• Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Re: SETI Thread
« Reply #220 on: February 02, 2006, 07:27:07 pm »
well i'm numbe 4 in the RAC now :)

Now can you reach #3?

Fear the Mighty Moo!!

19) moofighters     72.20     6.56     United States

May he trample his way up the rankings once more.  MOO!
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #221 on: February 02, 2006, 08:03:51 pm »
me doubts i'll reach numero 3, i've got 2 computers running v. postman's 4...  of course i can OC one of them.....
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #222 on: February 02, 2006, 08:17:59 pm »
me doubts i'll reach numero 3, i've got 2 computers running v. postman's 4...  of course i can OC one of them.....

Bluff a little.  Make him feel the heat, even if its only imaginary.  Thats how the Moo Hunt V1.0 began.  :)

If you have total control over all your computers you have an advantage over Postman.
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline The Postman

• 1st Sgt, Bugler, Commander, L. A. Tifft Camp 15, SUVCW
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #223 on: February 02, 2006, 10:02:56 pm »

Bluff a little.  Make him feel the heat, even if its only imaginary.  Thats how the Moo Hunt V1.0 began.  :)

If you have total control over all your computers you have an advantage over Postman.

This is what I have been working on this very night. 2.6 HT, 800 fsb, 400 gig raid etc, etc  Expected RAC, 500 - 600, Total cost, < $250US so far :) and this one is Mine, all mine. :) :)
All I need is my raid card(in transit) and a boot drive for the OS

Link: ht

Offline moofighters

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #224 on: February 03, 2006, 03:58:54 pm »

Now can you reach #3?

Fear the Mighty Moo!!

I'll do what I can, but I don't have the processing power I did way back when.......   or do I ??     MOOOOO!!!!  :-)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #225 on: February 03, 2006, 04:17:39 pm »

Now can you reach #3?

Fear the Mighty Moo!!

I'll do what I can, but I don't have the processing power I did way back when.......   or do I ??     MOOOOO!!!!  :-)

See Tus?  Moo know how it done.  Bluff and sound confident.

I don't have the processing power I had back then either ... I have more ... much more.  :)[/color]

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #226 on: February 03, 2006, 04:27:10 pm »
well if i get desperate enough i can alwasy resort to useing the computer labs....
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #227 on: February 05, 2006, 04:44:45 pm »
Well it looks like ~1025 +/-10 is my current daily ceiling.  At least until I decide I just have to build a new system.

Offline GE-Raven

• Lord God Emperor for Life of the Taldren SETI Group
  • D.Net VIP
  • Commander
  • The cause of AND solution to life's problems
    • Raven's Nest
« Reply #228 on: February 06, 2006, 08:59:20 am »
Looks like I just cracked 900,000.   ;D

Looks like I am 16-18 days from 1,000,000

GE-Raven

Offline RazalYllib

• Imperial Romulan Information Service-senior advisor
  • Lt.
    • IRIS
« Reply #229 on: February 07, 2006, 07:46:00 am »
Wonder how much production my new box will output:

AMD 64 x2 4800+

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe Motherboard

2x 1 gig Corsair DDR400 ram

for video, went w/ 2 x eVGA GeForce 7800 GTX w/ ACS....

Should be here by the weekend. Going to be a busy one as I move data around from wifes box to my current one for back ups, my back up needs....should be quite eventful...
Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand
Says "don't you see?"
Gotta make it somehow
On the dreams you still believe
Don't give it up
You got an empty cup
Only love can fill
Only love can fill

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #230 on: February 07, 2006, 05:55:02 pm »
Raven is on the move, Postman as well and now RazalYllib.  Things may be getting interesting.
:)

Offline RazalYllib

• Lt.
    • IRIS
« Reply #231 on: February 07, 2006, 06:31:40 pm »
Even w/ a Phat Box...they are going to blow me away.

Just wanting to ensure I stay as far ahead of AJTK (founding member of the blue plague) as my budget will allow.
Says "don't you see?"
Gotta make it somehow
Don't give it up
You got an empty cup
Only love can fill
Only love can fill

Offline The Postman

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #232 on: February 07, 2006, 07:39:18 pm »

Just wanting to ensure I stay as far ahead of AJTK (founding member of the blue plague) as my budget will allow.

Based on todays numbers

RazalYllib will not overtake anyone!

RazalYllib will be overtaken by:
                         days
IKV Nemesis         37.6
Kenneth Yeast    772.3
Tus                    926.8

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #233 on: February 07, 2006, 09:16:48 pm »

Based on things I have read that chip might get to a RAC of 800 or more all by itself if it is 24/7.  So you may easily become a threat to myself and perhaps Postman depending on how much he can keep his expanded farm going.

Offline RazalYllib

• Lt.
    • IRIS
« Reply #234 on: February 08, 2006, 07:11:43 am »
Just have to wait and see, Reyam has a duel core as well, may have to "encourage" him to decloak and install boinc...under my acct naturally
Says "don't you see?"
Gotta make it somehow
Don't give it up
You got an empty cup
Only love can fill
Only love can fill

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #235 on: February 08, 2006, 08:28:05 am »
i think my brother's computer might accidently get seti installed this weekend...
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline The Postman

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #236 on: February 11, 2006, 07:08:00 am »
 :)What a difference a week makes...

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #237 on: February 11, 2006, 02:58:57 pm »
:)What a difference a week makes...

Over the last few weeks Raven has woken.  You have been kicked into action.  TUS reactivated and has reached #4 for RAC.  Moofighters has rejoined us and begun his RAC climbing (#10 at present).  RazalYllib is talking dual core.  So I have to agree the things are perking up.  Which I quite enjoy.

Have you noticed this?

Team Rank TC:     236 of 35,820
Team Rank RAC:     135 of 35,820

As a team we should be rising.  Pretty good for only 15 currenlty active members.  More than 2/3s Raven of course.

As an individual I've reached the top 20,000 in the world.  Top 1000 in Canada.  #6 in my signup class.  Still rising across the board.

Offline GE-Raven

• Lord God Emperor for Life of the Taldren SETI Group
  • D.Net VIP
  • Commander
  • The cause of AND solution to life's problems
    • Raven's Nest
« Reply #238 on: February 17, 2006, 08:48:13 am »
By my caclulations I should hit 1 Million sometime Sunday.

GE-Raven

Offline RazalYllib

• Lt.
    • IRIS
« Reply #239 on: February 17, 2006, 09:37:23 am »
After an exceptionally long and extreamly intense war, my new system is up and crunching SETI...it was a long and bloody struggle, but the Romulan Empire succeeded in this endeavor. The new system, which should give many years of service to Empire:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Processor Socket 939

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI Athlon 64(FX)/Athlon 64 X2/Sempron Skt939 DDR ATX Motherboard w/Audio, Dual Gigabit LAN, RAID/Serial ATA

Zalman CNPS9500 LED CPU Cooler

eVGA e-GeForce 7800 GTX W/ACS3 PCI Express 256MB DDR3 Video Card w/HDTV, Dual DVI & VIVO (got 2 of them)

Thermaltake Swing VB6000SNS Mid Tower Case (Silver)

Thermaltake W0049RUC Silent PurePower 680W Power Supply w/Active PFC  

Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2PT 1GB DDR400 XMS3200 Dual-Channel Memory w/Platinum Heat Spreader

Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 ST3250823AS 250GB Serial ATA 7200RPM Hard Drive w/8MB Buffer

Shuttle CR40 16X Double Layer DVD±RW Drive

Case and initial components went together fairly easy. The Case wiring was just "ok" not as nice as the power supply though, with more than enough color coded power taps. Very nice gets the thumbs up on great design!

The Zalman CNPS9500 LED CPU Cooler was interesting to install, and somewhat painful. Google for an pic and imagine those copper vanes penetrating any soft fleshy body parts that just happen to come into contact with it. In hindsight, should have gotten a pair of thin rubber gloves for handling it. Would have saved many drops of my own red vino (I left a couple on the case as a reminder that thin copper vanes BITE).

Everything went together smoothly after that and initial power test went OK. Plugged a moniter in and started to install win xp pro w/ sp2....even that seemed to go well...too well it seems.

Got WinXP installed and made a error...I decided to put some of the additional non essential hardware in and plug it in to the network to update drivers. That destablized it in a major league way...BSOD and lockdown was trouble shot methodically over 48 hours...more installs than I want to even contemplate, though I tip my hat again to da boyz and gurlz over in Redmond...the XP installer is very robust....back to the battle.....it turned out that my MB really did not care for the SB512 card in any of the PCI slots so I had to remove it, install all those itty bitty audio plugs for the front panel - but that gave me the time to re-cable every thing nice and pretty and more critically air flow!!!

I also couldnt get a stable install w/ both Vid cards in...had to install with a single, load drivers, then put it in...weirdness overall weirdness. Never had such a battle w/ hardware quirks like that. Once things were basically loaded and tested (except the sound) I install the only single disk stress software I possessed, Roller Coaster Tycoon 3...loaded that graphic intensive diversion and was absolutely blown away with the crispness and smoothness with all the bells and whistles maxed. Plopped down a couple stock coasters in Sandbox Mode and jumped in and took a ride...It was smooth and not a frame dropped even while looking around while on the ride. Once I got it upstairs from the basement "dungeon and raceway-30 foot HO scale slot car layout", I updated windows and installed CoH -- it also ran flawlessly with all the bells and whistles turned up to 11.

Of course the next piece of software to be loaded was boinc and things are looking nice that way, each core runs a separate piece of work and my other romulan buddy has been convinced that running boinc on his duel core would be a good idea for the Glory of the Empire. Cannot wait to see what the numbers are going to look like in a week or so.

Says "don't you see?"
Gotta make it somehow
Don't give it up
You got an empty cup
Only love can fill
Only love can fill