Topic: The patch?  (Read 21763 times)

Shabadu

The patch?
« on: January 17, 2003, 05:56:20 am »
Shabadu 3:16

And 'lo, He dids't ask, wherefor is that which implements th' will of th' Gods. That device of the Gods, the thing known only as 'Patch'? Hast the For-room been re-made in honour of th' Public Release?  

TheJudge

Re: The patch?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2003, 09:46:30 am »
The patch can be acquired at any major drug store and even many grocery stores.  Make sure you clean the skin before adding the patch and follow all directions totally and absolutely.  Do not leave the patch on for more than the recommended number of hours and absolutely do not smoke while wearing the patch (that is the purpose of it afterall).

good luck on quitting somking!

Dash Jones

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2003, 10:59:35 pm »
A new bump, not for THAT patch, but hopefully we'll see an SFC 3 patch next week?  ne pas?  

MagnumMan

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2003, 11:27:50 pm »
Imagine if we all spoke that way, how difficult it would be to figure out what people were saying!

TheSatyr

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2003, 01:44:32 am »
There is no such thing as a patch...there is no such thing as computer games...you have all been victims of an enormous hoax...the world you believe you live in does not truly exist....we do not truly exist...we all live inside the dreams of a 1,000,000 year old sauropod who lives in a swamp on Dragos IV...His name is Skippy....If Skippy wakes up we will all go poof.

And if you believe any of this then your mind must be nearly as disturbed as mine is...  

EE

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2003, 01:52:31 am »
Quote:

There is no such thing as a patch...there is no such thing as computer games...you have all been victims of an enormous hoax...the world you believe you live in does not truly exist....we do not truly exist...we all live inside the dreams of a 1,000,000 year old sauropod who lives in a swamp on Dragos IV...His name is Skippy....If Skippy wakes up we will all go poof.

And if you believe any of this then your mind must be nearly as disturbed as mine is...  

Tell me more of this 'SKIPPY', I must learn all you have on him.

Toasty0

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2003, 02:35:42 am »

Mags has the patch. But as he is now on a bus to Mexico (why? I do not know) it may be months before we see it.

What I want to know is how he is able to post from that bus.

Best,
Jerry  
« Last Edit: January 18, 2003, 02:36:34 am by Toasty0 »

NCC2012

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2003, 01:02:24 am »
Did he leave the bathtub running over, stereo on and bacon cooking on the stove?

(Yes, an obscure They Might Be Giants referrence)  §:)  

EE

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2003, 01:18:11 am »
[homer voice]Mmmmmm Bacon.... Auuguggggggg [/homer voice]

Vortox

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2003, 09:50:39 pm »
NO...come back...we need the patch now....AHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh~~~~ *silence*

Artie

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2003, 11:36:06 pm »
I got that patch from the drug store but when I installed it the processor slowed down to like half speed for fifteen minutes and then sped up again.  Now the darn thing is smoking! I'm suing taldren, activision, interplay, 14 degrees east,  paramount, gamespy, flipside, quicksilver, and the voice who keeps telling me "We're on a collision course!"  We are not on a collision course so relax OK!  

Arcilte

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2003, 11:48:08 pm »
Quote:

Did he leave the bathtub running over, stereo on and bacon cooking on the stove?

(Yes, an obscure They Might Be Giants referrence)  §:)  

Hot Cha where are you?  

Toasty0

Mags and The patch?
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2003, 05:51:24 am »

UPDATE:

It has been reported that Mags was spotted outside Mexico City hiring a taxi to take him to a remote location of a defunct radio station...

More as details become available!  

skippy

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2003, 04:22:31 pm »
...I just woke up & Dragos IV is a hole!  

FutureTem

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2003, 05:15:27 pm »
And while we are at it, lets also smack the one aboard our ships who always remembers us that "We're nearing the EDGE of the sector SIR" or "WE'RE NEARING the edge of the SECTOR sir", not to forget "we're nearing THE edge of THE sector sir"!

/humor

Ok, serious now. Has anyone REALLY heard something new on that patch for SFC3? I think its more than about time now that we finally get it, or at least an update how slow..... uhm fast Taldren works on it and when we can expect it.

Dan Hagerty

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2003, 06:16:26 pm »
The latest version of the patch is currently winding its way through the QA process.  Taldren sent us an updated version yesterday, and we are testing it.  There have been some issues cropping up - new bugs that had to be fixed - which is typical of any project.

At this rate, I feel pretty confident we will have a patch out next week.  That's not a guarantee, that's just my honest assessment.

Taldren's been working very hard, and they've fixed a lot of bugs.

We're all very anxious to get this out to you, but we want to make sure it is bulletproof.  

Mentat Jon

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2003, 06:39:56 pm »
The Important question is will the patch come WITH a manual  

Hale

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2003, 06:52:18 pm »
Quote:

We're all very anxious to get this out to you, but we want to make sure it is bulletproof.  

Can you tell us if you expect all of the of the D3 issues to be addressed?

Thanks!

Artie

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2003, 07:03:46 pm »
Dan, thanks for the updated timetable.

Son of Technobabble

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2003, 07:06:13 pm »
Quote:

At this rate, I feel pretty confident we will have a patch out next week.  That's not a guarantee, that's just my honest assessment.

Now those are sweet news!!