've been waiting to bust me and shut me up already. So just do it. Or do you want to prove how inept you and the management here are.

I have the right to have what I have posted through the history of my stay on this forum to be removed. Do you really want to start another flame war because someone wants to leave and You refuse to enable said request?
All that remains are ashes caused by neglect and self loathing

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #107 on: April 04, 2016, 07:20:16 pm »
Doesn't matter the First Amendment of the American Constitution which is technically valid for the entire internet still allows me to make that case. My right to free speech and the right to protect my data under the federation of electronic freedoms still allows my request is still valid.

I hold the intellectual property rights of what I have said and done. Will you deny me that right?

You had your free speech and your copyright was exercised.  That does not give you the right to erase what was published by you freely.  It doubly does not force others to go around erasing what you published and regret now. 

Come on Nemesis, you've been waiting to bust me and shut me up already. So just do it. Or do you want to prove how inept you and the management here are.

????  Are you crazy?  The ONLY people I have ever muted are spammers.  I even have avoided moderating certain individuals who would go ballistic and get banned merely because it was ME that moderated them (I got other moderators who would not get the same response on the case so the moderation was done).  I have NEVER argued for banning someone at most I have accepted that the ban that was proposed by others was fair.  I HATE seeing people banned.

I have the right to have what I have posted through the history of my stay on this forum to be removed. Do you really want to start another flame war because someone wants to leave and You refuse to enable said request?

Already covered earlier in this post.  You had your say and have no right to force others to go around erasing it. 

If you leave it is your choice just as it was your choice to arrive and post what you have.  Frey and the Admins have the free choice to ban or not ban you to delete your posts and or accounts or not to delete them. 
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2016, 09:47:46 pm »
I know for a fact, in the past Nem has asked me to step in, when he caught something as well, due to them throwing a sh*t fit in the past, because it was him.

Guys, I'm part of the problem here. I'll admit it. My wife has just had her knees replaced, about 3 weeks ago, and even leading up to that, had my time fully taken. Prior to that, I was getting our new home moved in, after our old one was torn to hell by a Tornado. (BTW thanks again Frey for driving all the way up from Texas, and feeding my family after that happened. I'll never forget that at all.)

I do try and read each thread, and man Have I deleted a bunch of spammers. I do apologize for not being as active , and as much as I love Frey, I have to take some Family time first (heck Frey even agrees with me on that).

That being said, I'll try and be more active, although to be honest, after what, 20 years, I think we have all heard the same old stories before.

FW, man, I am sorry that you are feeling marginalized here.  you are a good guy, hell I would never have asked you to help moderate the models forum if I thought otherwise. I always figured if there was something wrong there, I'd see it in a report to mod section, or see a thread in the mod lounge.

Shoot fellers, I think maybe you all should just take a step back, fill up the car with gas, and come out to visit, have a beer, and then decide what ya want to do.  Please guys, never make a choice like this when pissed, walk away for a while, and most of all, let's give some props to those who have done a lot for us here. From Mods to coders, to model makers, etc. etc. you guys do deserve a kudos as far as I'm concerned.

Anyways, Hell, blame me , I can take it, I got huge shoulders,.

The only other thing I can offer, is that in any private forum, there is no right to free speech. It's just not covered. I understand the anger, but even if it was, it would take a month at least to Delete every single post made by a person. Well, unless Crim decided to work his magic again.
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #109 on: April 05, 2016, 06:59:34 am »
Well, unless Crim decided to work his magic again.

Assuming the mass deletion didn't cause a "Crim" again by itself. 

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2016, 08:43:16 am »
Haha, exactly. ahh yeah, the good ole days , when Crim decided to "Enforce" the law , wiping out a certain beloved Moderators posts.
I think it took out that one dude who made the "Time Line" stuff, tying in the books with the movies.
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2016, 09:55:32 am »
I know that certain threads that I posted in at the time are gone. 

A little story that no one here knows that might show FW just how wrong he is about me.

Back when we had Karma certain people here had negative values in the 3 digit range.  I personally set out to put them positive though it took months.  I expanded it to ANYONE with negative karma at all, including the guy who I knew (mod access to karma logs) routinely dinged me and was responsible for almost all my negative karma.  I raised most of those people to a karma of 100 positive, even banned individuals who were banned for all the right reasons.  (I'm sure Stephen knows who it was that was dinging me as he commented in the Mod forum about it - but please keep it to yourself Stephen ;) ).  I could have raised a stink about the Karma bombing as some forum members did but I didn't I merely kept his karma on the + range regardless of his actions to me. 

So I'm not the type to be frothing at the mouth wanting to ban/mute you FW more the opposite, someone who would salvage the situation if I knew how and had the power.  If I was that type there are others who would have been far above you on the list and I can't see any reason why I of all people would want to have you banned, I've barely seen any of your posts outside this thread. 

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2016, 10:20:00 am »
*POOF*

Hiya  fellas!

I heard my name three times....so what can I break for ya?

Arms?..legs?...forums?

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2016, 10:21:52 am »
I thought that only worked with Derek Sm ...lost connection...

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2016, 10:32:17 am »
*POOF*

Hiya  fellas!

Arms?..legs?...forums?

Let's test a theory . . .

Nannerslug

Nannerslug

Nannerslug
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2016, 10:34:18 am »
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 03:55:25 pm by d4v1ks »
"But he isn't wearing anything at all!" (The Emperor's New Clothes)

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2016, 12:18:06 pm »
*POOF*

Hiya  fellas!

Arms?..legs?...forums?

Let's test a theory . . .

Nannerslug

Nannerslug

Nannerslug

I'll have to see what I can do, I still see Paul's dad on STO every now and then.

@ Nem ROFL @ Derek smart.

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2016, 08:57:29 am »
...the hell guys??

Reading this thread I feel like that cat in the GBU gif

sigh

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2016, 12:39:04 pm »
Yeah, guys, Gonna lock this one up.