Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
We see you!
« on: March 02, 2016, 08:47:35 pm »
Community!!

We've seen what you've been doing.......

I'm getting some things spun up, and will be talking to Corbo this week.

Stay tuned, Starfleet Command lovers!

- Frey
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
Re: We see you!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 01:05:49 pm »
This makes me curious..... What's up your sleeve Frey?
Does it involve anything to do with SFC3?
All that remains are ashes caused by neglect and self loathing

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 06:20:50 pm »
The Community appreciates being seen, Frey.

We are doing our part to keep this grand old game alive. Long live SFC.  :)

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 01:14:57 pm »
4 weeks to crack the sprites.q3 and write the q3_editor,
2 days to discover and make the HD patches.
3 afternoons to discover, fix and test the gamespy fix.
1 evening to add random nebulas and a custom shield texture to SFC OP.
1 hour to figure out how to expand the model list of the SFC CE game to match SFC OP.

Do you see the pattern?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 06:22:36 pm by d4v1ks »
"But he isn't wearing anything at all!" (The Emperor's New Clothes)

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 11:41:14 pm »
4 weeks to crack the sprites.q3 and write the q3_editor,
2 days to discover and make the HD patches.
3 afternoons to discover, fix and test the gamespy fix.
1 evening to add random nebulas and a custom shield texture to SFC OP.
1 hour to figure out how to expand the model list of the SFC CE game to match SFC OP.

Do you see the pattern?
the geometric progression of knowledge ;)
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 09:50:18 pm »

I thought everyone would be happy with what we have achieved since December last year.
This was all done in less than four months.
But the truth is that not everyone thought the same way.
Maybe it is just me, but i imagine that this brief progress bothered some people.
For example, although Strat and Frey had shown some initial interest, and contacted me, offering any help i could need, that quickly dissipated and turned into indifference.
Noone shared any kind of useful information, that could had helped in something, and improved the speed of development of these things.
Overall, i got disappointed with this.
The only people who had the power to contribute to something bigger or better, do not share the vision of making SFC a better game, and prefer to see it as a memory of what it was once.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 07:33:00 pm by d4v1ks »

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 09:53:04 pm »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 04:49:45 am by Captain Adam »
Odo :    
"Being accused of a crime is not a disgrace, Chief. Some of the great figures of history have shared the honour with you."
to O'Brien
DS9 : Tribunal

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2016, 10:32:09 am »
I thought everyone would be happy with what we have achieved since December last year.
Maybe it is just me, but i imagine that this brief progress bothered some people.
For example, although Strat and Frey had shown some initial interest, and contacted me, offering any help i could need, that quickly dissipated and turned into indifference.
Noone shared any kind of useful information, that could had helped in something, and improved the speed of development of these things.
The only people who had the power to contribute to something bigger or better, do not share the vision of making SFC a better game, and prefer to see it as a memory of what it was once.
For many hours i read the forums here in Dynaverse, and felt empathy for all the dedication given to this game, a game that revolves around a universe that we admire and enjoy.
Maybe there was a lack of vision to the people who could have made a difference.
So, i hope some of you have appreciated all the work and time dedicated to produce these small tools and modifications.
Like many of the talented people ignored along the years, i also announce my retirement of any kind of active development of tools and modifications, related with any of the current SFC games.
Long live SFC.

This is the third straight time Frey has squandered a Golden Goose. I really don't know what his problem is. How much more proof does he need?

Your decision is , of course, yours. Thanks for your work. I know I enjoy my game more because of it.

And now, a song that reflects your feelings of hard work with no appreciation:

! No longer available

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2016, 10:46:29 am »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 04:49:58 am by Captain Adam »
Odo :    
"Being accused of a crime is not a disgrace, Chief. Some of the great figures of history have shared the honour with you."
to O'Brien

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2016, 11:18:57 am »

For many hours i read the forums here in Dynaverse, and felt empathy for all the dedication given to this game, a game that revolves around a universe that we admire and enjoy.
Maybe there was a lack of vision to the people who could have made a difference.
So, i hope some of you have appreciated all the work and time dedicated to produce these small tools and modifications.
Like many of the talented people ignored along the years, i also announce my retirement of any kind of active development of tools and modifications, related with any of the current SFC games.
Long live SFC.

I can't tell you what to do I can however ask. Please don't retire. Your continued involvement, knowledge and skills within this community are too valuable to loose. Just because some people don't recognise your presence, does not mean the rest of us feel the same way. I don't even play EAW/OP/CE and even I recognise all the effort and time you have sunk into it.

I admit that management such as Frey have shown less than ZERO acknowledgement of anything that has been done recently. Frey doesn't even answer the messages I've sent over skype let alone PM's here, even the threads asking for fresh Moderators who are active was ignored by management.

It's almost seems like he and the rest of the management don't give 2 f*cks about the community any more. Which is ultimately their loss not ours. 

Do not let their lack of anything pull you down. Just keep plodding on and do what you feel you must. If that means you retire then so be it. As I said I can't tell you what to do.

Just remember that if you do retire. Those of us here who do appreciate your contributions will welcome you back should you return.

A message to Management..... Get involved already before the community completely disbands.
Your collective dis-interest and inactions are getting ridiculous, you are driving away members of the community by not interacting with anyone unless it suits your own needs.... *Cough* SFC4 *cough*

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2016, 02:29:00 pm »
d4v1ks, your work here has been nothing short of amazing.  Let me ask this, what do you need to continue working on this project?  Is it admin rights or site reorganization?  With Strat's retirement after the initial release of CE you and Tar are all we have left as Exeter's health issues seems to have left him unable to contribute.

Offline [UFP]Exeter

• SFC4 Dev
  • Lt. Commander
  • SFC4 Lead Developer
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2016, 02:58:49 pm »
I try when I can but concur with sentiments.  SFC will continur on with or without us.

Sorry for my health issues, I am 61 aned disabled.

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2016, 03:17:02 pm »
d4v1ks, your work here has been nothing short of amazing.  Let me ask this, what do you need to continue working on this project?

See you are appreciated dude.

Damn good point. What can the community do for you d4v1ks? Since you've given the community so much.

Offline Javora

• Commander
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2016, 07:34:03 am »
I try when I can but concur with sentiments.  SFC will continur on with or without us.

Sorry for my health issues, I am 61 aned disabled.

No big deal Exeter.  I knew you had problems with your vision for a while.  I wasn't trying to come off as insulting.  Hope you get better soon.

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2016, 07:13:29 pm »
what do you need to continue working on this project?

For example, taking a look at the mission api tutorial wrote by Nuclear Vessels, he asked:

"WHERE TO GET DYNAVERSE INFO INSIDE THE MISSION SCRIPT?
Once the mission has begun, somehow we would like to determine what the "outside universe" looks like. I would happily kill for any method of doing this!!!!!!!"

It's insane that the "community" has to work in complete darkness.
It just doesn't make any sense for me.
Why should someone spent 4 months writing something that he could have done in a week?
Information is a very powerfull thing.
It is really stupid that someone looking at hexadecimals could do things, that people with all the information in hands, said to be impossible.
It really doesn't make any diference that Taldren donated the code to the community.
Noone has added or improved anything on it.
If you install the SFC EAW and SFC CE on a windows 10 machine, would you notice any diference?
If i add the HD patch to EAW, the new logo, and the gamespy fix to it, if i setup a working server, would you even notice CE is better in any way?
Is the I.A. in CE better than in EAW? Is there any serverkit available for download? Mission api?
Strat, Exeter and Frey, did you had fun trying out the hd patch and the gamespy fix? Did you enjoyed navigate trought the Q3_Editor images?
Why you need to fool people with big words and announcements, just to let them down?

Take it with a grain of salt...
There are things much more important than games in our lives.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 08:03:15 pm by d4v1ks »

Offline Tiberius

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2016, 08:13:26 pm »
what do you need to continue working on this project?

For example, taking a look at the mission api tutorial wrote by Nuclear Vessels, he asked:

"WHERE TO GET DYNAVERSE INFO INSIDE THE MISSION SCRIPT?
Once the mission has begun, somehow we would like to determine what the "outside universe" looks like. I would happily kill for any method of doing this!!!!!!!"

It's insane that the "community" has to work in complete darkness.
It just doesn't make any sense for me.
Why should someone spent 4 months writing something that he could have done in a week?
Information is a very powerfull thing.
It is really stupid that someone looking at hexadecimals could do things, that people with all the information in hands, said to be impossible.
It really doesn't make any diference that Taldren donated the code to the community.
Noone has added or improved anything on it.
If you install the SFC EAW and SFC CE on a windows 10 machine, would you notice any diference?
If i add the HD patch to EAW, the new logo, and the gamespy fix to it, if i setup a working server, would you even notice CE is better in any way?
Is the I.A. in CE better than in EAW? Is there any serverkit available for download? Mission api?
Strat, Exeter and Frey, did you had fun trying out the hd patch and the gamespy fix? Did you enjoyed navigate trought the Q3_Editor images?
Why you need to fool people with big words and announcements, just to let them down?

Take it with a grain of salt...
There are things much more important than games in our lives.

I feel your pain brother...

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2016, 08:18:49 pm »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 04:50:16 am by Captain Adam »
Odo :    
to O'Brien

Offline Strat

• Retired
  • EAW Update Crew
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2016, 06:55:48 pm »
Community,

I am sorry I have discouraged you from continuing your work. I did step back to let you have room to express yourself and to get out of the way. The truth is everyone's work has been outstanding, and your progress was too fast for me to keep up! You didn't need me!

It's always my goal to enable other people to pick up the torch and surpass me. I'm sorry I am not on all the time to monitor all the things people have created for the game, including many, many people who have worked for the past 15 years on SFC, whom I have known. When I felt you all had the torch in hand, I got out of your way and focused on Real Life. You are obviously very capable creators!

As for the 'big picture', the truth is this game is nearly 15 years old with a small dedicated community. Many people here now and before us have invested hundreds of hours, sweat, and tears to make things a reality. In the end what seems to harm it are the creators' ability to work together. Here I am, I have offended another person by not even checking the forums! In the end, how some of you feel is exactly how I felt, and what caused me to take a break from active development.

I am sorry some of you may feel something negative towards me. It wasn't what I wanted. All I wanted was to give you the tools you needed to carry on the legacy of those creators before you, to pass me, and to let you go how you wish to go.

The only thing I can suggest is that, contribute for the sake of contributing, not for recognition. Because in such a small fragmented community, you will not get that. All you will get is a sense of joy from creating something new and the challenges you personally overcame to do it. I am still personally proud that without limited knowledge of C++, I took 10 year old VS 6 code, over a year converted it to VS 2012, and even rewrote missing code for the graphics library. I updated the code to call a newer DX API. Nobody knows how hard and fun that was but me. And I'm ok with that.

Regarding Exeter... I have the utmost respect for him. Not all here may know what he's done, and what severe health events he's been through to do it. I know just some. And nothing anyone could say would make me think ill of him.

Keep up the good work everyone, including Daviks, who after 10 years, finally made something of Q3! Keep up the good work if you are able. I'm sorry I let you down.

Offline Strat

• Retired
  • EAW Update Crew
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2016, 07:13:35 pm »
I will admit. The main work of CE was to get the code in a new IDE, to allow all the advanced tools for programming, debugging, performance tuning, and just in time debugging, to allow me to learn how the game works. 99% of the work in CE is not visible on the outside. The one major thing that WAS fixed was Dynaverse support on Windows 7+
I did update the serverkit and missions, and fixed many issues in them as well. The serverkit suffered many age old bugs that I addressed during the conversion. I was not allowed to release it.
Sorry, I have seen the screen shots only. They looked great! I don't even have the game currently installed though.
I'm sorry.

Offline Javora

• Commander
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2016, 09:37:27 pm »
I did update the serverkit and missions, and fixed many issues in them as well. The serverkit suffered many age old bugs that I addressed during the conversion. I was not allowed to release it.

Why?

Offline Strat

• Retired
  • EAW Update Crew
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2016, 09:49:44 pm »
I don't remember why I was told to wait, unfortunately, it was a few years ago now. In fact I doubt anyone does.

It's important to know that I may have the source, but I don't have ultimate rights on what I can do with it. The code for it all is in the DNet repository for many years now.

Offline Javora

• Commander
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2016, 07:17:01 am »
Any chance of getting it released now?  At this point it's better late than never.  Who owns the rights to the source code?  I would love to see Tar, d4v1ks, and Exeter being able to do more than hex editing if they want to.  How can we make that happen?

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2016, 07:39:51 am »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 04:58:29 am by Captain Adam »
Odo :    
to O'Brien

Offline Strat

• Retired
  • EAW Update Crew
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2016, 07:52:56 am »
As far as I understand it, the code is owned by Dynaverse Gaming Association, of which XC_Frey is on the Board of Directors. It was obtained from Taldren, but he was required to create this legal entity in order to get the legal rights.

http://www.dynaverse.net/about/about_dga.php
http://www.dynaverse.net/about/board_directors.php

It is a legal entity in the USA created several years ago to obtain permission to continue work on this game.

Exeter and I [Edit: And others before us] have already signed a NDA to have access to the code. But we operate within certain bounds what we can do with it. Some are DGA bounds, other are legal bounds placed on DGA. (Such as, I believe, still placing the game on a ISO, is apparently a bound placed on DGA.) I'm not a legal expert on what can and cannot be done with a 15 year old game with licensed Star Trek material in it.

To obtain access to contribute to code, you must obtain permission from DGA, and thus Frey, who will send you a NDA to sign.

Currently, and for some unknown exact time, the DGA Source code repository is offline.

If you wish for others to make contributions, you need to kindly request it from Frey.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 08:16:45 am by Strat »

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2016, 08:18:23 am »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 04:46:04 am by Captain Adam »
Odo :    
to O'Brien

Offline Strat

• Retired
  • EAW Update Crew
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2016, 08:29:36 am »
I agree.

Don't get negative. Years of that have gotten us to this point.

Focus on getting along and trying to get cooperation.

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2016, 10:03:00 am »
Firstly. This is not directed directly at you Strat. Since this is the very first post you have interacted with that I have been a part of. (Which is telling in itself as I'm a moderator for a single sub board. One that has seen no action in close to 8 years. Yet moderators for the boards that are active aren't even active themselves)

I'm going to go over your post and respond to it, as it is the ONLY feedback from the management we as a community have been given in years.
As such I will respond to the management and not you personally. So when i say "you" I am referring to all of the management not a single person, but as a group.

Discouragement... Sure you did, all the management have either actively or inactively ignored our requests for information, for assistance or even maintenance, hell even simple requests to close threads and bring in new moderators have been ignored.

There could have been reasons as to why this happened. But not giving them before any lack of anything worth of comment is a sign of willing ignorance or incompetence... it damages the relationship that Management should have with the community. It leaves us an impression that you do not trust us. That you do not care about the community that you claim to be so proud of. That is quite frankly disgraceful.

As management it is your duty and obligation to the community to respond to valid questions or requests. Even more so when some of us have signed NDA's and have been given ZERO feedback apart from Exeter saying he doesn't know as it falls to management.... Where has that left us 8 years and nothing to show for it (this is about SFC4 and requests for the code so people didn't have to backwards engineer stuff)

You personally may not have encouraged or discouraged anything but your lack of involvement or even simple communication is alarming. Giving reasons after the fact comes across more as an excuse to cover your own tails for been lazy sods, rather than admitting you messed up and wish to make amends.

We see members of management on line all the time. So they must be looking at stuff.... No comments though, just lurking like a stalker. So your statements really come across as a piss poor idea of public relations and frankly insulting.

Now the comment about recognition..... What an accusation! You imply we are 'Glory Hunters' Please explain this to me? If we wanted to make names for ourselves. Why on earth would we be still modding a 20 year old set of games? We would have moved on to games that are in the limelight. hell some of us did and are making games that have only one valid reason for being....  Glory and the money that comes from it.
What this community has done is selfless and shows that we as creators are still giving back to the community, even when the community is only twenty people at times. That we have helped you build this community and continue to do so shows OUR love for it, whilst your lack of anything shows the opposite.. It also implies that you really don't listen to what your community says to you.

If you claim to respect Exeter, then why the hell did you leave him out to dry when the community started to believe that SFC4 is nothing but vaporware and a way to get all the work done for your pet project without doing any of the work yourselves. He was bombarded with messages about how poor of a job he was doing. When in fact it was your own lack of interest or reply to help back him when he needed answers to reassure us.

What about d4k1ks, Tar, Corb and the other coders who have done all the major improvements in the last few months?

You commend them now on the work they have done, but if you spoke to them and gave them the information they requested, (even if it was under a NDA to keep your tails safe) It would have been done a heck of a lot faster before the community became a shadow of it's former self.
YOU would have helped keep interest going, YOU would have helped alleviate any concerns or doubts about the project.

We don't even know if SFC4 will have to be paid for yet, yet are requested to hand over our work without any kind of contract or promise of compensation if it is decided to be sold. We as a community have pointed this out several times and yet were ignored....

See a patten here. I personally would tell you all to F**k yourselves and F**k off, but you aren't around enough for it to make a difference.

Keeping the community doing the work in the dark is suicide for a project of the scale of creating a new game. Let alone bringing what are now ancient games up to date to help keep the community alive... Something that YOU as management have every obligation to help in its continuation.

I suggest that as Management you pull your thumbs out of your collective backsides and put as much effort into things as the community has. Otherwise just close the doors and let the community die instead of inflicting a death of a thousand cuts like you have been so far.

Offline Strat

• Retired
  • EAW Update Crew
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2016, 10:35:10 am »
I'm sorry to everyone.

Please realize, I have NO rights to do anything. My title doesn't mean as much as you think. I am NOT management. I am an unpaid mule with no rights or power, and I am not communicated with by management what-so-ever, for at least 3 years, and a fancy forum title. I DO have limited forum moderation privileges. That's it. And code left over from an offline repository.

What I meant was that contributing out of personal desire is the only thing that will keep anyone active here.

There is a lot behind the scenes I do not spell out to the public, because I don't want to discourage others, even though I myself am burnt out. Including fights I fought, things I contributed, and work accomplished.

Some of how you feel is exactly why I am glad to hand over the reigns. I want people to surpass me.

So even though I don't hear from management, I can't exactly hand anything over for fear of possible legal action.

I understand how you feel.. more than you realize. I'm sorry. This is why I am retired.

I can't keep getting invested to hit walls and upset community members. It stresses me out too, just like you.

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2016, 10:41:09 am »
Then demand that Frey do something instead of been a lurking troll

Offline Strat

• Retired
  • EAW Update Crew
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2016, 10:56:08 am »
My words mean no more than yours.

Besides, that won't get the results you think it will.

And if what the community really wants for me to do is leave them alone, then you bet I would comply.

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2016, 11:01:04 am »
Honestly Strat, that answer is such a cop out and a complete passing of the buck... " Oh its not me! Even though I hold the fancy title" That fancy title that you have means you have a higher level of respect from the management than the rest of us little people who are so below Frey and the rest of management that they don't even reply to us.

So spare me and the community from your half truths and just be bloody honest with us for once... 20 years and this is how you treat us all. No wonder no one wants to donate to keep this community alive anymore.

Then your admitting that what we say here mean Feck all to the management then.......

What the community asks for and doesn't have the balls to demand. Is that we all be taken seriously for once instead of been ignored.

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2016, 11:42:08 am »
Also Strat, You keep saying how people want you to step down... Step down from what? You haven't posted crap in a year.... So what is it exactly that you do here? And if you want to leave and pass the reigns over then do so! Stop talking about it and just do it instead of making yourself to be some sort of martyr.

There are far more active people here who would be willing to do that unpaid mule work that you don't seem to care about. if it means keeping the community alive which you and management dont seem to care about... And Frey if you read this. Answer the community you claim to love so much. you are all acting like cowards. its infuriating and disgusting how you lot treat this community.

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2016, 11:45:07 am »
I know it is important to express frustration. And it is important for management, retired or not, to acknowledge our complaints. I believe Strat has done so sufficiently.

At this point, we will continue to reverse-engineer the code to maintain and enhance the SFC series. I suggest we prepare for the day that Dynaverse.net goes offline permanently. Perhaps it would be best if we, the players, had our own bulletin board and file storage for Starfleet Command.

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2016, 12:19:00 pm »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 04:54:40 am by Captain Adam »
Odo :    
to O'Brien

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2016, 12:24:29 pm »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 04:46:35 am by Captain Adam »
Odo :    
to O'Brien

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2016, 02:47:04 pm »
And we need someone that can sticky important threads and keep things such as side bar from over taken threads. 

I check the forums practically everyday and will sticky threads on request (if I agree with you of course).  Just PM me and it should be stickied within 24 hours in most cases or a PM returned stating my disagreement. 
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2016, 03:26:49 pm »
Frankly it's not up to you to agree or disagree with us. If we as a community want something stickied, locked or deleted. As a mod, you should know this. You are supposed to handle disputes and help serve the community. You do not get to make the choices that the community has already asked for. The Modelling forum has several old outdated redundant threads. If you were really been a mod you would follow threads, prune stuff when its no longer valid. Help settle disputes.

We shouldn't have to PM anyone to get something done if its posted in the thread. So I will restate my request make an active member of the modelling boards its moderator. CaptainAdam, KlingonFanatic or myself are the most active there. Pick one or all so all timezones are covered. As a community we self manage.... That can not be done when the mods aren't there

Honestly this place is becoming a joke. Nice going Frey, you could have stopped by and made a comment, it would have defused everything. Instead everyone but you or an actual member of management who isn't trying to worm out of stuff has come and given half effort..... Way to show you are listening to the Community.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 03:41:29 pm by Fallen_Warrior »

Offline Javora

• Commander
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2016, 03:51:18 pm »
I don't have a lot of time but there are a couple of things I want to comment on briefly.  First and foremost, thank you Strat for what you have done with the CE project.  You helped kept this game alive.  I for one would like you to spend more time with the hex editors not less if you're willing.

We already have another forum out there for us to set up shop over at Punisher's forum.  It's a place where some of the people who have been banned here hang out and talk about politics mostly.  It would suit our needs and we would have more people who like the old game to see what we are doing.  Technically I already have moderator rights there and I don't think Pun would care.

Lastly, I want to state why I haven't taken a more active role in this.  My wife had a stroke and between working full time and caring for her I haven't had the time.  I haven't even had the time to play a game in the last three weeks let alone hex edit one.  I check this forum on my phone when I get a break not on a computer.  And frankly after not doing any coding 20 years I don't feel comfortable with it.  So until my life changes this is all I can do.  Thank you for your understanding.

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2016, 04:03:24 pm »
We already have another forum out there for us to set up shop over at Punisher's forum.  It's a place where some of the people who have been banned here hang out and talk about politics mostly.  It would suit our needs and we would have more people who like the old game to see what we are doing.  Technically I already have moderator rights there and I don't think Pun would care.

Link please?

Lastly, I want to state why I haven't taken a more active role in this.  My wife had a stroke and between working full time and caring for her I haven't had the time. 

Terribly sorry to hear about your wife man. I can sympathise. My wife is my full time carer, due to my having 2 different spinal conditions. I know how much hard work she has to do to look after me and our son. It must feel like hell for both of you. Just keep pushing on and doing what you can. Tell her how amazing she is and never let her forget how much you love her. You are each others rocks against the torrent.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2016, 04:33:54 pm »
Frankly it's not up to you to agree or disagree with us. If we as a community want something stickied, locked or deleted. As a mod, you should know this. You are supposed to handle disputes and help serve the community. You do not get to make the choices that the community has already asked for. The Modelling forum has several old outdated redundant threads. If you were really been a mod you would follow threads, prune stuff when its no longer valid. Help settle disputes.

Too many stickies make the forum unreadable so there has to be someone to keep things under control.  Secondly "we the community"?  one person ultimately will make a decision on making it a sticky unless you are doing a poll to see if it is the community that wants it and not just you.  No single person speaks for the community as we haven't elected such a spokesman.  And yes if multiple people are saying it needs to be stickied I'm more likely to do it though I've never refused yet. 
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2016, 04:52:28 pm »

Too many stickies make the forum unreadable so there has to be someone to keep things under control.  Secondly "we the community"?  one person ultimately will make a decision on making it a sticky unless you are doing a poll to see if it is the community that wants it and not just you.  No single person speaks for the community as we haven't elected such a spokesman.  And yes if multiple people are saying it needs to be stickied I'm more likely to do it though I've never refused yet. 

Point taken. I'm not claiming to be the voice of the community. Just one of the loudest right now, I'm not the only one asking for management to get their stuff together and take us all seriously... You can see people actively saying "back stuff up and leave" in this thread. But let me state this a member of the community is the community. What applies to one applies to all... Its exactly the reason laws/rules are made. If you work to the betterment of the individual, you work to the betterment of the group as a whole.

When the only active members have left a thread for years and its stickied and most if not all information is no longer valid. It does not need to be stickied any longer now does it?... So your reasoning of "clogging up the forum with sticked threads" is a very moot point to even bring up.

What about pruning stickied threads that are irrelevant? That haven't had a post in over 4 years?  If you were a moderator who got it you would ask if a stickied thread is needed anymore and handle it accordingly. What about double checking to see if links still work and removing them if they aren't? You do not do this on the modelling board do you?

Plus I don't see your name on the modelling board as moderator. I see a member who has not been active in years....  So spare me any reasoning and start showing some action.

Or if block/Ban/Warn and censor the people raising concerns to keep your own world happy and care free.

Offline Javora

• Commander
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2016, 06:44:11 pm »
Link please?

http://www.hotandspicyforums.com/index.php

If we do move over there I would suggest that we start out in the "SFC News" forum.  I think we can branch out from there.  The "Hot and Spicy" sub-forum is all politics.  I hope this provides the solution that will make everyone happy and productive without any drama.  I'll let Pun know that we may have a influx of people from here.

And thank you FW for your kind words.

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2016, 08:54:22 pm »
Keep up the good work everyone, including Daviks, who after 10 years, finally made something of Q3! Keep up the good work if you are able. I'm sorry I let you down.

Yes, i was really happy with the idea of collaborate with you. I knew we could have done something good of the sprites.q3 file.
And i was really close to the point of giving up in the start when I hit some roadblocks. Fortunately everything went well. And you are right. I felt a great joy in producing the tools I made. And watching all here trying to contribute with what they had, made me wish to continue.
So in the end we were able to achieve even more things. What is great.
Its easy to get frustrated when we feel we could have done more.
But I understand the complexity of what you have done, and the happiness you felt after that effort.
In the end, my wish was only to see this community keep going, and not stop.
SFC can't really compete with all the fancy games produced these days. But SFC is something different. I see it involving to tablets or phone devices, touch screens, I dunno. Even a campaign makes sense to me in a world like ours today. Were people just play some minutes when they have a break, or are waiting for something.
I did played SFC CE in my tablet and I really enjoyed the idea of login and play a mission on a multiplayer campaign. Was just that.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2016, 11:18:59 pm »
Plus I don't see your name on the modelling board as moderator. I see a member who has not been active in years....  So spare me any reasoning and start showing some action.

Global Moderators can moderate any forum.  I normally stay out of the modeling forum as I totally lack the artistic talent to contribute (and envy those who have it) but can moderate there if an issue is brought to my attention.  I also have a low bandwidth cap which is another reason to stay out of an image intensive forum. 

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2016, 03:19:33 am »
Javora, you are welcome. Thanks for the link, will sign up in a bit.

Global Moderators can moderate any forum.  I normally stay out of the modeling forum as I totally lack the artistic talent to contribute (and envy those who have it) but can moderate there if an issue is brought to my attention.  I also have a low bandwidth cap which is another reason to stay out of an image intensive forum. 

Nemesis dude, Your helping to prove my point. Sections of this forum are completely unmoderated. (unless you count a mysterious force who once in a blue moon who edits size of images and the "correct" way to post links) If your not checking the threads you won't see where people are saying that stuff needs dealing with. 

You admit you actively avoid a section of the forum because of bandwidth issues.... So you will never see any disagreements there, you will not see the posts asking for threads to be locked, you will not see posts saying this is totally out of date.

The Management always said that we should self manage... How can we do that when we aren't given the tools to do so?

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2016, 01:15:50 pm »
All you need to do is report the issue and a moderator will look into it.  Moderators cannot read every single thread and don't.  We do respond to reports of problems.  Giving everyone the ability to sticky/unsticky or lock/unlock threads would make things worse.  Consider flame wars with full Moderator authority on all sides. 

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2016, 01:50:50 pm »
All you need to do is report the issue and a moderator will look into it.  Moderators cannot read every single thread and don't.  We do respond to reports of problems.  Giving everyone the ability to sticky/unsticky or lock/unlock threads would make things worse.  Consider flame wars with full Moderator authority on all sides. 

Firstly As a moderator, you should at least glance at every thread for if anything to mark them as read.... Second you will pick up the jist of something and catch the rare requests that people place to have something locked/stickied
Also conside3ring there are like a total of 10-15 new post a day that's nothing! it takes a few minutes if anything to read anything new. Stop been lazy!

Second I never accused anyone of ignoring things that are reported. Don't put words in my mouth.

Thirdly I never said give everyone the ability to sticky or lock threads. I said if moderators gave a damn they would see the requests and act accordingly.

If you are the best example of a moderator then hang it up as nothing you have said has been of any help to this discussion... It's  about something more than moderators doing their damn jobs.

It's about Management ignoring the community and letting everything stagnate because they are too lazy.
Go do something productive instead of making this thread about you.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2016, 02:05:05 pm »
You know, if you people are going to leave just shut up and do it already. There's no need to piss all over the place just because you have a dispute with certain parties here. The fact is that this place has been provided to you FREE OF CHARGE for years. If you can't even respect that on your way out then at least don't try to burn things down just because you're not getting enough attention.

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2016, 02:33:53 pm »
When a service provider has failed to meet our expectations, we can choose another service provider. I am doing that presently.

Fallen Warrior, I believe you are wasting your energy. But it is your energy to allocate as you see fit, of course. 

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2016, 02:39:26 pm »
I do find it amusing that you expect the Moderators to read everything as if we were full time paid pros.  I also find it amusing that you think that things will be better in Punishers "unmoderated" forums than here where you want more moderation.  Seems like a conflict. 

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2016, 02:48:03 pm »
When a service provider has failed to meet our expectations, we can choose another service provider. I am doing that presently.

I personally try to avoid anything with the term "dumb sh*t" in the title, but it's your choice to make.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2016, 07:52:04 pm »
Somebody PM me and tell me what the heck I missed?
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2016, 01:52:33 pm »
Do you feel Dynaverse is fulfilling its own DGA?

"The Dynaverse Gaming Association© is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to preserving and enhancing the Starfleet Command™ Community. (...) the DGA’s primary purpose is to allow the continued development of the online experience that is Starfleet Command™ while at the same time protecting the Starfleet Command™ community from “pay to play” concepts long after Taldren ceases to be."

1. Is there any online experience?
2. Is CE being perserved and enhanced, or under continued developement?
3. Does Dynaverse encourages it own goals?
4. If CE given for free? Or you have to pay to download and play it?
5. Can you download a server or write missions to CE?

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2016, 01:58:47 pm »
(...)

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2016, 03:48:32 pm »
! No longer available

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2016, 03:50:12 pm »
Does this list of people constitute a board of directors for the DGA?
Quote from: DGA
Comprised of well known and long standing respected individuals from the Starfleet Command™ community, the DGA’s Board of Directors oversees the operation of the DGA. The Board of Directors primary goal is to provide a reliable, resourceful and respected gaming experience here on Dynaverse.Net©. To that end, the DGA meets regularly to address and discuss issues regarding the continued growth of the Starfleet Command™ community and the leadership found at Dynaverse.Net

Frey "FA_Frey_XC" Petermeier
Michael "F9th Braxton XC" Erb
Ashley Fernandes

Mr. Erb has not been online in 7 years. The treasurer, Ms Fernandes, made exactly one post 7 years ago.

Is the DGA complying with its own standards?

Perhaps we, the players, the creators, and the maintainers have nothing to worry about. Perhaps we don't understand the difficulties of managing Taldren's gift. 

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2016, 04:17:51 pm »
The dynamics of the situation were explained to you at length in PMs. If you decide not to take the only avenue available to you that has a glimmer of a chance of succeeding, then don't take it out on the community. You were given the tools and instructions on how to speak to Frey in person and you choose instead to beat up on poor Strat. And yes this is a business and not a hobby and there are things you do not know that others are not allowed to talk about, so again, take your fight to Frey. I don't care and don't want to hear about how he blew you off or skipped a meeting. He does it to everyone. Get used to it if you want to deal with the person that can give you what you claim you want. It took me two over friggin' months just to get you the chance you just blew so don't talk to me about wasting time.

Now I completely agree with all of your gripes about the way this place has fallen into ruin and I have spoken directly to Frey about it. There are reasons that we can't get more admins here right now, but new moderators are not out of the question. This is low on Frey's priority list right now and since there aren't any more admins around... I'm sorry about that. There is one more thing I might try there, but honestly, why should I? You've all shown your mercenary streak at one point or another. I don't feel obligated to do a damn thing.

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2016, 04:43:18 pm »
Really Corbomite? You label us mercenaries?

Quote from: Dictionary
A mercenary is a person who fights for personal gains of money or other recompense instead of fighting for the ideological interests of a country.

The HD patch is not $6. The SFC_Editor is not $6. The Q3_Editor is not $6. The Gamespy-fix for the server is not $6. These idealistic assets promote the growth of the otherwise stagnant SFC experience. And we are the bad guys because we didn't follow instructions about how to talk to Frey? I don't need instructions to speak with a vice-president. I do need instructions perhaps, to speak with an unopposed magistrate.

I won't take further bait. And I wish Dynaverse.net good luck. Pehaps it will now thrive without mercenaries.

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2016, 05:00:49 pm »
Strat has nothing to do with this.
The only issue I had with him was related with the q3 documentation, when he committed  to help me.
That issue ended in the moment he posted in this topic.
About Frey, he also committed to help. That is all I know about him.
On the post above I wrote about dynaverse as an organization. Was not targetting anyone in special.
We barely know each others.
In the end in I'm just a guy that did some sh*ts in SFC, like many before me, with zero feedback from an organization that was build for that purpose.
That happens all the time in our world.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2016, 05:12:37 pm »
It's always mercenary to take your ball and go home or refuse to listen when others may disagree with you. Or was I supposed to take your and Carlos' complete refusal to answer my PMs after awhile as an indication that I was a valuable part of the team? Oh, that's right, it was just after I disagreed with you about plasma. Must have been a coincidence.

Nothing will stop you from doing what you have been doing so far. You managed some amazing things. You claimed you wanted access to the source code. Despite what you feel, the person you need to get to notice is notoriously hard to impress. I empathize. Instead of playing it cool, you decided to piss gasoline and light a match. This is nothing new. I've seen this too many times to care anymore.

Oh, yeah, and when you tell people to trust you, yet twice surreptitiously place your own phaser modification in a "patch" without telling people that basically tells me what you think of others' play enjoyment and the over importance of your own ideas to you.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 05:24:04 pm by Corbomite »

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2016, 05:25:31 pm »
This is nothing new. I've seen this too many times to care anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKLMYZlbIb8

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2016, 05:26:00 pm »
This thread needs some Nannerslug and Gow loving, somebody page them.

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2016, 05:30:10 pm »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 04:47:21 am by Captain Adam »
Odo :    
to O'Brien

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2016, 05:31:02 pm »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 04:47:39 am by Captain Adam »
Odo :    
to O'Brien

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2016, 05:37:58 pm »

Who want to be called a Nazi first?  :P

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2016, 06:19:31 pm »
Was I supposed to take your and Carlos' complete refusal to answer my PMs after awhile as an indication that I was a valuable part of the team?

Huh? I have responded to every PM I have received on Dynaverse, usually within hours. If you sent me a PM and I didn't respond, it's because it didn't arrive. The last one I remember was you shouting at me to, "TALK TO CARLOS NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!"

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2016, 06:29:23 pm »
Was I supposed to take your and Carlos' complete refusal to answer my PMs after awhile as an indication that I was a valuable part of the team?

Huh? I have responded to every PM I have received on Dynaverse, usually within hours. If you sent me a PM and I didn't respond, it's because it didn't arrive. The last one I remember was you shouting at me to, "TALK TO CARLOS NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!"

We had a lengthy discussion about captor mines going. I sent you a long one about how I thought I had solved it with a PPD trick. That was weeks ago.

Carlos ignored at least half a dozen of my messages. I stopped bothering to try to talk to him weeks ago as well.

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2016, 06:35:59 pm »
Oh, yeah, and when you tell people to trust you, yet twice surreptitiously place your own phaser modification in a "patch" without telling people that basically tells me what you think of others' play enjoyment and the over importance of your own ideas to you.

Huh? OP 2.562 has Ph-3 limited to range 2.99k? I restored that to 15.99k.

Testing...

Corb, you're right. It didn't get updated. If there is ever a 2.563, it can be altered. Out of a few thousand variables this one was not vanilla. I'm not perfect in my QC. 

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2016, 06:42:34 pm »
You know, if you people are going to leave just shut up and do it already. There's no need to piss all over the place just because you have a dispute with certain parties here. The fact is that this place has been provided to you FREE OF CHARGE for years. If you can't even respect that on your way out then at least don't try to burn things down just because you're not getting enough attention.

Projection much there Corb?
I don't have a dispute with anyone here, even if you have accused me of been an attention seeking child before I don't care what your opinion of me is. As in regards to this thread it is irrelevant.
My points are valid and no one has yet to provide anything close to a counter argument to them. In fact I am seeing more and more proof that they are valid.

As for my leaving, You will have to ban me before I leave. Which would be difficult as I have broken none of the forum rules. As I have no intention of leaving. I just wanted to get answers to some very pressing questions. Questions that would involve my working in the dark about a project that even the person doing all the work could not answer. Should I hold you to the same standard as everyone else and consider what your saying as bullying? No I won't because it is clear you have no social skills.

This forum has been my home since it was Taldren. Your petty insults will not push me out. I love this place, the community and the games they support.
Been heard by the management is not attention seeking it is trying to be rational and raise awareness do get a deeper understanding of the situation. Then maybe find a solution that all sides can be happy with.

I do find it amusing that you expect the Moderators to read everything as if we were full time paid pros.  I also find it amusing that you think that things will be better in Punishers "unmoderated" forums than here where you want more moderation.  Seems like a conflict.

No I expect that people who volunteer to do a job, do that job to the best of their abilities.
Reading a handful of posts each day is not exactly hard work. Again stop proving my point at your inability to do the job I assume you requested to do. If you were a full time pro, you wouldn't have been hired due to low bandwidth and the inability to monitor threads that have pictures in them. Not to mention your nonchalant attitude and bias in dealing with members attempting to bully others into silence!
Yes I've been harsh with you but only because you help me prove my points. I have no ill will towards you in the slightest.
Remember offence is never given only taken. You have something quoted by FoaS that speaks to the same truth. Within your signature.

As for the Punisher's forum been unmoderated... That's really funny as there are currently moderators there, Four of them are people within this thread they were made moderators upon a simple single request and that was delivered within only a few hours of asking. So get your facts straight before you make accusations about things you clearly know nothing about. And going by that last point there is no conflict.

I personally try to avoid anything with the term "dumb sh*t" in the title, but it's your choice to make.

Do you always jump to insults when someone says something you don't like? Or is it just your nature to be a bully? Why haven't any moderators watching this thread addressed that? Or are you so bias that you will side with the person acting inappropriately than stand up for the ideals you claim to ascribe too?

The dynamics of the situation were explained to you at length in PMs. If you decide not to take the only avenue available to you that has a glimmer of a chance of succeeding, then don't take it out on the community. You were given the tools and instructions on how to speak to Frey in person and you choose instead to beat up on poor Strat. And yes this is a business and not a hobby and there are things you do not know that others are not allowed to talk about, so again, take your fight to Frey. I don't care and don't want to hear about how he blew you off or skipped a meeting. He does it to everyone. Get used to it if you want to deal with the person that can give you what you claim you want. It took me two over friggin' months just to get you the chance you just blew so don't talk to me about wasting time.

Now I completely agree with all of your gripes about the way this place has fallen into ruin and I have spoken directly to Frey about it. There are reasons that we can't get more admins here right now, but new moderators are not out of the question. This is low on Frey's priority list right now and since there aren't any more admins around... I'm sorry about that. There is one more thing I might try there, but honestly, why should I? You've all shown your mercenary streak at one point or another. I don't feel obligated to do a damn thing.

What PM? Where is it? I have received precisely Jack and Sh!t from anyone about these issues. I've signed my NDA and been given nothing in return except all this hatred.

No one took anything out on the community, quite the opposite active members of the community (the ones doing the most of the recent work) have been stone walled, insulted, and brow beaten by you personally, because you disagree with them. Just look at what you have already said as proof of you jumping the gun and going from reasonable to full on rage in a heart beat.

Yes the tools I have to contact Frey, I have him on skype and he refuses to reply. I have posted here several times that Frey could just make a short comment or anything to help stop the community from fracturing further. To defuse this before it got to the point where you feel you can insult anyone and have the moderators not point out your hypocrisy. But as you have provided he is extremely unreliable. Yet spends a good 2 hours a day lurking in the shadows refusing to comment on anything. Also if this DGA is so blasted important when where the hell are they?

The only reason why I said what I said to "poor" Strat because he provided nothing except his own perceived martyrdom as a way of stone walling this discussion. Simple as.

If you would drop your grudges with people and explain that you were talking to Frey over the way everything is falling apart, instead of just attacking people you wouldn't be getting called out on it now. If you feel the same way about how things are falling apart you could have shared those opinions with the rest of us but you didn't you went on the offensive.

So Frey thinks that the community is a low priority? That adding a couple more moderators is not worth his time? Answering some questions about the projects he is over seeing are beneath him? My points are even more valid now than when I first raised them.

If you honestly gave a damn you would exhaust every possible option before giving up.

Instead of playing it cool, you decided to piss gasoline and light a match.

Asking questions is playing it cool. Getting all in a huff because someone disagrees with you is exactly what you have accused others of when saying we want to see Dyna Burn.

So could we all stop getting our panties in a collective twist? Stop attacking each other? As things will not get better.

We will be the ones destroying the community that each and every single person (Bar Frey it seems) In this thread has clearly demonstrated by their passion. It won't be because the management doesn't care, it will be because we have pissed each other off so much that nothing good can ever come out of here but more vitriol. And none of us will have a community we can have pride in. Nor the ability to work together to better the games we all love so very much.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2016, 07:01:08 pm »
I told you to shut up and leave already because that's what you said you would do. Nobody asked anybody to leave. Several of you wanted to go elsewhere. No one was stopping you. I just thought it should have been done more gracefully.

As far as social skills, I know your are considered "disabled", but I have seen you heap scorn on anyone that doesn't give you what you like just the way you like it. I tried to help you and you bit my hand. You made me agree never to engage you again and I followed through and didn't, yet I was never given the same consideration, especially when you thought I might have something you wanted (there's that non-existent mercenary streak again!). Then I was your best friend all of a sudden.

Offline Javora

• Commander
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2016, 07:13:08 pm »
We have two coders who are willing to pick up where Strat left off.  While we don't always agree, this is the first real chance to move SFC forward in years.  So do we want SFC to forward or not?  If not then we might as well close this place down as much as I hate to say it.  Tar and company can continue as they have been.

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2016, 07:19:01 pm »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 04:48:02 am by Captain Adam »
Odo :    
to O'Brien

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2016, 07:33:55 pm »
I told you to shut up and leave already because that's what you said you would do. Nobody asked anybody to leave. Several of you wanted to go elsewhere. No one was stopping you. I just thought it should have been done more gracefully.

As far as social skills, I know your are considered "disabled", but I have seen you heap scorn on anyone that doesn't give you what you like just the way you like it. I tried to help you and you bit my hand. You made me agree never to engage you again and I followed through and didn't, yet I was never given the same consideration, especially when you thought I might have something you wanted (there's that non-existent mercenary streak again!). Then I was your best friend all of a sudden.

Funny I just read through every post I made in this thread. I never mentioned leaving. Just setting up shop in a different forum as things here turn so sour. Way to make more assumptions. Your the one that told us to leave... Do you want me to quote you or are you able to read the posts you've made? or will you delete them like you did last time?

As for the previous thread I asked a question and gave examples and you treated me like a child because I didn't use all the terminology that you use. Because I don't mod EAW or OP, that I am not worth your time. Or because I hadn't released anything recently means that I don't have the right to ask questions.

As for biting your hand. Don't flatter yourself.
I stated that I wasn't aware that asking such a question would cause so much grief and that I had gotten the information I required. Then requested that the thread be locked/deleted because it was no longer needed. (Again proof that moderators don't read anything)

Then when you decided to go full autistic on me. Which I find really ironic as I am the autistic one. So I told you not to respond to my threads if that was your attitude. Is that the scorn you are referring too?
If that is your interpretation of things then yes you do have a complete lack of social skills.

As for been your best friend when asking you to share your knowledge publicly so it could be applied to other games. That is not been your best buddy that is my asking a simple fecking question. So again keep dreaming.

As for my been disabled... Yes I am big deal! What does that have to do with anything mentioned in this thread? Are you really going to discriminate against me and my disabilities as an attempt to use them as a weapon against me? I've dealt with people like you all my life, telling me that I'm not good enough or I won't be able to accomplish anything. hence my calling you a bully.
As that's all you are a sad pathetic bully. Someone who wants to be important and makes up for their own short comings by attacking others. Go look in the mirror and take a good hard look at what you are saying before you even dare attempt to reply. You petty intolerant child!

And yes I am very aware that I have crossed a line in personally insulting you and for that the Moderators can come and speak to me directly. My skype Address is zerabubus@msn.com I welcome anything you have to say to me.

Is that enough "Mercenary" tactics for you? Or do you want to give me another lesson in how to act like one?

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2016, 07:39:53 pm »

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2016, 07:41:13 pm »
So be it! Keep proving how childish you are.

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2016, 08:04:37 pm »
Your hand grenade clip made me laugh, Corbomite. Thanks. I needed some levity.

You folks are an extended family. And it gets crazy sometimes. I will head for the hills of another forum because I'll be needlessly repeating myself here. I have made my points, and it is time to go. The video game  work will continue, until I run out of money this summer and have to create my own employment again. The fantasy world of Starfleet Command and D.net is annoying and amusing at the same time. But so is City Hall when they tell you to tear down your house because it is not a permitted structure, yet it is expressly exempt from permits because of its size. I wish I could fire a Hellbore at the Zoning Board. It'll all be fine.

Long live SFC, regardless of where it is played and discussed.

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2016, 08:11:09 pm »
Your hand grenade clip made me laugh, Corbomite. Thanks. I needed some levity.

You folks are an extended family. And it gets crazy sometimes. I will head for the hills of another forum because I'll be needlessly repeating myself here. I have made my points, and it is time to go. The video game  work will continue, until I run out of money this summer and have to create my own employment again. The fantasy world of Starfleet Command and D.net is annoying and amusing at the same time. But so is City Hall when they tell you to tear down your house because it is not a permitted structure, yet it is expressly exempt from permits because of its size. I wish I could fire a Hellbore at the Zoning Board. It'll all be fine.

Long live SFC, regardless of where it is played and discussed.

Not going to lie that hand grenade gif made me chuckle as well. In real life I can't throw anything to save my life, but now I can take planes out of the air without even looking. I'm flattered that I'm considered to have enough skill. And your right Everything has been said from the side of the community.

The ball is well and truly in managements side. lets just hope that something good can come out of this flame storm

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2016, 08:43:16 pm »

You mellowing in your old age DH? not Dizzy and Brezgonne loving?

At least you are still drawn to flames like a moth.

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2016, 08:45:39 pm »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 04:48:20 am by Captain Adam »
Odo :    
to O'Brien

Offline Javora

• Commander
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2016, 09:02:56 pm »
At least you are still drawn to flames like a moth.

Look whose talking...  lol

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2016, 09:13:55 pm »
See this is the community I love! A massive flame storm and most of us end up laughing our backsides off.

Well played community, well played.

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Still Building Models Nobody Wants ...
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2016, 09:51:53 pm »
I miss the popcorn smilie ...

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2016, 09:56:54 pm »

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2016, 09:58:38 pm »
 :popcorn:

I could'a swore it wasn't there a day ago ... LOL

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2016, 09:59:12 pm »
I will see your :popcorn: and raise you a  :drink:

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2016, 09:59:56 pm »
Now we're talkin'!
(What were we talking about again - I came in late ...ROFL!)

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2016, 10:03:19 pm »
Of course there are always these:

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2016, 10:04:35 pm »
Now we're talkin'!
(What were we talking about again - I came in late ...ROFL!)

I forgot when I saw Joker stuffing his face

We might draw more Moths in  :dance:

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2016, 10:09:51 pm »
Silly, silly Starfleet Command Peoples ... :spam:

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2016, 10:12:18 pm »
I forgot this one:

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2016, 10:13:25 pm »
Oooh I could murder a KFC bucket right about now.

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2016, 10:14:05 pm »
Porkins is my Co-Pilot.

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2016, 10:16:12 pm »
Porkins is my Co-Pilot.

If he is eating all that chicken how can he reach the controls?

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2016, 09:14:00 am »
How much lube do they use to slide him into the cockpit?

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2016, 09:23:19 am »
All of it I'm assuming

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2016, 09:59:31 am »
It's not exactly lube ... It's fried chicken grease, actually.

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2016, 09:59:59 am »
So, this is what I get.

I make a nice, upbeat post, and this is what I get. I decide to start being more involved again, and this is what I get.

I've gotten a server up and ready for peeps to run a D.Net campaign on. I've already given that info to Tar.

Now, having reviewed this thread and the history of both of you - Fallen AND Corbo - I've had .. shall we say.. confrontations with both of you, and from such I know you both have strong personalities, so I'll make this brief:

1.) Fallen - you can expect jack sh*t from anything you want, the reality is to expect *anything* from volunteers is ludicrous. It took eight years for volunteers to come and go on the SFC: CE project, so for you to wade back in here and then say something like "I expect volunteers" is, just.. wow.  So, I guess expecting manners and some semblance of respect for your fellow man would be folly here too, eh?

Stop the personal insults, no debate, just reset and be good.

2.) Corbo - I know better than to even try to get through to you, because yes, I get it, you were attempting to defend and protect my efforts and the works I've done for peeps here - I appreciate that, but man, it's not necessary to be so crappy about it.

Stop the personal insults, no debate, just reset and be good.

I swear, give some in the community some fresh air and some food and water, and the next thing you know it's self destruct time!

Act nice!!!

Regards,
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2016, 10:06:54 am »
2.) Corbo - I know better than to even try to get through to you, because yes, I get it, you were attempting to defend and protect my efforts and the works I've done for peeps here - I appreciate that, but man, it's not necessary to be so crappy about it.

Fair enough, but after you get kicked in the teeth too much all you can do is spit bloody teeth.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2016, 10:55:48 am »
Fair enough, but after you get kicked in the teeth too much all you can do is spit bloody teeth.

I usually say "thank you mistress, may I have another?"

But to each his own . . .

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2016, 12:11:49 pm »
So no addressing any points raised by anyone.... Delete my account and ban me permanently. I'm done with this hypocrisy. You win I won't be baited by this any further, enjoy the wasteland. I withdraw my NDA.

Offline Strat

• Retired
  • EAW Update Crew
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2016, 12:40:31 pm »
I could kick myself in the teeth for throwing another grenade in the thread...

Perhaps I'm overly simplistic... Aren't we probably just dealing with some pent up 'upset' (yes some of it valid)? Why don't we just step back and cool off before we do more things that won't benefit anybody? Just look at this thread.. One or two posts and BAM... An explosion...

Don't lose sight of the other truth is that there has been lots of good work done here recently.. It's a shame to let it all go to waste because of a temporary morass. Just watch when things settle what potential there still could be.

I've been on this forum for a decade now.. There is nothing new going on this week that warrants throwing in the towel. Unless you just really, really want to.

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2016, 12:46:05 pm »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 04:48:56 am by Captain Adam »
Odo :    
to O'Brien

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2016, 01:00:28 pm »
I'm only requesting that under the freedom of information act and data protection act which are codified under British law that all my posts and the account associated with them be removed.

I'm not falling for this tired old cycle any more. I'm tired of the infighting and the backstabbing behind closed doors.

I will not see other people attacked because of my actions. Using guilt by association is the final straw. Moderators could have stepped in long ago but they didn't, they stood by and allowed things to devolve. It's like they wanted the drama to continue to bring people back.

That is uncalled for and unjustified. It is an act of desperation. An act which I oppose with every fibre of my being.

I will not let anyone bully me out either I do this of my own free will. I will be the better person and simply refuse to play the game any longer.
I will not allow what I have worked so hard over, for the last decade be used to prop up this farce any longer.

I am serious I want nothing more to do with this forum. I won't say anything more. Because I will not be associated with cowards and bleeding hearts, victim card playing narcissists who want to get the last word in on everything.

If I could delete my account myself I would do so. But there is no option of doing so. So I'm left to make that request publicly.

All my points in this thread have been valid. Management chose to ignore them all and just assign blame. My way of "resetting" is to simply leave. Corb can have his petty victory as not even Frey can get through to corb and past his insanity.

I will not be drawn into these tiresome games and drama any longer.

I leave knowing that what I've said and the inactions that surround it speak for themselves.
However you want to take it. I have access to another forum to continue my work. I will not have what I spend my time on be soiled by people in here any longer.

I've seen enough drama in here over the years to know that all that has to be said is one little thing and the cycle begins again. Thanks but no thanks. I quit I'm done! you win and I'm gone simple as that.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #103 on: April 04, 2016, 01:18:05 pm »
Hey I thought it was over, but before I sip my morning coffee I get a PM from Corb wanting to end a once amicable collaboration. Clearly people can't just let the sh*t go and feel the need to keep the flame lit instead of letting it die down. Makes no sense to me whatsoever. This is out of control. Some threads need to be locked for good so the drama can finally end but finding a moderator is harder then ending the EU refugee crisis. So I guess we most all wear some sunscreen in order to keep the flames from burning us alive.

One must embrace the flame, become one with it.

I still don't even know why you guys are fighting.

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
« Reply #104 on: April 04, 2016, 01:38:00 pm »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 04:49:12 am by Captain Adam »
Odo :    
to O'Brien

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #105 on: April 04, 2016, 02:37:03 pm »
I'm only requesting that under the freedom of information act and data protection act which are codified under British law that all my posts and the account associated with them be removed.

Dynaverse.net is not under British jurisdiction.  1776 and all that. 

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #106 on: April 04, 2016, 03:14:00 pm »

Dynaverse.net is not under British jurisdiction.  1776 and all that. 

Doesn't matter the First Amendment of the American Constitution which is technically valid for the entire internet still allows me to make that case. My right to free speech and the right to protect my data under the federation of electronic freedoms still allows my request is still valid.

I hold the intellectual property rights of what I have said and done. Will you deny me that right?

Come on Nemesis, you've been waiting to bust me and shut me up already. So just do it. Or do you want to prove how inept you and the management here are.

I have the right to have what I have posted through the history of my stay on this forum to be removed. Do you really want to start another flame war because someone wants to leave and You refuse to enable said request?

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #107 on: April 04, 2016, 07:20:16 pm »
Doesn't matter the First Amendment of the American Constitution which is technically valid for the entire internet still allows me to make that case. My right to free speech and the right to protect my data under the federation of electronic freedoms still allows my request is still valid.

I hold the intellectual property rights of what I have said and done. Will you deny me that right?

You had your free speech and your copyright was exercised.  That does not give you the right to erase what was published by you freely.  It doubly does not force others to go around erasing what you published and regret now. 

Come on Nemesis, you've been waiting to bust me and shut me up already. So just do it. Or do you want to prove how inept you and the management here are.

????  Are you crazy?  The ONLY people I have ever muted are spammers.  I even have avoided moderating certain individuals who would go ballistic and get banned merely because it was ME that moderated them (I got other moderators who would not get the same response on the case so the moderation was done).  I have NEVER argued for banning someone at most I have accepted that the ban that was proposed by others was fair.  I HATE seeing people banned.

I have the right to have what I have posted through the history of my stay on this forum to be removed. Do you really want to start another flame war because someone wants to leave and You refuse to enable said request?

Already covered earlier in this post.  You had your say and have no right to force others to go around erasing it. 

If you leave it is your choice just as it was your choice to arrive and post what you have.  Frey and the Admins have the free choice to ban or not ban you to delete your posts and or accounts or not to delete them. 

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2016, 09:47:46 pm »
I know for a fact, in the past Nem has asked me to step in, when he caught something as well, due to them throwing a sh*t fit in the past, because it was him.

Guys, I'm part of the problem here. I'll admit it. My wife has just had her knees replaced, about 3 weeks ago, and even leading up to that, had my time fully taken. Prior to that, I was getting our new home moved in, after our old one was torn to hell by a Tornado. (BTW thanks again Frey for driving all the way up from Texas, and feeding my family after that happened. I'll never forget that at all.)

I do try and read each thread, and man Have I deleted a bunch of spammers. I do apologize for not being as active , and as much as I love Frey, I have to take some Family time first (heck Frey even agrees with me on that).

That being said, I'll try and be more active, although to be honest, after what, 20 years, I think we have all heard the same old stories before.

FW, man, I am sorry that you are feeling marginalized here.  you are a good guy, hell I would never have asked you to help moderate the models forum if I thought otherwise. I always figured if there was something wrong there, I'd see it in a report to mod section, or see a thread in the mod lounge.

Shoot fellers, I think maybe you all should just take a step back, fill up the car with gas, and come out to visit, have a beer, and then decide what ya want to do.  Please guys, never make a choice like this when pissed, walk away for a while, and most of all, let's give some props to those who have done a lot for us here. From Mods to coders, to model makers, etc. etc. you guys do deserve a kudos as far as I'm concerned.

Anyways, Hell, blame me , I can take it, I got huge shoulders,.

The only other thing I can offer, is that in any private forum, there is no right to free speech. It's just not covered. I understand the anger, but even if it was, it would take a month at least to Delete every single post made by a person. Well, unless Crim decided to work his magic again.
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #109 on: April 05, 2016, 06:59:34 am »
Well, unless Crim decided to work his magic again.

Assuming the mass deletion didn't cause a "Crim" again by itself. 

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2016, 08:43:16 am »
Haha, exactly. ahh yeah, the good ole days , when Crim decided to "Enforce" the law , wiping out a certain beloved Moderators posts.
I think it took out that one dude who made the "Time Line" stuff, tying in the books with the movies.
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2016, 09:55:32 am »
I know that certain threads that I posted in at the time are gone. 

A little story that no one here knows that might show FW just how wrong he is about me.

Back when we had Karma certain people here had negative values in the 3 digit range.  I personally set out to put them positive though it took months.  I expanded it to ANYONE with negative karma at all, including the guy who I knew (mod access to karma logs) routinely dinged me and was responsible for almost all my negative karma.  I raised most of those people to a karma of 100 positive, even banned individuals who were banned for all the right reasons.  (I'm sure Stephen knows who it was that was dinging me as he commented in the Mod forum about it - but please keep it to yourself Stephen ;) ).  I could have raised a stink about the Karma bombing as some forum members did but I didn't I merely kept his karma on the + range regardless of his actions to me. 

So I'm not the type to be frothing at the mouth wanting to ban/mute you FW more the opposite, someone who would salvage the situation if I knew how and had the power.  If I was that type there are others who would have been far above you on the list and I can't see any reason why I of all people would want to have you banned, I've barely seen any of your posts outside this thread. 

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2016, 10:20:00 am »
*POOF*

Hiya  fellas!

I heard my name three times....so what can I break for ya?

Arms?..legs?...forums?

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2016, 10:21:52 am »
I thought that only worked with Derek Sm ...lost connection...

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2016, 10:32:17 am »
*POOF*

Hiya  fellas!

Arms?..legs?...forums?

Let's test a theory . . .

Nannerslug

Nannerslug

Nannerslug

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2016, 10:34:18 am »
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 03:55:25 pm by d4v1ks »

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2016, 12:18:06 pm »
*POOF*

Hiya  fellas!

Arms?..legs?...forums?

Let's test a theory . . .

Nannerslug

Nannerslug

Nannerslug

I'll have to see what I can do, I still see Paul's dad on STO every now and then.

@ Nem ROFL @ Derek smart.

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2016, 08:57:29 am »
...the hell guys??

Reading this thread I feel like that cat in the GBU gif

sigh

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2016, 12:39:04 pm »
Yeah, guys, Gonna lock this one up.