Topic: Do any women play this game? Please don't tell me.  (Read 19467 times)

SPQR Raven

Do any women play this game? Please don't tell me.
« on: January 24, 2003, 01:19:40 am »
    this is a dude ranch! I remember Jackel's girlfriend used to play but that's about the only female I think I have ever heard of even attempting this game. Please prove me wrong.....

Also, this was inspired by the Victoria's Secret thread...I have this image of a bunch of white, hairy guys with SFC2 baseball caps strolling around Victoria's Secret, looking for a nice teddy.    

Tao

Re: Do any women play this game? Please don't tell me.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2003, 01:40:36 am »
Not sure if you're talking about SFC3 only or not, but in EAW there is KRolling (Hooch's personal nurse? I think. Or something) and Tracey G the Fed uppity muck SFCnet  admiral . Then there's Ferret something or other (IX? IXUUIU?) from Hawaii.

Don't hit me Tracey, I meant uppity-muck in a nice way of course....  

VladthImpaler

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2003, 01:54:13 am »
There are a few women that play. Ferret's "old lady" is AlienXIX.

Please dont hit me Alien....Did I actually say that???  

Rogue-11z

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2003, 03:56:36 am »
Heck yeah women play SFC games..I actually met my fiancee playing SFC2, she blew the crap outa me and I am a pretty decent player lol...

Thanks

Rogue

Credo Narth

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2003, 05:06:37 am »
Really?!? I never thought of SFC as a great way to pick up chicks. I'll have to practice my alpha strikes extra hard this weekend...

EmeraldEdge

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2003, 05:17:44 am »
Actually I think there are at least a couple of pairs of people who have met their wives/husbands through SFC, besides the one listed above.  Amazing huh?  Maybe some people should rethink the way they act on servers and in the forums.  They might stand a chance at meeting someone special, lol.  Although the unruly ones always claim to be in a very steadyrelationship with a few on the side.  

ActiveX

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2003, 05:32:30 am »
Quote:

Although the unruly ones always claim to be in a very steadyrelationship with a few on the side.

Hehe, and they are usually the ones who don't have anybody...

I have heard of stranger things, my dad met his girlfriend on the MSN Zone playing Backgammon...  

Fab

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2003, 06:35:22 am »
My wife of 8½ years and I played SFC(1) together, and then when SFC3 came out we jumped on in for a month and a half.  Unfortunately, we both started to lose our SFC3 buzz about the same time and went back to playing SFC again.  I played on the first Assimilation! as SixPointOhTwo and she was emc2.

kitten

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2003, 07:20:55 am »
i spend most of my gaming time with tribunal these days, but i spent tons of time with sfc playing with my husband (an old sfb-hound).

he's back in the navy now so i'm watching the site for him, to catch the sfc3 patch.  

KRolling

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2003, 07:21:08 am »
HOOCH'S PERSONAL NURSE, OR SOMETHING?!!!!!

Look, baby, I ain't nobody's personal anything.  

On a lighter note, thanks for mentioning me.
Just keep my titles and decriptions a little more accurate.

Flt Capt K Rolling

Alidar Jarok

Re: Do any women play this game? Please don't tell
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2003, 08:24:53 am »
Don't forget Darkmaster.

Too bad Harry didn't get that SFC3 preview up in time

Krusaderr

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2003, 08:46:18 am »
There was a good number back during the time of SFC1. However, the community acted a different way during that time. Don't get me wrong. There were still assholes. However, with mplayer and voice chatting, it was easy to boot out the unwanted buttheads. From my recollections, the women that I remember that had the best voices were two sisters: Heavenly and Dream were their handles. They were from Australia. Some former members who used to play SFC1 on mplayer understand who I am talking about. I guess because I was always a sucker for accents.

As for now, Gamespy is not comfortable. Everytime I am in there. Things just feel too forced. Some people will know what I am talking about. On mplayer, it was just more comfortable. So, my guess is that they are out there, but keep things on the quiet side, or in their own areas so to speak. Who could blame them? Things are different now.  

AlienLXIX

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2003, 10:21:43 am »
Quote:

There are a few women that play. Ferret's "old lady" is AlienXIX.

Please dont hit me Alien....Did I actually say that???  

I am not an old lady yet! LOL  But then I'm not the baby of the forums either!  

I listened to ABBA when I was in elementary school . . .

Iron Maiden was hot when I was a Freshman in Pearl City High . . .

And one day soon my sons are going to say to me "Mom, what's a Duran Duran?" :rolleyes:  

Rob Cole

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2003, 10:37:24 am »
SSCF FltCapt K Rolling
Hooch's Personal Nurse
SSCF Integritus NCC 1996
"Integrity Is Always The Issue"

There thats better:D

Toasty0

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2003, 10:42:00 am »
Quote:

There was a good number back during the time of SFC1. However, the community acted a different way during that time. Don't get me wrong. There were still assholes. However, with mplayer and voice chatting, it was easy to boot out the unwanted buttheads. From my recollections, the women that I remember that had the best voices were two sisters: Heavenly and Dream were their handles. They were from Australia. Some former members who used to play SFC1 on mplayer understand who I am talking about. I guess because I was always a sucker for accents.

As for now, Gamespy is not comfortable. Everytime I am in there. Things just feel too forced. Some people will know what I am talking about. On mplayer, it was just more comfortable. So, my guess is that they are out there, but keep things on the quiet side, or in their own areas so to speak. Who could blame them? Things are different now.  

I believe you're talking about Heavenly and Dreamy on the now defunct Mplayer.

Best,
Jerry  

**DONOTDELETE**

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2003, 10:57:37 am »
Quote:

Quote:

I believe you're talking about Heavenly and Dreamy on the now defunct Mplayer.

Best,
Jerry  

Ah...those were the days.....voice chat in rooms....

Both these ladies had beautiful speaking voices with that aussie accent.....and yeah they are sisters.........

And yes.....I believe sfaret meet his wife playing SFC also....

My wife HATES SFC......hehe...makes me like it even more

Ah...I forgot to add that I would consider both heavenly and dream to be aces or at least elite players......got destroyed by them both more than I would care to admit.....
« Last Edit: January 24, 2003, 11:00:16 am by crimnick »

ActiveX

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2003, 12:38:26 pm »
Quote:

It's a wonder the women haven't been scared off the forum by...us.  

No kidding...

BTW: Bucs will chuck the Raiders out...  

CD_NT

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2003, 01:42:42 pm »
Quote:

Yeah, Heav and Dream were great to hang out with. I could
spend all day in room just listening to them talk. If I'm not
mistaken, Dream married a guy from a Gorn fleet (can't
remember his callsign) and the last I heard they had moved
back to Australia.

I miss the old SFC1/MPIG days. Man, it was a blast back then.
Did you ever run into that lady who would make a room in
the SFC1 lobby and all she would do is read from a book?
People would spend hours in her room just listening to her
read.  

Kieran Forester

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2003, 03:39:04 pm »
Quote:

Iron Maiden was hot when I was a Freshman in Pearl City High . . .

They might not be so hot anymore, but I like Iron Maiden, and I'm only a junior in high school myself...

Komodo

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2003, 04:28:02 pm »
Hmmm let's see...

GSG Gornicologist
RAGE BeachBum
CB Polarbear
CB Angeleyes
HippieChick
FEDX Ladyrage
FPF Tracy G
F9th Janeway
and a nod to Alien

a few I've met over the years