Topic: The patch?  (Read 21486 times)

Dash Jones

Re: The patch?
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2003, 07:19:23 pm »
Will you eat dirt if it isn't out next week?

Thanks for the news.

Alidar Jarok

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2003, 07:37:22 pm »
Quote:

The latest version of the patch is currently winding its way through the QA process.  Taldren sent us an updated version yesterday, and we are testing it.  There have been some issues cropping up - new bugs that had to be fixed - which is typical of any project.

At this rate, I feel pretty confident we will have a patch out next week.  That's not a guarantee, that's just my honest assessment.

Taldren's been working very hard, and they've fixed a lot of bugs.

We're all very anxious to get this out to you, but we want to make sure it is bulletproof.  

I'm glad of your confidence, considering...

=-)

EDIT: Dash Jones stole my idea.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2003, 07:39:18 pm by Alidar Jarok »

Arcilte

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2003, 08:30:53 pm »
Good news to hear!  

Aldaron

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2003, 10:28:42 pm »
Just everybody don't go nuts if it isn't out next week. As he said it's not a promise, sure thing or even a highly likely event. It's a BIG maybe.

Subspace

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2003, 11:39:44 pm »
True lets not be Bitchy if its not out !!!!   just know its on the way !!  

FutureTem

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2003, 11:51:30 pm »
Well, at least we now know that the release will be soon. Thanks for the info!

LongTooth

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2003, 01:42:27 am »
Quote:

The latest version of the patch is currently winding its way through the QA process.  Taldren sent us an updated version yesterday, and we are testing it.  There have been some issues cropping up - new bugs that had to be fixed - which is typical of any project.

At this rate, I feel pretty confident we will have a patch out next week.  That's not a guarantee, that's just my honest assessment.

Taldren's been working very hard, and they've fixed a lot of bugs.

We're all very anxious to get this out to you, but we want to make sure it is bulletproof.  

Dan will the U.K. and the rest of the free world get the pacth at the same time as the U.S.A
or will it be like the beta pacth (only for the U.S.A.) and the U.K. and every where else gets a pacth at a later date  

Shabadu

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2003, 04:19:33 am »
We're on a collision course! Taldren hard a starboard! There's a planet not 700 lightyears away, watch out

Son of Technobabble

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2003, 04:54:35 am »
We're nearing the edge of the PATCH sir!

Aoav160

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2003, 04:58:38 am »
"Soon"

Dan Hagerty

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2003, 09:02:41 pm »
Quote:

Dan will the U.K. and the rest of the free world get the pacth at the same time as the U.S.A
or will it be like the beta pacth (only for the U.S.A.) and the U.K. and every where else gets a pacth at a later date  

Ooh, good question.  We are currently testing the patch on all four versions of SFC (US, Best Buy US, UK, GM) and it's working quite well on all.  Our plan is to release one patch, a worldwide patch, that will bring everyone up to the latest code base.

So, that's a long way of saying, "Yes, you will get a patch,too."      

FutureTem

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2003, 09:27:28 pm »
Again, thx from Germany for the info, sir.

Hale

D3
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2003, 10:46:43 pm »
Can you give an indication as to what state D3 will be in after the patch?  Seamless six player games and such?

Thanks!  

FutureTem

Re: D3
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2003, 11:00:07 am »
On the old Dynaverse 3 Experiences Forum, there was a thread that included a list of about 100 things the patch MIGHT change, an official list.

I'd post a link to this thread, but i dont know if it still can be found somewhere.

But for now, I think we just wait 1 or 2 more weeks. Hopefully, the patch is finally released by then, and we will all get our answers and fixes.

FutureTem

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2003, 11:05:49 am »
Ha, some wise guy found the thread and posted it again on Dyna 3 Experiences. Heres the address.

http://208.57.228.4/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB3&Number=5219&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

ActiveX

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2003, 04:24:08 pm »
Quote:

Ha, some wise guy found the thread and posted it again on Dyna 3 Experiences.

Wanna try that again?  

Hale

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2003, 04:59:40 pm »
Thats fine and dandy, but will it work when they are done?  

I'd like someone to say that D3 will be 'all that' after the patch, rather then a crash, boot, or disconnect after every battle festival.    

LongTooth

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2003, 06:32:03 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Ooh, good question.  We are currently testing the patch on all four versions of SFC (US, Best Buy US, UK, GM) and it's working quite well on all.  Our plan is to release one patch, a worldwide patch, that will bring everyone up to the latest code base.

So, that's a long way of saying, "Yes, you will get a patch,too."      

Thanks dan

Bossman

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2003, 07:14:41 pm »
Well well, aren't we being a bit sensitive.    

ActiveX

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2003, 09:43:04 pm »
Passive Agressive actually...