Topic: SFC3 MACRO UTILITY v0.9 READY!  (Read 17363 times)

Tulmahk

Re: Version 1.0 has been released!
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2003, 06:40:04 pm »
Nevermind the views column, that's just me!  

Would anyone else really come to this godforsaken thread?  Not if they wanted to retain their sanity.

Especailly after my infamous log post.  I challenge ANYONE (SgnhDubh, that means you!) to read that entire thing and not go on medication afterwords.  

Keep up the good work, BTW.  I'm making a bug list and checking it twice...  

P.S.  I am your #1 fan Vertigo.  Care to have a car wreck in front of my house sometime?    Just remember my penguin figurine always points to the SOUTH not north...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2003, 06:43:29 pm by Tulmahk »

Cocomoe

« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2003, 09:34:11 am »
  1.01 is uploaed at www.gfluniverse.net/downloads  
 It should fix the thins you posted Tulmahk.  According to Sam's e-mail./

Vertigo

« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2003, 08:58:25 pm »
Quote:

P.S.  I am your #1 fan Vertigo.  Care to have a car wreck in front of my house sometime?    Just remember my penguin figurine always points to the SOUTH not north...

A truly creepy book/movie.  

Subspace

Re: SFC3Macro v093 READY!
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2003, 11:18:11 pm »
Nice !!      

CptCastrin

« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2003, 11:58:36 am »
Having come into to this late excuse my ignorance but has anyone thought to tie the controls to a joy stick? That would free up a lot of keys on the keyboard.

Looks really cool either way. Great work Vertigo. If you need a fourth (fifth?) host for the file send me a PM of email me directly and we'll put it up at SFCx.org. In the mean time I've put up a news article and uploaded the curent version to www.sfcx.org .

Keep it up!        

Vertigo

« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2003, 03:52:02 pm »
Quote:

Having come into to this late excuse my ignorance but has anyone thought to tie the controls to a joy stick? That would free up a lot of keys on the keyboard.

Looks really cool either way. Great work Vertigo. If you need a fourth (fifth?) host for the file send me a PM of email me directly and we'll put it up at SFCx.org. In the mean time I've put up a news article and uploaded the curent version to www.sfcx.org .

Keep it up!        

Implementing a joystick never occured to me.  Unfortunately, implementing a joystick properly is a tremendous pain, DirectInput isn't exactly elegant.  Also, the existing utility would require some serious re-work to accept the code properly.  So, sorry, I think I'm going to have to say no for now.  However, thanks for the suggestion!

I love SFCX, BTW.  Great site!  

Vertigo

« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2003, 04:07:52 pm »
OK, I think this thread should be retired.  It's kind of a mess to wade through.  Therefore, I've opened a new thread at:

http://208.57.228.4/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=19380

The opening post also does a better job of explaining what SFC3Macro does.  

zaniwhoop2

« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2003, 11:20:12 pm »
Quote:

Implementing a joystick never occured to me.  Unfortunately, implementing a joystick properly is a tremendous pain, DirectInput isn't exactly elegant.  Also, the existing utility would require some serious re-work to accept the code properly.  So, sorry, I think I'm going to have to say no for now.  However, thanks for the suggestion!

I see a use for my skills...that is if you want it. I have dealt with a joystick specifally (I never have mine plugged in), but it's not too different from a mouse or keyboard (thanks to DirectInput for that). I also had a little work done for an out-of-game GUI for the utility that lets you set hotkeys, but I don't know if that's still in demand.  

Vertigo

SFC3 MACRO UTILITY v0.9 READY!
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2003, 04:42:49 am »
...Now, who can host it for me?

What it does:
---------------------------------
Once you have installed and started the utility it hides in the background.  This version alters the behavior of the "A" and "S" keys to make changing speeds easier.  "A" and "S" now increment and decrement speeds by 1/4 impulses.  So, if you are at a dead stop and press "S" repeatedly, your speed changes to:

1st press - 1/4 impulse (actually 26% due to the turning "sweet spot")
2nd press - half impulse
3rd press - 3/4 impulse
4th press - full impulse

The "A" key decelerates the same way, only the last press takes you to full reverse.
---------------------------------

I've got a nice Zip file with readme and source code.  I just need someone to host it for me, as I don't have a website.

More stuff coming, such as macros for energy settings.  But first people need to start banging on it, and find me some bugs.

Anyone willing to help me out?  Send me a PM.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2003, 04:46:23 am by Vertigo »

Vertigo

Re: SFC3 MACRO UTILITY v0.9 READY!
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2003, 03:04:30 pm »
*bump*

C'mon, where's the love?

Xantim

« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2003, 11:04:02 pm »
Sounds good.  

Arcilte

« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2003, 11:15:33 pm »
I like it. Sorry I have no where to host it  

Cocomoe

« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2003, 11:45:54 pm »
  Send it to me I should be able to put it up.

Vertigo

« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2003, 01:28:06 am »
Let's get this out of the way: I'm so sorry, you Oakland fans.  Ouch, ouch, ouch.  I'd rub it in, but I don't really like Tampa Bay either.

I've started mailing out copies to people who have contacted me.  As soon as someone sends me a URL, I'll post it here.

I've actually completed another rev, which now works at all resolutions.  The code is also a lot cleaner, and I've added a basic logging ability (for my own sanity).  When I complete the release build procedure, I'll mail it out to you nice people.

I've got a dilemma.  Currently the code hijacks "A" and "S", so SFC3 never sees these keystrokes.  I just realized that may totally mess up in-game chatting.  There's no easy way around this except to move the keys somewhere else.  Alternately, I could pass the keys onto SFC3, but that creates a "double-press effect" unless you unbind "A" and "S" in your options.  Any suggestions?  

Vertigo

« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2003, 01:49:33 am »
Cocomoe got me a working URL first, so props to him.  You can download the SCF3Macro util (v.9) from:

http://www.gfluniverse.net/downloads

Cocomoe

« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2003, 04:55:41 pm »
  He just released a .91  

Vertigo

« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2003, 07:37:51 pm »
There is also now a UK link, thanks to Jaffa:

http://www.whopperchopper.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/SFC3Macro_v091.zip

-Vertigo  

Vertigo

« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2003, 07:39:24 pm »
BTW, has anyone actually TRIED this yet?    

I'd like to know if my util works outside the realm of my development PC.

Bueller?  

DrSchreber

« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2003, 08:32:25 pm »
Just curious, but.......

Does it come with a manual?

DrSchreber  

zaniwhoop2

« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2003, 08:55:08 pm »
Quote:

I've got a dilemma.  Currently the code hijacks "A" and "S", so SFC3 never sees these keystrokes.  I just realized that may totally mess up in-game chatting.  There's no easy way around this except to move the keys somewhere else.  Alternately, I could pass the keys onto SFC3, but that creates a "double-press effect" unless you unbind "A" and "S" in your options.  Any suggestions?  

I have a little program I made that captures keystrokes without disrupting other progs. It's written in C++ and uses DirectInput, and the  graphical frontend uses MFC. I'd be willing to share the source with you. Unfotunately I can't test it with SFC3 since I don't have the game (yet).