Topic: Interesting stuff about SpaceX Starship (hate the name)  (Read 348 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Interesting stuff about SpaceX Starship (hate the name)
« on: May 02, 2020, 10:14:06 pm »
A youtube site,  There are non Starship and non SpaceX things as well. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBNHHEoiSF8pcLgqLKVugOw/videos
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Re: Interesting stuff about SpaceX Starship (hate the name)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 05:23:04 pm »
SpaceX Employee on SN4 explosion: "Hey Boss, we blew up another one."
Elon Musk: "Well, don't just sit there, roll the next one out to the test stand!"

Not literally of course.  They had to dismantle the test stand and pretty much immediately began assembling another.  They have at least the next 3 in varying stages of assembly so the project isn't being much slowed down.  Amazing to see a rocket literally being developed with a production line of units ready to take up where the prior one fails. 
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2020, 09:45:10 am »
The Soviets weren't much on test stands.  They seemed to like figuring out what went wrong with their engines by the way they destroyed entire vehicles.
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 09:55:39 am »
I think this is 4 that SpaceX has blown up in this line of prototypes.  First time I know of the stand going with it.  They were impressively fast at getting a new stand well underway, they had to have the material on hand just for it. 

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2020, 10:50:48 pm »
I've known this for days but I find it impressive that SpaceX is not only being allowed to reuse the Crew Dragons capsules but allowed to launch them on reused Falcon 9 rockets.