Topic: Beyond sucked  (Read 14370 times)

Offline Tumulorum Fossor

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Beyond sucked
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2016, 10:58:31 am »
DOh!

Fooled again....

...However those WERE two cats that Kirk was enjoying some R&R with...

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2016, 01:00:01 pm »
Paramount was alarmed that there were no annoyingly unrealistic and distracting lense flares to be found in Axanar.

Perhaps if they added some maybe Paramount might review their stance on the matter.

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2016, 07:07:49 pm »
I have not finish watching this garbage and I hate it!

This new Enterprise look so much like a garbage scout! Its week in every term, its shield can't stand against an attack and its weapons are useless. The crew seem distracted and Kirk is slow to react.

The escape pod have parachute? Some of them look like missiles.

I don't expect Paramount to realize that this Star Trek reboot was a bad idea. They should at lest keep the original Enterprise (Constitution class). The Enterprise D is better looking that this bad reboot imitation.

I still don't see why Paramount wont allow Anaxar to be produce? Are they jealous of the producer because they have a better scenario and this "free" movie will have a better successes that any new Star Trek movie they made?

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2016, 10:34:24 am »
I still don't see why Paramount wont allow Anaxar to be produce? Are they jealous of the producer because they have a better scenario and this "free" movie will have a better successes that any new Star Trek movie they made?

Yup.

Hopefully the new show will suck enough that the franchise is devalued enough for so it's cheap enough for another game to be made in the SFB model.
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2016, 11:06:10 am »
A reboot of Star Trek would have been good, but they need to keep it "cannon" as much as its possible.

First don't rethink how the Enterprise look. Two find a better scenarist so the story will be good. Who did the scenario of Star Trek Fist contact and the series Star trek Enterprise? Use him/them so you can keep a good stories.

Its sad that Paramount can't see that this new Star Trek is a financier disaster and they should flush the idea of another Star Trek movie.

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2016, 12:57:32 pm »
They  found aold ship, the USS Franklin NX 326 They call it the first warp 4 ship. But The Enterprise was NX 01 and was the first warp 5 ship.

So where that ship came from? it was build long after the Enterprise and its a warp 4?  Also the motorcycle Kirk found still have gas in the tank after like 100 years and the battery was still good?

So much inconsistance with the time line is so stupid!

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2016, 09:02:55 pm »
Could it be that they are trying to make us look back fondly on the Berman & Braga years.
I am alright, it is the world that is wrong.

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2016, 09:12:24 pm »
It's really hard for me to take criticisms seriously when someone improperly uses "cannon" and "financier" instead of "canon" and "financial."   ;)
The ships ID's have always been a spotty point for tracking Starfleet - was the Constellation (1071) than much older than Enterprise (1701)? No, it was just easier to make from a AMT plastic kit's decals. They made it clear it was a warp-4 ship, so it's older than Archer's "E," NX number be damned. At least they tied Elba's character to ST "past" with MACO and Xindi references. (Oops, spoiler, I guess).

The less said about the motorcycle scene, the better.

At nearly $300 million worldwide so far, STB may not be the runaway hit Paramount wanted but not a bomb either. Whether or not this will impact the "next" film remains to be seen. However... wanting the films and new TV show to fail in the hopes of getting a new game is, as a Vulcan acquaintance says, highly illogical. If ST dies, it takes the games/books/tie-ins with it. Sorry, my level of schadenfreude doesn't rise to the level of self-injury. Let's hope some lessons can be learned and they'll stop hiring action directors to make what should be a sci-fi film. Frankly, that's been the problem with almost all of the ST movies - action and explosions with cardboard villains instead of the intelligence and thoughtful characters that Trek TV did, thanks as much to Berman and Braga as to Fontana and Coon.

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2016, 08:18:16 am »
How did they get 450 peoples in a ship that (beside the crews quarters) can carry like 50 + poeples?

How did that ship crash on that planet?

I find it weird that they where able to blowup the other ship with VHF and something like "rap" music.

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2016, 10:45:05 am »
let's not quibble over how the music was used, but the Beastie Boys are hip-hop. They deserve that much respect.

I do wonder how many Enterprise crew survived the attack and escape. They beam out several groups of 20-30 and you see them crowded into the "POW" camp, but, what, maybe 100-200? More? Did they ever give a number? IIRC, there was some passing comment on how Franklin crashed; but I just wonder that if it was fixable, why Elba didn't just use that for his sneak attack on Yorktown Starbase a la Reliant in TWOK? One of the many plotholes for sure.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2016, 02:10:23 pm »
This dumb piece of sh*t isn't worth that much thought.
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .