Topic: Romulan Condor - wip  (Read 7136 times)

Marauth

Re: Romulan Condor - wip
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2003, 03:26:17 pm »
I see em fine.

Thu11s - any info, please? Even telling us they wont be out till christmas would be better than not telling us anything... Erm, no wait scrap that, just release em when ready...

BTW Thu11s - what part of London are you in/from, I from the northeast, well right on the edge of Essex actually, kind of a bad image really - you know that show 'Essex Wives'? Just a few blocks away from us they filmed that!

Thu11s

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2003, 02:38:55 am »
Sorry for no update peeps

Been busy at work doing extra days covering peoples holidays  But my days off have been spent out on my bike whilst the weathers been good, so it's not all bad . Next week is my short week (only in Wed & Thurs) so hopefully have this and the SkyHawk done for the end of the week (fingers crossed!)

Quote:

BTW Thu11s - what part of London are you in/from, I from the northeast, well right on the edge of Essex actually, kind of a bad image really - you know that show 'Essex Wives'? Just a few blocks away from us they filmed that!  

I'm in over in West London just down the road from Heathrow, a poky little town called West Drayton

Thu11s
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Thu11s »

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2003, 05:38:20 am »
Thank you for the update Thulls

Qa Pla!

KF

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2003, 01:55:54 pm »
BUMP for news and back to page 1.

My Romulan and Prime Industres ships are in for a boost.  

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2003, 04:14:56 pm »
BUMP for release news, LOL.

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2003, 05:44:47 pm »
I can not be the only person interested in Thulls' latest works!

BUMP for news!

Thulls, ADB should approach you to do a TMP miniatures line...

Qapla!

KF

Marauth

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2003, 06:02:04 pm »
Classic though it would be to have miniatures of Thu11s' ships (I'm still trying to figure out how to go about scratchbuilding a Firehawk) ADB would have to manufacture them in the reviled 1/3000-and-somethingth scale (I forget exactly what scale those miniatures are in) - besides ADB models always suck. Obviously we need a garage company to make 1/1400th scale resin models of Thu11s' work.

Anyway BUMP - Thu11s where are you man? You've not got trapped by that evil alien lifeform they call real life again have you?

Thu11s

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2003, 07:41:25 am »
Quote:

Thu11s where are you man? You've not got trapped by that evil alien lifeform they call real life again have you?  

Shhhh, Im at work..... Yup, real life has its evil, ugly & corrupted hand on me again :/   Currently a 6 day week for me this week, 12 hours a day   Did lates last night and on earlies this morning so have had about 4 hours kip

Quote:

Classic though it would be to have miniatures of Thu11s' ships (I'm still trying to figure out how to go about scratchbuilding a Firehawk) ADB would have to manufacture them in the reviled 1/3000-and-somethingth scale (I forget exactly what scale those miniatures are in) - besides ADB models always suck. Obviously we need a garage company to make 1/1400th scale resin models of Thu11s' work.

Easy way to do this (although expensive, maybe hard to get someone/somewhere to do it, relatively time consuming, so maybe not easy!) is convert the 3ds files to a format AutoCAD can handle and get them made using Stereolithography (pretty sure thats what its called, been a while since Uni). It's a manufacturing process where you have a vat of liquid plastic (not sure which one) and a platform that goes down into the liquid. It starts at the top and lasers (UV I think) are fired onto the surface of the liquid setting it in the shape you want. As the platform moves down, it slowly builds up a 3d shape by setting layer upon layer. You can make pretty much limitless shapes with it, even hollow shapes with no holes or weld lines. Saves time and money in not needing tooling, you just send info from the PC and off it goes. Little effort but expensive. It's mainly used for prototyping if memory serves

Anyhooo, slightly OT, the SkyHawk is now done and just the head and boom section of the Condor need doing. I'm off work Sunday thru till Tuesday so hopefully get them up then

Sorry for the lack of updates all round, but by the time i get home it's either real late or the last thing i wanna do is stare at ANOTHER  monitor, as at work I'm in a room by myself with 16 monitors!!!  can you say "Radiation", lol

Thu11s  

Captain KoraH

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2003, 12:55:57 pm »
I can't wait!

Rod O'neal

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2003, 07:13:05 pm »
It'll be great to get these. They'll make great additions to my game

Anthony_Scott

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2003, 08:30:12 pm »
I can't wait for this ship to be ready!!!

-bump-LOL

Bubba91873

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2003, 08:32:34 pm »
I've liked his work.  

Rod O'neal

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2003, 08:18:50 am »
Bump in anticipation of something good.

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2003, 07:13:41 pm »
BUMP for release news!

Page two indeed!!!!

Hey Thulls, check this out at Sci-Fi meshes: http://www.scifi-meshes.com/gallery/data/501/546the_ambush-med.jpg

KF  

Qob'nuH

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2003, 08:16:29 pm »
More ships of your firehawk's quality..............HELL YES!!!!!!!!  You should  look at the ship in Sovereign Empire's post
Looks like it would go well with your expanding Rom fleet.  

Captain KoraH

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2003, 11:34:53 am »
Hey Thu11s lets get some updated screenshots!

Thu11s

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2003, 04:10:19 pm »
Quote:

Hey Thu11s lets get some updated screenshots!  

K, this is the current situ, was kinda unhappy/not feeling perfectionist enough about some of the texturing, so have re-worked some of the hull textures. This is it so far. feel alot happier wtih it now. Before, the hull plating didn't stand out enough and the mapping didn't line up too brilliant, so it got redone!

and a close up of the big bird itself (again reworked)

Also tidied up some of the mesh aswell as redone some texturing on the SkyHawk. Add to this, I've tidied up some of the shield sizing on the ISC CL and CLS which will all go public in a couple of days. I'm planning for a Feral Yards update at the weekend, where both this and the SkyHawk will be available, maybe some others depending how busy I am  

Rod O'neal

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2003, 12:24:09 am »
Wow!!! That looks incredible. You can almost see feathers on the ventral bird. It looks like it's going to be well worth the wait.    

Rhaz

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2003, 08:49:40 am »
OMG the bird on the belly is awesome!  (well worth the wait)

Cheers,

RipperMan

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2003, 03:50:24 pm »
wooo! awesome texturing my friend.

I too have not been able to do much art wise :-(

I am glad to see that you and some others are tho in this busy time of year.

some quick messages

Thu11s - let me know if you want me to publish this ship on the FW front page
KF - when you gonna send me those ship pics!
CKORAH - send me an e-mail when u get a free moment.

Awesome work all ;-)