Topic: Give Romulans a quantum singularity  (Read 21348 times)

Tulmahk

Re: Give Romulans a quantum singularity
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2003, 04:31:53 pm »
Quote:

I used your same approach (M/O) and then used the difference between the 2 divided by the Fed output to obtain pourcentage of comparative efficiency.

Hi Remiak.  I just love peer review.  Let's turn this forum into a scientific journal, shall we?  

I find your methodology flawed, though.

My equation M/O = E produces the result (E) Efficiency.  What the heck are you doing to get your numbers?  Maybe you could post the equation you're using?  From your description, I just don't get it.  Is it:

(FE-RE) / FO = CE

(FE = Fed Efficiency RE = Romulan Efficiency FO = Fed Output CE = Comparative Efficiency)

Is this is the equation you're using?  Efficiency is determined by the mass a warp core needs to produce 1 point of power.  Let's use the Warp X from Rom and Fed to compare true efficiency:

Rom Warp X Output = 145
Rom Warp X Mass = 7900
Rom Warp X Efficiency (M/O)= 54.5

Fed Warp X Ouput = 145
Fed Warp X Mass = 7200
Fed Warp X Efficiency = 49.6

Wow, you're right about the Warp X cores.  The Fed one is 9% more efficient.  Maybe each race has it's own most efficient warp core?

Ok, I need to go do a complete analysis.  My choosing of the IX cores was just arbitrary.  I was under the impression that Romulan cores were the most efficient across the board.  So my conclusion about the Rom Warp X core is that it is complete junk.  Sure, it puts out the same power as the Fed X, but it is substantially bigger, and Rom ships have (I believe) less engineering space than Fed ones.

Roms, stay away from the Warp X core!

Tulmahk

« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2003, 04:39:03 pm »
Remiak,

Going over your numbers agian, I see what you're doing with them now.

And yes, I'm forced to agree with you.  You are absolutely right.  The Feds do have the best Warp cores overall, followed by Klingons (for their smaller ships, anyway) and then last, as usual, the Roms.

Would you agree that Romulan players who use the Warbird should be using a Warp IX core?  That's the conclusion I've come to, and it's the stragegy that I always use, since I'm an unapologetic Warbird flyer.  

Son of Technobabble

« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2003, 04:47:30 pm »
Quote:

The Feds do have the best Warp cores overall, followed by Klingons (for their smaller ships, anyway) and then last, as usual, the Roms.

Why is it that I'm not surprised at all... they wouldn't be Feds if it wasn't that way...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Son of Technobabble »

Remiak

« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2003, 06:14:25 pm »
Quote:

Would you agree that Romulan players who use the Warbird should be using a Warp IX core?  That's the conclusion I've come to, and it's the stragegy that I always use, since I'm an unapologetic Warbird flyer.  

I agree with you for PvP.
When doing assault (planetary/bases) on D3 for pp farming, I increase warp as the taget will not go anywhere.

I also like to fly the WB a lot even with its flaw, I play for fun and flying that ship is fun for me.

Thanks  

Cleaven

« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2003, 08:00:40 pm »
When the game first came out and people started crunching the numbers it was noted that the Warp 9 efficiency was probably the result of a typo because it didn't fit with the rest of the warp cores in a smoother way. 9,9,-5,10 and 1,-1,-8,5 for the Fed and Klingon ratios is inconsistent at the ninth position.  

Aenigma

« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2003, 12:53:50 am »
So what do suggested, make the warpcore heavier and less powerful to compenstate for the other races. Now that would be a great idea The difficulty with the warbird is that you can have
a: a very slow ship with powerful weapons
or b: a very fast ship (±50) with puny weapons (that's why my latest outfit carries no heavy-plasmas, they cost just too much energy for my warpcore IX, but instead has three AM-Minelayers, which are quite nasty in 1v1, especially with this speed).

Aenigma
In The Service of The Empire